Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who pays what for the new 482 visa? I have a sponsor but who pays which part? Also some people say 457 and some people say TSS - some say 482 - I get very confused. Which is it?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Who pays what for the new 482 visa? I have a sponsor but who pays which part? Also some people say 457 and some people say TSS - some say 482 - I get very confused. Which is it?
The new 482 (TSS) Visa replaced the 457 visa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much - I know it was replaced but do some people just use the same name? Very confusing.

What about payment? Who pays?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
The sponsor must pay for the sponsorship and nomination. It is illegal to try and recuperate these costs from the employee.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
No, the employer must pay the fees for the Standard Business Sponsorship and Employer Nomination applications. They are not obligated to pay the fees for your visa application.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
In my experience, nominators almost always pay for everything, but visa applicants can pay for their visa application, skills assessment, medical report, English test, health insurance and agent fees relation to these.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My employer is paying my visa application fee in addition to their fees, but I believe I am covering all the other fees (police, medical, etc.).

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thankyou Nick. Do you mean even for my visa fee?
No they don't have to pay for anything to do with the visa application, but they can if they want to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.