Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

first, i have gone though few thread here but in the end not sure what happened ; so posting another topic.

We hold Permanent Resident visa, through ENS - 186 subclass;
we have had a baby two weeks ago; and i was under impression that they can get Australian citizenship by birth and can apply Australian Passport; correct me if i'm wrong !

as most of others, we dont have visa label in our passport and as per https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/documentation-apo-not-accept site, they do not accept new label, vevo printout or visa grant letter;

so the question is how do i satisfy this criteria ?
is there anyone who has successfully applied for Australian passport recently ? if so , can you please shed more light on this ?
we are indian citizen if it helps.

thank you all.
seshil.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
According to this thread.... http://www.australiaforum.com/visas...ication-baby-google-page-ranking-holders.html ....you should be able to submit form 119 to get evidence the child is an Australian citizen, and the would then allow you to apply for a passport.

This issue and question has come up a few times, but I haven't actually seen any posts afterwards from someone who's been successful in this process. So if you are able to wade through this problem, please report back on how it went.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to this thread.... http://www.australiaforum.com/visas...ication-baby-google-page-ranking-holders.html ....you should be able to submit form 119 to get evidence the child is an Australian citizen, and the would then allow you to apply for a passport.

This issue and question has come up a few times, but I haven't actually seen any posts afterwards from someone who's been successful in this process. So if you are able to wade through this problem, please report back on how it went.
Thanks Maggie,
i have seen form and let me tell you its one the most complicated form i have seen :(
few things from form, not sure if i can provide ; for example on page 5, table B, it says birth after on or after 20 August 1986, You became an Australian citizen at birth if at least one of your parents was an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia at the time of your birth.
(i satisfy that condition) but now for that i have to show supporting document- an evidance which can be 1) Evidence of one parent's Australian citizenship (if available), for example an Australian passport issued after 1 July 2005, a certificate of Australian citizenship, or an
Australian birth certificate, or 2) Evidence of one parent's permanent
residence in Australia (if available), for example a passport with a visa granting permanent residence or permanent entry stamp "

now here is the problem again, i dont have visa label; so do i have get visa label to satisfy this condition ?

then again on page 11, Part A - your details - will it be my details or my baby's detail ? and regardless my or baby's details they want full name when Australiam Cityzenship was original acquired (number 3 in part A) ; not sure what to mention there ?

and in Part A - your details - will it be all my details or baby's detail ?

thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
2,110 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Exactly my point
I'm following this thread as I happen to be in the same situation
I think it's safe to assume that everyone knows the visa label option is no longer viable given that it was discontined

Therefore, we would like to know what's an acceptable evidence as countermeasure

Reactions: Dinkum

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update 1 :

spoken to customer service guy at Collins street passport office; and they confirmed that if you dont have Visa label on passport then you need to apply using form 119; (which also ask for visa label !!! ) but they confirmed that you can apply with visa letter which is sufficient .

i will update this post when my process develop further.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thank you and we will await further confirmation

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update

Hi guys,
so i have received Australian Citizen certificate last Thursday.
it appears they take upto 4 weeks to issue citizen certificate.

i will be applying for Australian Passport hopefully next week. I will update this post once i apply.

thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
update

Today i have successfully applied for Child passport at APO.

docs submitted :
Application form (make sure its one sided otherwise it will be rejected )
Child's birth certificate
Child's citizen certificate ( you do not have to take copy, as they will make it there)
and one of parent's identity. - i produced my driving license.

this should be enough.

To make an appointment , call on 1300300357 APO number, there are few Post office in Melbourne cbd, where you do not require appointment. (Post office on collins st west , Post office at GPO etc.)

will update again when i receive passport.
thanks
Seshil.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thought would give more info for application process ,

- Please bring extra photo with your application when you go to Australia post, as there are chances they may say there are scratches on photo hence they cannot accept it.

- Make sure all boxes are clearly visible in application form , otherwise they will reject application

- Make sure all information are within relevant box or your application will be rejected

hope these helps someone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.