Australia Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 5666 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
File size

Anyone have any idea about permitted MB of files that need to upload in IMMIACC? I heard a file shouldn't more than 5MB?
A file should not be larger than 5MB. Note that when you upload a file through Internet, there is an extra bit adds up to a 5MB file and turns it to 5.001MB which causes the system to reject your file with an error known as Oversize File Error. So I suggest you to stick with 4.95MB to be safe.

If you upload files in bulk (if the option is still available), the sum should not exceed 20MB. For example you may be able to upload 4 files of 5MB or 10 files of 2MB in one go.

Also refer to https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa/atta for more information.

Good luck

Reactions: Ejona

·
Registered
127 Posts
Very desperate for your help, please help.

I'm overseas at the moment and my 801 has been refused saying my evidences aren't enough.
What do I do now? What visa am I on now?
Can I come back into Australia asap to apply an appeal (aat) ?
How long do I get to appeal ?
What are my options please help.
Thanks in advance.
Jennifer
Hi Jennifer,

Really sorry to hear your visa got refused!
I think you need to be on shore to make an appeal and need a valid visa to enter Australia. I recommend to contact your agent/ lawyer asap and seek the solution.

May I please ask on what basis that they refused your visa? Did they specify which section was lack of evidence?

I am also waiting for 801 and I travel a lot both for work and with the sponsor so this really concerns me

Thank you and best of luck!

V.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi 801 visa waiting group,

My partner and I have submitted the 801 visa application (currently finishing off uploaded our evidence), and I had a query/comment about the wait times...

On the DIBP website, it cites that the wait times as 16 months (75% processed) and 23 months (90% processed).

However on my partner's immi account, it states "estimated processing time 23 months to 35 months".

Am I missing something here?

I have been reading these forums since we applied for the 820 in 2016, and at the very least it is always comforting to know that we are not alone. It is a long time to have life on hold and to be waiting on a decision, for everyone here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi folks. Current timeline for us:

May 2016 820 Applied
Aug 2017 820 Granted
Aug 2018 801 Applied

(country of origin of my husband is a low risk country)

status now showing "This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required."

...now we wait and wait! At least we got good advice from our mortgage broker and already got the mortgage. We were going to originally wait until the 801 was granted.

·
Registered
127 Posts

May 2016 820 Applied
Aug 2017 820 Granted
Aug 2018 801 Applied

status now showing "This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required."

...now we wait and wait! At least we got good advice from our mortgage broker and already got the mortgage. We were going to originally wait until the 801 was granted.
We are in the same position! We have our mortgage rejected because of my visa but my broker tried again with different bank and now we have an approval! It's crazy we kinda have to put our lives on hold because of the visa but I guess it is what it is.

Applied 820 - Aug 2016
Granted 820 - Mar 2017
Applied 801 - Aug 2018

·
Registered
18 Posts

May 2016 820 Applied
Aug 2017 820 Granted
Aug 2018 801 Applied

We are in the same position! We have our mortgage rejected because of my visa but my broker tried again with different bank and now we have an approval! It's crazy we kinda have to put our lives on hold because of the visa but I guess it is what it is.

Applied 820 - Aug 2016
Granted 820 - Mar 2017
Applied 801 - Aug 2018
Oh that's great you too got a mortgage with the right advice! And cool that we're on the same time line - I'll keep you posted 🙂

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi everyone,

Will like to know if anyone current application status is still on RECEIVED after 5 months of submitting the application.

Cheers:confused:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi everyone,

Will like to know if anyone current application status is still on RECEIVED after 5 months of submitting the application.

Cheers:confused:
Please don't take my words for it but I have heard that the status are not an accurate of indication of where your application is at.

Some people's status stayed RECEIVED until they got granted. A friend of mine has FURTHER ASSESSMENT for over 8 months and haven't been granted. So really I don't know what the deal is with the status. I've got further assessment literally the second I submitted so it might be automatic.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does anyone has this message?? I am waiting already 10 months on 801 and they still didn't decide do I have to do medical??

Required examinations not yet determined

The health examinations required for this person have not yet been determined. If health examinations are required, a link containing the details will be displayed when the person returns to this page.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone has this message?? I am waiting already 10 months on 801 and they still didn't decide do I have to do medical??

Required examinations not yet determined

The health examinations required for this person have not yet been determined. If health examinations are required, a link containing the details will be displayed when the person returns to this page.
Yeah same on ours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my 801 was granted yesterday-20/08/2018. waited since 27/11/2017, but I submitted my 801 application on 21 March 2018, so only a short wait. I used an agent for advice, but I submitted and uploaded all the documents.

any questions pls PM me. I don't always check the forum.

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
my 801 was granted yesterday-20/08/2018. waited since 27/11/2017, but I submitted my 801 application on 21 March 2018, so only a short wait. I used an agent for advice, but I submitted and uploaded all the documents.

any questions pls PM me. I don't always check the forum.
That's reassuring for us. Only 9 months from eligibility date.

It's a better figure than the 75% done in under 16 months, which scares people into thinking it can be 16 to 23 months.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am very confused about what is happening with my visa. I have been waiting for quite a bit for my stage 2 processing. the wait time on the immiaccount went from 16-23 months to 20-26 months over night. I have been updating my documents at regular intervals. I have not heard from the department at all. I know the wait times are long but at the moment I am panicking and nervous because I dont know what to do. Any tips?

820/801 applied: March 2015
820 granted: August 2016
801 eligibility: March 2017
801 applied: July 17

Thanks,
Shruti

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I've read that immigration have been receiving a lot more applications in the last year or so, many of them incomplete or needing more security checks.

This can slow down the entire process for some.

This causes the longer average processing times recently.

75% of the June 801 grants took under 16 months.
You are at 17 months so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've read that immigration have been receiving a lot more applications in the last year or so, many of them incomplete or needing more security checks.

Thanks for the reply. I was aware of that. I am just surprised that it went from 16-23 to 20-26. I called the department a couple of times and they said that no contact from the department is a good sign and that it will come anyday. I have to go overseas may next year but now I am concerned that it might impact the processing time. I hope it comes sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I was aware of that. I am just surprised that it went from 16-23 to 20-26. I called the department a couple of times and they said that no contact from the department is a good sign and that it will come anyday. I have to go overseas may next year but now I am concerned that it might impact the processing time. I hope it comes sooner rather than later.
What's your status in IMMI account?

2021 - 2040 of 5666 Posts