Australia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My partner and I submitted our application for the Permanent Partner Visa (801) in November 2020. We didn't have as much evidence this time around (partially due to COVID), and recently I have started to doubt the amount of evidence we submitted. I have listed the items below and any advice on whether or not this amount of evidence should be sufficient will be greatly appreciated.

Our background
  • Sponsor, Australian - Applicant, Scandinavian
  • First met through studies in 2014
  • Relationship commenced in 2015
  • Moved in together and commenced de-facto relationship in 2016
  • Applied for 820 in September 2018
  • Applied for 801 in November 2020

Evidence attached in our 801 application

ID
  • Passport - Applicant
  • Passport - Sponsor

Financial Aspects
  • Joint bank statements showing that joint account is used for 90% of all our expenditures and day to day living costs.
  • Receipts for: large purchases made for household goods and appliances, movie tickets, and personal purchases for both applicant and sponsor
  • Document compiling evidence on joint responsibility for our shared car and related bills: joint car insurance, and bills under both applicant and sponsor's name for the same car
  • Applicant's individual bank account statements showing regular transfers to joint account
  • Applicant's savings account statement showing a transfers to joint account
  • Sponsor's individual bank account statements showing regular transfers to joint account
  • Joint utilities accounts documents (joint phone plan, joint Spotify, and explanation on how rest of the utilities allow only one name on the bills)
  • Current joint tenancy agreement

Social Aspects
  • Applicant and sponsor declaring each other as spouses in tax return
  • Joint Invitations to engagement party and a wedding
  • Photographs showing applicant and sponsor with family and friends
  • Applicant and sponsor joint flight tickets
  • Form 888 from sponsor's mother and father
  • Contact while apart - Facebook messages

Other Documents
  • Recent work related writing where applicant writes about her partner (sponsor)
  • Sponsor and applicant proof of address - recent government mail and few payslips
  • Sponsor signed and witnessed statutory declaration
  • Applicant signed and witnessed statutory declaration
  • Applicant recent Australian police certificate

Does this look okay or is there something important missing that we should try to include within our application? We could always get more Form 888s if needed?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Hi Everyone,

My partner and I submitted our application for the Permanent Partner Visa (801) in November 2020. We didn't have as much evidence this time around (partially due to COVID), and recently I have started to doubt the amount of evidence we submitted. I have listed the items below and any advice on whether or not this amount of evidence should be sufficient will be greatly appreciated.

Our background
  • Sponsor, Australian - Applicant, Scandinavian
  • First met through studies in 2014
  • Relationship commenced in 2015
  • Moved in together and commenced de-facto relationship in 2016
  • Applied for 820 in September 2018
  • Applied for 801 in November 2020

Evidence attached in our 801 application

ID
  • Passport - Applicant
  • Passport - Sponsor

Financial Aspects
  • Joint bank statements showing that joint account is used for 90% of all our expenditures and day to day living costs.
  • Receipts for: large purchases made for household goods and appliances, movie tickets, and personal purchases for both applicant and sponsor
  • Document compiling evidence on joint responsibility for our shared car and related bills: joint car insurance, and bills under both applicant and sponsor's name for the same car
  • Applicant's individual bank account statements showing regular transfers to joint account
  • Applicant's savings account statement showing a transfers to joint account
  • Sponsor's individual bank account statements showing regular transfers to joint account
  • Joint utilities accounts documents (joint phone plan, joint Spotify, and explanation on how rest of the utilities allow only one name on the bills)
  • Current joint tenancy agreement

Social Aspects
  • Applicant and sponsor declaring each other as spouses in tax return
  • Joint Invitations to engagement party and a wedding
  • Photographs showing applicant and sponsor with family and friends
  • Applicant and sponsor joint flight tickets
  • Form 888 from sponsor's mother and father
  • Contact while apart - Facebook messages

Other Documents
  • Recent work related writing where applicant writes about her partner (sponsor)
  • Sponsor and applicant proof of address - recent government mail and few payslips
  • Sponsor signed and witnessed statutory declaration
  • Applicant signed and witnessed statutory declaration
  • Applicant recent Australian police certificate

Does this look okay or is there something important missing that we should try to include within our application? We could always get more Form 888s if needed?
That's a lot more than we did, but have you done the sponsor declaration too.? Some people miss that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It seems that you've supplied well enough evidences. I too lodged my 801 on Nov 2020. It's been granted today!
I attached: Joint bank statement, land title (as we recently purchased a property), 2 x 888s, IDs, Social evidences, Convos while apart, AFP cert, Sponsor stat dec and more property documents. Overall 22 documents attached.

2 x 888s is enough imo.

I was planning to supply more social evidences but didn't get around it then I got the grant.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts