Australia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My temporary partner visa (subclass 820) has been granted, and I have lodged my application for Medicare. I just wanted to double check if I was still required to continue my private health insurance with Bupa to satisfy the 'adequate health insurance for visa holders' requirement when I lodge for the permanent partner visa (subclass 801) in 2 years time? I believe Medicare (if my application is accepted) is enough and it's only in the absence of Medicare eligibility, where private health insurance is required?

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Hi,

My temporary partner visa (subclass 820) has been granted, and I have lodged my application for Medicare. I just wanted to double check if I was still required to continue my private health insurance with Bupa to satisfy the 'adequate health insurance for visa holders' requirement when I lodge for the permanent partner visa (subclass 801) in 2 years time? I believe Medicare (if my application is accepted) is enough and it's only in the absence of Medicare eligibility, where private health insurance is required?
You are eligible for Medicare from the date you apply for the 820.

Private health insurance is not required for the visa.

However, you might need it to avoid paying extra medicare levy. For some people that cost may be higher than the insurance premiums.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts