Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding the Partner visa:
I have read in the government booklet that I can't sponsor somebody if I have been sponsored in the last 5 years.
I became resident in 2015 thanks to a partner visa and I got my Citizenship in 2017.
My new boyfried and I want to apply for the defacto in WA possibly next year before his last student term;By then only 4 years would be gone from my sponsorship but we still need to wait 24 months before a decision would be made and by then it would be 6 years from my previous sponsorship..
Is it wise to apply or the Government won't count the 2 years spent waiting for a decision?
I hope I have been enough clear with the issue and if anybody can help me would be great.
thank you in advance for your replies.

Carolina

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Usually, you cannot be a sponsor if any of the following apply to you:
•you were granted a Partner visa or Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) in the last five years
•you have sponsored two other people on a Partner visa or Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)
•you have sponsored another person on a Partner visa or Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) in the last five years.

However, you may still be able to be a sponsor if there are compelling circumstances, for example:
•your previous partner died or abandoned the relationship, and you have young children
you have been with your current partner longer than two years
•you or your partner have dependent children.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.