Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've just got my 801 visa, after being on the 820 for 2 years, and my thoughts turn to citizenship.
Apologies if this has been asked ( I did a search, but couldn't find any definitive info) - does time on 820 count as PR for the purposes of citizenship? I'd clearly like to get the application in ASAP, as the current lot in Canberra seem to be itching to make it 4+ years and not one ,as at present.
Any clues, anyone? I understand that from work, travel, etc, perspective, the 820 counts as PR...

Thanks
M

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
PR is PR. 820 was not a permanent residency visa. The 801 is permanent residency.

I've never seen in any way that the 820 is considered permanent so not sure where you get that idea about work, travel, perspective, etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You need 4 years in Australia on valid visas and 1 of those years spent on your 801. So you need solid 12 months in Australia on your 801 and no more than 90 days outside australia in that time.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Possibly it will become 4 years PR after July. 8 years if Pauline Hanson gets her way !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Possibly it will become 4 years PR after July. 8 years if Pauline Hanson gets her way !
depends if that nice mr Dutton manages to get his pet bill through the senate; unless he makes some major compromises, it may not happen. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Do they propose to remove the RRv requirement if that is the case? Or extend the life of the 100 PR visa for example?
The RRV will not be removed. Non-Citizens will still need that.
The 100 PR visa has no expiry. I stayed on PR for 25 years before I chose to get citizenship. Just needed a few RRV's during that time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.