·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am starting a new one as it was getting rather long and outdated.

The other thread will be there for people to refer back to if need be.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi Mish,

I went to the old thread and found it is closed now. As an update I sent Immigration an inquiry and follow up, I have gotten an answer that my application is still on process, this is a first time that finally my paper application has been looked at. I also sent a global feedback regarding the delay in processing unsure what will be their response. Keeping fingers crossed I am reaching18+ months. Hope progress will come.!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mish, for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you're okay and send you big loves from both myself and the dirty great big German Shepherd sitting here with me.

Now on to business.

When DIBP say they are going to "clear the backlog" of low risk, decision ready, onshore partner visas, please, please reassure me that that means they are going to clear the backlog of 801s? I am really not healthy at the moment and need things spelled out in plain English.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank you for opening this new thread.
My eligibility date for 801 will be at the beginning of Jul. and I am expecting to receive a letter from DIBP next month
my question for online application can I start filling my online 801 now without submitting it my idea is just to get it ready for now as I will be busy next months and then when I receive the letter from DIBP I will submit the application and start uploading the evidences and checklist.
is that possible or the online application will prevent me from continue filling the application until I upload certain documents.

Thanks in advance

=====================
PMV Applied: Jun 2013
PMV Granted : May 2015
820 Applied : Jun 2015
820 Granted: Jul 2015

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for opening this new thread.
My eligibility date for 801 will be at the beginning of Jul. and I am expecting to receive a letter from DIBP next month
my question for online application can I start filling my online 801 now without submitting it my idea is just to get it ready for now as I will be busy next months and then when I receive the letter from DIBP I will submit the application and start uploading the evidences and checklist.
is that possible or the online application will prevent me from continue filling the application until I upload certain documents.

Thanks in advance

=====================
PMV Applied: Jun 2013
PMV Granted : May 2015
820 Applied : Jun 2015
820 Granted: Jul 2015
You can start filling it out. There will be a question that asks if it has been 24 months since you lodged the 820. If you say yes it will let you proceed. You can then fill everything out and then submit when the time comes. After you submit you can upload the documents.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mish, for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you're okay and send you big loves from both myself and the dirty great big German Shepherd sitting here with me.

Now on to business.

When DIBP say they are going to "clear the backlog" of low risk, decision ready, onshore partner visas, please, please reassure me that that means they are going to clear the backlog of 801s? I am really not healthy at the moment and need things spelled out in plain English.
It is government lingo for them not having met target for the year so far so they need to increase the number to meet target for the year.

I am unsure if it is for both 820 and 801's though.

I hope you feel better soon :) - we have had a few people away at work sick.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can start filling it out. There will be a question that asks if it has been 24 months since you lodged the 820. If you say yes it will let you proceed. You can then fill everything out and then submit when the time comes. After you submit you can upload the documents.
Thank you very much Mish
so there is no harm in answering yes to the question if it has been 24 months since I lodged the 820 to proceed .

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you very much Mish
so there is no harm in answering yes to the question if it has been 24 months since I lodged the 820 to proceed .
CCMS recommends not lodging until the 24 months but people have lodged prior to the 24 months and not had an issue.

DIBP can't see what you have done on the application until you lodge it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi All

This is a waiting thread for subclass 801 visa. It is for people who already hold a subclass 820.

This thread is in relation to 801 visa only. Any posts that are non-related to this topic will either be moved or deleted.
Hi Mish,

Can you post in here the link to spreedsheet for approved 801 visa and waiting for 2017,please?

I would appreciate it very much and I know your help/ideas are valuable to everyone in here.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys!
Silent reader here :)

So here we go...
Our eligibility date is 2nd May 2016. Today we had a call from a case officer asking where I live and whats my partner called. It was quite a quick conversation really so I was a bit shocked by it all... Half an hour later my partner called from work and said he too received a call and answered the same questions ( we have been together 4.5 years and have a child so we have nothing to hide)

I'm looking all through these threads and some people have been granted already even though their eligibility date was after ours. And when they get a call they get asked a lot more questions...

Because it was so quick I didnt ask any questions back... I don't think I seemed nervous...

Has anyone else had a call with pretty much "whats your name, partners name, DOB, Address, and where will you be living in the next 6 months?" then "ok thank you for your time!" and hangs up....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone. I am new to the group. I am from Norway and have been with my Australian partner since 2013 - we are getting married in a little more than 4 months! I have been living in Australia since 2009 though.

I applied for the 801 on my eligibility date of 17th July 2016 and I am patiently waiting for it to be granted.

It's good to be able to be part of a community where we are all in the same boat and we can share experiences. Knowing that most people do not get granted until after at least 12 months makes me more prepared to play the waiting game.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi everyone. I am new to the group. I am from Norway and have been with my Australian partner since 2013 - we are getting married in a little more than 4 months! I have been living in Australia since 2009 though.

I applied for the 801 on my eligibility date of 17th July 2016 and I am patiently waiting for it to be granted.

It's good to be able to be part of a community where we are all in the same boat and we can share experiences. Knowing that most people do not get granted until after at least 12 months makes me more prepared to play the waiting game.
Welcome! Most of us are in the same boat, my husband (the applicant) is from the UK and we applied for the 801 on 26 June 2016, so you're not that far behind us.

DIBP have a tendency to approve PR in a random order, so you could very well have PR before my husband!!!

Don't you just hate the waiting?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Everyone,

My eligible date was the 11th April 2016 so i'm coming up to 12 months waiting already.

From the UK and have uploaded all required documentation so fingers crossed they one day just grant it.

As mentioned above, the process doesn't seem to follow any sort of schedule as people whose eligibility dates were after mine have already been granted their PR so it's definitely a bit of a waiting game.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A question for those who have recently been granted their 801 (PR).

When my 820 come through, i got the email at 5.47pm Perth time and it come from a letter generator email address.

I read somewhere that they process all the 801's over in Melbourne so was wondering what times people have been receiving the email that the visa has been granted?

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I got mine at 8:20 am on a Saturday! (Sydney/Melbourne time) :)

Reactions: alimac23

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Hi guys!
Silent reader here :)

So here we go...
Our eligibility date is 2nd May 2016. Today we had a call from a case officer asking where I live and whats my partner called. It was quite a quick conversation really so I was a bit shocked by it all... Half an hour later my partner called from work and said he too received a call and answered the same questions ( we have been together 4.5 years and have a child so we have nothing to hide)

I'm looking all through these threads and some people have been granted already even though their eligibility date was after ours. And when they get a call they get asked a lot more questions...

Because it was so quick I didnt ask any questions back... I don't think I seemed nervous...

Has anyone else had a call with pretty much "whats your name, partners name, DOB, Address, and where will you be living in the next 6 months?" then "ok thank you for your time!" and hangs up....
Hey rpjjackson - The thread you posted to was an old one from 2015, so I moved your post to this thread so you'd have other current posts/information/people to chat to about waiting for the 801. :)

I actually haven't heard of many people from the UK being interviewed - really interesting that they did so for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,
My submitted date for 820: 13 nov 2014
And 820 granted on 15 feb 2016
I sent an email to asked whether I eligible to apply for my 801 visa last year Sept 2016. They replied me that I had to wait for the 2 years email. But until now April 2017 I haven't heard anything from the immigration yet?
Can anyone tell me why?

1 - 20 of 5820 Posts