Australia Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1504 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Tq m8 but nothing for this year hey?
No official details yet that I have seen, but that info will probably be available next month.

That info was from Subclass 100 Visa Grant Statistics in 2020

However, 75% of the subclass 100 visas finalised in January 2021, took under 18 months, 15% took between 18 and 24 months, and 10% took over 24 months.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is really getting frustrating for me. :mad: My partner applied for 100 visa around Sep 2020 and 6 months gone but nothing happened. Application is sitting at "Received". She isn't getting any jobs just coz, she isn't a PR yet. With the upcoming changes from the Immigration dept, while applying 100/801 subclass, both partner and sponsor need to demonstrate English language competency. Not sure when they gonna bring this one this year..!! I see people getting double grants with 309&100 at same time, but nothing moving just for Stage 2 applicants.. :mad::mad::mad:

32 Posts
This is really getting frustrating for me. :mad: My partner applied for 100 visa around Sep 2020 and 6 months gone but nothing happened. Application is sitting at "Received". She isn't getting any jobs just coz, she isn't a PR yet. With the upcoming changes from the Immigration dept, while applying 100/801 subclass, both partner and sponsor need to demonstrate English language competency. Not sure when they gonna bring this one this year..!! I see people getting double grants with 309&100 at same time, but nothing moving just for Stage 2 applicants.. :mad::mad::mad:
we are in the same situation.. my wife did not get any job because she does not have the PR , and it has been 13 months since we submitted our 100 visa application .. ! really frustrating

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hear you loud and i understand your feeling we are in same boat I applied four times for job but because no Pr my application has been rejected I’ve got two kids they going to school and I’m six years in relationship married over four years .
English requirement apply from end of 2021 might after July for those who’s going to apply for 309/100 or 820/801 you already applied and got your first stage so your wife not included.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I hear you loud and i understand your feeling we are in same boat I applied four times for job but because no Pr my application has been rejected I've got two kids they going to school and I'm six years in relationship married over four years .
English requirement apply from end of 2021 might after July for those who's going to apply for 309/100 or 820/801 you already applied and got your first stage so your wife not included.
True mate. English lang requirement is required while we apply for stage2(100/801). Having said that, since we already applied and a long time still, it shouldn't be a problem. But, you never know??! If I am not wrong, I remember you said, your application is in the "Further assessment" stage. Is it still that way?

·
Registered
24 Posts
شكوبيستان السفل;2010735 said:
we are in the same situation.. my wife did not get any job because she does not have the PR , and it has been 13 months since we submitted our 100 visa application .. ! really frustrating
Sometimes, I feel how weird/funny the dept thinks.:eek: As per DHA, they are bringing the English language requirement just coz, partner visa holders seem to be not competent in the job market? But the reality is, they should speed up these PR grants which is actually a real roadblock to get a job! Not sure, when they gonna realize the truth. :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Steve,you mean if you got your first stage grant you dont need the english requirement,i am bit worried because my eligibility for stage 2 is next year its a bit relief it it is true.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Steve,you mean if you got your first stage grant you dont need the english requirement,i am bit worried because my eligibility for stage 2 is next year its a bit relief it it is true.
Hi Cel960, Thats what it seems like - still not a clear explanation is given by dept on this.

From Minister:

"From late 2021, new partner visa applicants and permanent resident sponsors will be required to have functional level English or to demonstrate that they have made reasonable efforts to learn English.
Most partner visas are a provisional visa of two years before becoming eligible for a permanent visa. The requirement will have to be met at the time of the granting of the permanent visa. "

One other agent says -
This English requirement will need to be met at the permanent visa approval stage, so this will affect those who have already lodged their 309 or 820 applicants if their visa is not granted before these changes are introduced."

Refer below links for more details

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au...-learn-English-to-maximise-job-prospects.aspx
https://www.australianskilledmigrat...new partner,hours of English language classes.
https://www.sbs.com.au/language/eng...n-international-students-and-skilled-migrants

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes true as I said it’s not included us we already
Waiting for sub 100 and 801.
And don’t worry too much guys just in case take short course study like cert 3 for three month .
I done mine 7 years ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Cel960, Thats what it seems like - still not a clear explanation is given by dept on this.

From Minister:

"From late 2021, new partner visa applicants and permanent resident sponsors will be required to have functional level English or to demonstrate that they have made reasonable efforts to learn English.
Most partner visas are a provisional visa of two years before becoming eligible for a permanent visa. The requirement will have to be met at the time of the granting of the permanent visa. "

One other agent says -
This English requirement will need to be met at the permanent visa approval stage, so this will affect those who have already lodged their 309 or 820 applicants if their visa is not granted before these changes are introduced."

Refer below links for more details

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au...-learn-English-to-maximise-job-prospects.aspx
https://www.australianskilledmigrat...new partner,hours of English language classes.
https://www.sbs.com.au/language/eng...n-international-students-and-skilled-migrants
Thank you very much for the information i understand more now...

·
Registered
67 Posts
If they grant my visa sub 100 anytime this year I’ll be eligible year after for citizenship as i living in Australia since 2009 with valid visa.

1481 - 1500 of 1504 Posts