Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! :)
I'm French, married to an Aussie for almost two years, and will lodge my onshore PartnerVisa Application soon.
Just wandering, how many pics did you attach to your application and how? I found one person on her blog on Partnervisa who put three pics on a pdf with comments under each pic, is that what you did?
Any advice more than welcome!!
Thank you in advance
Julie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi JulieB
I used PowerPoint. I mostly put one image on each slide and then described it, including the date. Sometimes I put two images on a slide if I thought it provided better detail. I then converted my multi-slide PowerPoint to a pdf (which reduces the document size substantially).
We travel quite a bit so I organised my PowerPoints into overseas travel, travel specifically between Australia and the US (where we live atm), intra-US travel etc.
I read somewhere on the website that you can reduce the resolution of your images to 96 dpi. Sometimes I found this obscured the important information, so be careful of this.
I used PowerPoint as the main tool for scanned documents and nearly everything else, too.
Good luck
Kate :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
I did three "photo" documents. I used Word to put the pictures with brief descriptions under each. I titled them: Family pictures, Weddings and Family Outings. I put about 5-10 pictures in each. Then, I saved as a pdf. All were fairly small in relation to size and I had no trouble uploading them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi everyone! :)
I'm French, married to an Aussie for almost two years, and will lodge my onshore PartnerVisa Application soon.
Just wandering, how many pics did you attach to your application and how? I found one person on her blog on Partnervisa who put three pics on a pdf with comments under each pic, is that what you did?
Any advice more than welcome!!
Thank you in advance
Julie
Easiest would be MS Word or Powerpoint, and then save as/export to pdf.
I had 6-8 photos per page with dates/comments. I had about 15-20 pages for each of my 820 and 801 application, but I split them into 3 different pdfs and label them by year, also to reduce the size of each pdf.

I used Adobe Indesign, but thats because I use that for my everyday work so its easier for me :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had a photoshop file with around 5-6 photos in each page and descriptions under each photo (1 page for travels in vietnam, 1 page for travels in mexico, 1 for photos with each others family, 1 for social outings, etc).

·
Registered
774 Posts
So do you think 145 photos too much or I should add more? I have been married for 10 years.
Yea, I'd say that's way too much. At the least, I'd cut that to half. And do them in like 2-3 pdfs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just created a word document and made a table with 2 columns- 1 for a brief description and then the picture in the other column. You can then also label them with evidence numbers to refer back to from your JRS. If the file size is too large, just save as a PDF and then compress the file- there are heaps of websites that will compress PDF for free.

Reactions: Ejona
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.