Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am British and am just about to start the whole process of applying for a partner visa for Australia.

I have been married to my wife for 2 years, 5 months and in total we have been a couple for just over 7 years. We have only lived together for 2 years so I'm wondering if this would mean that I can not apply for a permanent partner visa straight away? Ive done a bit of research and its looks as though we have to be living together 3 years to qualify for the permanent visa which seems stupid when we have proof that we have been together for years!

I am an air traffic controller and cant work in Australia in this field without a permanent resident visa so I'm really worried about this! Can someone shed some light on this as I have spoken to a couple of migration agents and they are really vaugue about it all.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Well, it's a case of whether you have been together or not for the three years for you say yourself you have only been living together for two years!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
What do you mean?
Well you posted
We have only lived together for 2 years so I'm wondering if this would mean that I can not apply for a permanent partner visa straight away?
And that is something Immi will be looking at re a relationship length, perhaps the five months apart in being married for 2y5m also considered depending on the circumstances for being separated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bank Statement - how many months???

Hi again Wanderer,

Are you able to clarify the below for me? I am applying for a temporary/partner visa to Australia.

Bank Statements - how far back do we have to go with these? Shall I just get a copy of the last 3 months from our bank or longer?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
With married couples there is still a nominal six months minimum that Immi look for which you exceed but I would provide any evidence for at least that long and if it is no problem to have stuff for 6- 12 months, I'd go with something in that range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.