Australia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys :)

My partner and I have been granted partner visa 820 and we are happy!

Having said that we are confused about the next step which is 801. it says the eligibility of this visa is "after two years the combined subclass 820/801 application was lodged".

We were not aware that it was a combined application... but my immi account stated "finalised"... So, do we still need to submit another application online after two years of the date we loaded the 820? or will immigration send us an email of invitation?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
16 Posts

Having said that we are confused about the next step which is 801. it says the eligibility of this visa is "after two years the combined subclass 820/801 application was lodged".

We were not aware that it was a combined application... but my immi account stated "finalised"... So, do we still need to submit another application online after two years of the date we loaded the 820? or will immigration send us an email of invitation?

If I understand your question correctly, you will definitely need to submit another application. What you have been granted is the 820 which is a temporary visa and after two years from the date you submitted this application ie., the 820, you can then apply for the second stage which is the 801 visa which is the permanent resident visa. In most cases Home Affairs will notify you by email (usually a month before the 2 year qualification period) that you can begin the process of applying for the 801 stage of this visa. With a bit of searching, there is plenty of information,on this website, re this process!
Happy to try and answer further questions if you have them?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts

Applying for the Second Stage of a Partner Visa.

Once the initial stage of a Partner Visa application has been granted, either the 820 (Onshore) or 309 (Offshore), the next stage will be the application for the Permanent Visa, the the 801 (Onshore) or 100 (Offshore).
This can be done 24 months after the initial Provisional/Temporary Visa (820/309) was applied for.

You need to create a NEW application in the applicants online IMMIaccount.

Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot

You will need to select the option marked “Stage 2 – Permanent Partner Visa Assessment (100,801), and proceed from there.

Immigration may or may not remind you after 23 months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts