Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding the permanent partner 100 visa,

The time is coming up soon for us to be 2 years since the original 309 lodgement date.

As part of evidence, I have noticed it requests evidence of joint finances, e.g. rent/utility bills, joint back account as well as having joint lease agreements, ownership of assets etc

The issue is, as we live with parents, neither of us pay rent/utilities etc (not directly at least), and my partner is not working and is supported by me and my parents completely. In this sense much of the above simply doesn't apply to us.

Basically, even though I am working full time we are still fortunate to have parental accommodation and support and so don't have any lease or mortgages or bills in either of our names, individually or separately. Will this be an issue in terms of successfully processing a permanent visa? :confused:

·
Registered
345 Posts
What kind of evidence did you supply for your initial 309 application? As I am sure you are aware, the 309, like the 100 (they are essentially the same application) is a de-facto visa and requires de-facto evidence.

If your 309 was granted, you must have supplied some sort of de-facto evidence similar to what you are asking for the second stage (100).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response. In our case it is a marriage (we were married well before we sent the initial 309). The original evidence we provided didn't have anything to do with finances/living together because we were living apart at the time (of doing 309). The evidence we provided was to do with social/communication type evidence e.g. chat logs/phone call logs

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thanks for your response. In our case it is a marriage (we were married well before we sent the initial 309). The original evidence we provided didn't have anything to do with finances/living together because we were living apart at the time (of doing 309). The evidence we provided was to do with social/communication type evidence e.g. chat logs/phone call logs
Annotated bank records should tell a great story.
Major purchases - car?
Minor financial commitments - Insurance? Netflix?
I don't recall what section super benificiaries come under, but you can include that somewhere too.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Interesting, because the 309 would have required evidence of how you support each other financially regardless of whether you were living together at the time or not. Simply being married doesn't change that.

You need to provide evidence of how you support each other financially. If that means you pay the bills but out of a joint account, or you pay his bills out of your account, then that is evidence. If you look through various partner visa threads, you may find other ideas of evidence you can give.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input, I guess those smaller things should be fairly helpful. Though my partner has no income so everything is paid by me, but I give her cash for smaller expenses.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting, because the 309 would have required evidence of how you support each other financially regardless of whether you were living together at the time or not. Simply being married doesn't change that.

You need to provide evidence of how you support each other financially. If that means you pay the bills but out of a joint account, or you pay his bills out of your account, then that is evidence. If you look through various partner visa threads, you may find other ideas of evidence you can give.
Thanks for your response. Yes at the time of the 309, I was sending money from Australia to her to support her (she is the one who applied for the visa). But now that she is living with me, this doesn't apply.

I understand what you are saying but the issue is neither of us have any bills, because we are both living like kids with my parents (even though I earn a reasonable full time income). Basically my parents pay for everything, including bills and food for the household we all live in (but i contribute weekly). She has 0 income and 0 expenses, I just give her cash for discretionary expenses. The only significant expense I have is my car which I bought before she came to Australia, and I pay for rego/insurance etc.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thanks for your response. Yes at the time of the 309, I was sending money from Australia to her to support her (she is the one who applied for the visa). But now that she is living with me, this doesn't apply.

I understand what you are saying but the issue is neither of us have any bills, because we are both living like kids with my parents (even though I earn a reasonable full time income). Basically my parents pay for everything, including bills and food for the household we all live in (but i contribute weekly). She has 0 income and 0 expenses, I just give her cash for discretionary expenses. The only significant expense I have is my car which I bought before she came to Australia, and I pay for rego/insurance etc.
Provide a detailed statement explaining how your finances are organised.

Reactions: Abode

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Provide a detailed statement explaining how your finances are organised.
Thanks Nick, I think that is how we will have to address the financial side of things, since its different from many others

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
The only significant expense I have is my car which I bought before she came to Australia, and I pay for rego/insurance etc.
In our relationship my wife has no income either, however, when I talk about things purchased I would always say 'we' purchased them, as I tend to think of things jointly.

By using the word "I" you are pointing out the separation of finances.

'Our' income is $xx per month, even though 'we' have only one income.
'We' bought a xxx for the living room.

Terminology can create an immediate opinion in a persons mind.

Reactions: Abode

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In our relationship my wife has no income either, however, when I talk about things purchased I would always say 'we' purchased them, as I tend to think of things jointly.

By using the word "I" you are pointing out the separation of finances.

'Our' income is $xx per month, even though 'we' have only one income.
'We' bought a xxx for the living room.

Terminology can create an immediate opinion in a persons mind.
Thats a very good point to keep in mind, thanks for that :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.