Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been approved 175 visa on October 28, 2010 and my visa has been sealed on my passport on the same day. I have been instructed to enter Australia by August, 2011. However my passport will be expired on 31st March 2011. As I cannot renew my existing passport, I need to take a new passport. In that case is it possible to have a new passport and get the visa sealed again int the new passport. What will have to do now? Will there any problem in entering australia with the new passport? Should I have to take prior permission for this?

Regards,

·
Registered
124 Posts
What do you mean can't renew your passport? Can't renew the passport #? Expired passports when renewed will be provided a new number of course.

I didn't need to re-stamp the visa on the new passport. This is on a 457. I just needed to bring the expired passport as well for reference at immigration

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Normal practice as cjka says is just to have old and new passports but if you are planning on travelling after you get your new passport, you just go into nearest immigration office with both and get a visa sticker put in the new passport or alternately just ring nearest office and confirm you can post both in for it to be done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.