Australia Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 5666 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all! I’m in need of some advice, pretty please! 🙏

As you know I contacted IMMI and advised them that my partner and I “broke up” we Later revoked the voluntary visa cancellation with the help of Mark.

On Friday I received an email from what I think, my case officer, advising me that the 1022 form needs to be withdrawn or my visa will be refused. She also said I needed to reply ASAP as she would be making a decision on this application shortly.

I replied, advising her that I believe a mistake had been made and attached the successful revocation from IMMI (the document advising me that my visa was reinstated)

She advised me that she did indeed make a mistake and told me that she would be requesting further documents shortly.

I now received a checklist, asking me to provide the following:

1. Reconciliation statutory declarations from you and your sponsor

2. Evidence of communication with your sponsor from 21 February 2018 to date

3. Evidence of an ongoing de facto relationship with your sponsor

Have any of you got any experience with the reconciliation statement?

Provide evidence won’t be a problem, apart from a few gaps of communication.

As for Evidence of the ongoing relationship, all I can think of on the top of my head is the following:

- joint bank account statement
- written conversations with people who know when I will be returning to Australia
- evidence of the organisation to return my dog to Australia
- photos of the house showing that most of my belongings are still there

Other than that, all I can think of is plane tickets from him coming to see me in Germany and written conversation while I’m in German

Do you have any advice regarding the reconciliation statement? And maybe any further ideas what evidence I could provide apart from the above mentioned?

Thanks in advance!

I’ve been given a 28 deadline to respond.

🙏Fran

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The Stage 2 application has always been there, that's not because you're 2 months away.

Website was updated and changed the 2 month thing to 1 month. The online form asks if it's been 24 months since you applied and selecting "No" won't let you continue. Personally, not much point in doing it early as they won't look at it beforehand. You can gather all your documents then upload it all within an hour on the day.
Yea, I know they won't look at it before my date, but was wanting to get it all uploaded and done. I've been putting everything together for months. LOL Oh well, I'll just wait then. Was so excited when I realized I'd hit the 2 month mark. Don't know why I'm in such a hurry, with the processing times as they are. But would have been nice to have everything submitted and then be able to forget about it. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It's a bit confusing how they say you can apply a month early but the online form question makes you think otherwise. I used to think that one month was for Postal applications since it could take time to get there but they haven't removed that note and now you can only apply online.

Other parts of the website still say two months prior lol.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Yea, I know they won't look at it before my date, but was wanting to get it all uploaded and done. I've been putting everything together for months. LOL Oh well, I'll just wait then. Was so excited when I realized I'd hit the 2 month mark. Don't know why I'm in such a hurry, with the processing times as they are. But would have been nice to have everything submitted and then be able to forget about it. Thanks for the reply!
The department has recently started sending notifications out again for Stage 2 eligibility.

So just wait around for that email a month prior then you should be good to go... EDIT: to page 14 lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello! I used to have an agent but now on stage 2 and planning to lodge it on my own. Just wondering if do i need to certify as a trye copy the docs that i will be scanning and attach?example my passport,my birth certificate? I know statutorical declation should. but how about the other docs?thanks for the help

·
Registered
1 Posts
801 finally grant!

Applied for 820/801 30th of June 2015
820 granted on 26th August 2016
801 eligibility date 30 June 2017
801 granted 9th of August 2018

Almost 3 years and 2 months waiting!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi guys, I have been trying to find more information online regarding to the process after granted 820 but didn’t have much luck.

So I can start uploading docs after 2yrs from my first application right?

But is there any guide or document checklist on immi web or does it differ on each application? So that I can prepare and make pdfs to upload..

Or is it almost the same as the 820 visa?

Please let me know any information or advice you can give me. Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,989
Hi guys, I have been trying to find more information online regarding to the process after granted 820 but didn't have much luck.

So I can start uploading docs after 2yrs from my first application right?

But is there any guide or document checklist on immi web or does it differ on each application? So that I can prepare and make pdfs to upload..

Or is it almost the same as the 820 visa?

Please let me know any information or advice you can give me. Thanks guys
Some people upload a month before eligibility date but it doesn't matter as they won't process it before the eligibility date anyway.

The evidence you need is from the grant of the 820 to current. So things like joint bills, joint bank accounts, joint travel etc. The binding beneficiary for super usually needs to be renewed every 3 years so if you have used super beneficiary as evidence it wouldn't hurt to include that to show that it is still current.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Thanks Mish, we still need to do two 888 forms and stat decs from both of us as well I assume?? 🙂
The website is down for maintenance at the moment, but go to the 820/801 website, click the tab that says "Follow these steps" or similar, scroll down to step 5, click the "Permanent Partner visa calculator" link, then answer yes and yes to get to the checklists.

Assuming the website is still the same after the maintenance. Though I suspect they're going to roll out a new style.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi guys I'm new here . Please help.
I have partner visa 801 in process and it's being looked at as we speak. We are very hopeful it's going to get granted. But just in case if doesn't what Visa would I go on then ? As I will be overseas at the time of decision?
What are my other options?
Currently on 820 since November 2017.
Thanks in advance.
Jennifer

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi mish

Just a quick question please .
I have partner visa 801 in process and it's being looked at as we speak. We are very hopeful it's going to get granted. But just in case if doesn't what Visa would I go on then ? As I will be overseas at the time of decision?
Currently on 820 since November 2016.
Thanks in advance.
Jennifer

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Just a quick question please .
Currently on 820 since November 2016.
Thanks in advance.
Jennifer
Well, you won't be on the 820 anymore as that will cease once the decision is made on the 801. You'd have to find some other visa that you're eligible to enter Australia on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi skybluebrewer.
Thanks for your reply. My Mara agent has informed me otherwise saying . I will still be on 820 visa and it will remain in affect even if 801 gets refused whilst I'm overseas at the time of decision.
Is that true? Or is it a false statement?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi skybluebrewer.
Thanks for your reply. My Mara agent has informed me otherwise saying . I will still be on 820 visa and it will remain in affect even if 801 gets refused whilst I'm overseas at the time of decision.
Is that true? Or is it a false statement?
Thanks in advance.
I may be wrong but my grant letter and immigration's website say "The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) lets you stay in Australia until a decision is made on your permanent Partner visa (subclass 801)."

I think it odd that they'd just keep the 820 valid and allow you to stay in Oz after an 801 refusal. But hey, I'm no professional. If you're paying a registered migration agent, then you don't need advice from strangers.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
The department has recently started sending notifications out again for Stage 2 eligibility.

So just wait around for that email a month prior then you should be good to go... EDIT: to page 14 lol.
They missed us in that notification change. We didn't get the letter, but I knew they were not sending them, so it was OK. But I did half expect they would send us one after they changed the system back. But they didn't.

We have submitted the 801 things now, and I am just hoping we have done enough.

The nerves are coming back, after the relaxation period (almost 2 years) from getting the 820 grant. I'd almost forgotten how nervous it can be.

Are there any threads (or specific posts) showing what people submitted for the 801? I feel like double checking everything..

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
They missed us in that notification change. We didn't get the letter, but I knew they were not sending them, so it was OK. But I did half expect they would send us one after they changed the system back. But they didn't.

We have submitted the 801 things now, and I am just hoping we have done enough.

The nerves are coming back, after the relaxation period (almost 2 years) from getting the 820 grant. I'd almost forgotten how nervous it can be.

Are there any threads (or specific posts) showing what people submitted for the 801? I feel like double checking everything..
Downside to getting a fast 820 grant... more work gathering evidence since the grant! 2 years worth for us as well to gather and organize, ugh. Good luck!

1981 - 2000 of 5666 Posts