Australia Forum banner

2241 - 2260 of 5666 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just a quick question please .
I have partner visa 801 in process and it's being looked at as we speak. We are very hopeful it's going to get granted. But just in case if doesn't what Visa would I go on then ? As I will be overseas at the time of decision?
What are my other options?
Currently on 820 since November 2016.
Thanks in advance.
Jennifer
You wouldn't be on any visa and if you overseas you won't be able to come back to Australia without applying for a new one.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
A technical question:
My bachelor degree is an overseas degree, and I got my master degree in Australia.
I am aware that assessment of the overseas degree is not a requirement for Partner visa. What about for job? Is it illegal to work while the degree is not assessed?
It depends on the work that you're doing. For instance, I'm a teacher, so I had to have my credentials assessed before I could teach. But it has nothing to do with the Partner Visa, nor affects your right to work if you have working rights.

Reactions: appguy

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Like I said before the 801 can't be processed without the 820 being GRANTED thats is why I didn't mention it before, it was obvious for me and yes I did edit my post.
And some people aren't always aware of that. So a post like that can be confusing for other readers that have been waiting beyond 801 eligibility and have yet to receive an 820, hence why I asked for the clarification.

I don't see a purpose in posting a timeline if you withhold info from it. For that, you didn't even need to tell us when you applied for the 820/801 since obviously it's two years prior to your eligibility date.

·
Registered
48 Posts
And some people aren't always aware of that. So a post like that can be confusing for other readers that have been waiting beyond 801 eligibility and have yet to receive an 820, hence why I asked for the clarification.

I don't see a purpose in posting a timeline if you withhold info from it. For that, you didn't even need to tell us when you applied for the 820/801 since obviously it's two years prior to your eligibility date.
I understand the confusion and I corrected my post! Are you still waiting for 801 or what was your situation?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi
LadyRogueRayne

I have given 28 days to submit the documents. I am hoping they will open the file as soon as 28 days period is finish just to check whether i have provided the docs or not.

I'm not sure.
I am in that situation at the moment.. case officer requested for additional document, I uploaded it 3 days later, its been 3 months and still waiting. I have called and email with no reasonable response. It's stressful.

I schedule to ring on Tuesday and as well email them again due to public holiday today

·
Registered
6 Posts
A quick hello and query 🙂

Hello everyone! I am usually a quiet member and not ever posted before, I usually just read through all the comments which are fantastic for answering all my questions!
I applied for the second stage of my visa back in March, and then got an email on the 11th September asking to upload my AFP check. I just went onto my IMMI account and my status is ‘further investigation required’ is this the right status I’m hoping for everything to be ok? I cannot even remember for the life of me the status before I was asked... maybe processing?!
Any reply would be greatly appreciated, I know I have to wait, but to me ‘further investigation’ may be a bad thing?!

Anna x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why thank you kind poster 😉 I am totally not getting any hopes up, and trying to keep the ‘relaxed mentality’ it is hard though! I’m hoping to join the Australian police force when it does eventually come through 🤞🏼

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have recently been reading in this forum that Immi Department have been sending emails a month in advance to those who are eligible to apply for 801. I am eligible to apply at the end of this month but have not received an email yet. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I have recently been reading in this forum that Immi Department have been sending emails a month in advance to those who are eligible to apply for 801. I am eligible to apply at the end of this month but have not received an email yet. Should I be concerned?
Not really. There's nothing special in it. It's simply a reminder to get it done.

Check your immi account messages for the application. My notice went there as well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not really. There's nothing special in it. It's simply a reminder to get it done.

Check your immi account messages for the application. My notice went there as well.
Thank you for your answer Skybluebrewer. I just checked my immi account messages and there is nothing there. I will just wait until the day I am eligible to apply :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been a long time lurker on this forum and hope everyone can get some comfort from my post. My 801 visa was granted today out of the blue.

My timeline is:
Applied 820 - 29/02/2016
Granted 820 - 06/02/2017
Applied 801 - 24/02/2018 (not quiet the 2 years, got impatient!)
Granted - 03/10/2018

No contact from immigration other than receiving the two grant notifications.

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been a long time lurker on this forum and hope everyone can get some comfort from my post. My 801 visa was granted today out of the blue.

My timeline is:
Applied 820 - 29/02/2016
Granted 820 - 06/02/2017
Granted - 03/10/2018

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations to start with that is a great news knowing that Con59 and me have been waiting for 22 months and applied a year before you! Could you tell us a bit more about you? Length of relation, kids? They take all of that in account...

·
Registered
127 Posts

My timeline is:
Applied 820 - 29/02/2016
Granted 820 - 06/02/2017
Granted - 03/10/2018

Good luck everyone!
Congrats!!
Did you keep uploading your evidence as you go?
If you could share a list of your documents it would be much appreciated.

Thanks and enjoy your life in AUS!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congratulations! I am glad for any visa you have taken and announced here. A new and better start for you now in this wonderful country Australia😀😎

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone, I received an email from immi that I can start applying for801 visa.
I am having a hard time answering one of the questions in the application. Question is : “give details of the development of the relationship from the date the applicant was granted the temporary visa “
Please I need any idea how to answer this question. It’s seems everything they need to know is already written down in my statutory declaration ( 4 aspects of relationship) . Any idea pls .
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi everyone, I received an email from immi that I can start applying for801 visa.
I am having a hard time answering one of the questions in the application. Question is : "give details of the development of the relationship from the date the applicant was granted the temporary visa "
Please I need any idea how to answer this question. It's seems everything they need to know is already written down in my statutory declaration ( 4 aspects of relationship) . Any idea pls .
Thanks in advance
Hi Julia, It is very similar but they want to know how the relation is developing since the started of the 820 application. How is the relation evolving: Any plan for kids, buying a house, holidays... Things like that! Hope this is helping you and I'm sure a lot of people here can help as well! Good luck. Martin.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Pathway to 820/801: Student Visa->820/801 OR Student Visa->485->820/801

Hello everyone - first off apologies to bring this to the waiting room - my initial thread didn't get any responses so hoping for a little more visibility here - and I really value your input - particularly folks who have spent time on the 820 and may be able to corroborate / dispel some of our assumptions below.

Please feel free to PM me / reply directly over here if you don't want to clutter the waiting room: https://www.australiaforum.com/visa...-visa-820-801-student-visa-485-820-801-a.html

This forum has been a great resource as my partner and I do some pre-reading and prepare to lay the groundwork to live and work in Australia permanently.

We have two main pathways ahead of us that we can see, and would really value any and all thoughts / any other pathways we might have missed!

Context:

-PrettyIsotonic is the potential sponsor and onshore.
-Current visa is a 485 (post-study stream) - expiring mid-March 2019.
-Awaiting decision for 190 (state sponsored) - lodged on 21 August 2018. Bridging Visa A inactive. Expected final decision (permanent residency grant) between December 2018 and June 2019 based on DHA global processing times.
-Came to Australia in February 2015 on a student visa that expired (was replaced by the 485) in March 2017.

-Applicant came to Australia in August 2017 on a student visa that is due to expire in March 2020 (expected graduation December 2019).

My partner and I met in January 2018, and our relationship has gradually deepened over the past few months.

We are moving in with each other early October 2018 (both names on lease), and have a joint bank account to which we make regular deposits.

We have ad-hoc evidence we are gathering to fulfill the various criteria of a genuine and ongoing relationship. We intend to slowly develop this body of evidence over the coming weeks / months.

As soon as a decision is made on my 190 visa which will grant me (the sponsor) permanent residency, we also intend to register our relationship.

Pathway 1

-Cohabitation begins early October 2018.
-Relationship registered between December 2018 and June 2019 (after potential sponsors 190 visa decision for permanent residency is finalised).
-Applicant graduates in 2019 (student visa expires March 2020).
-Applicant applies for a 485 visa which would expire around March 2022.
-We apply for a 820/801 visa immediately after 485 visa grant for applicant.

Thoughts we have here:
-Predictable/guaranteed work rights and ability to travel freely till at least March 2022.
-Potential PR for applicant only in 2024 (2+2 years from 485 grant in early 2020).
-Risk of changes to 485 visa (e.g. currently only those who applied for a student visa on or after 5 November 2011 are eligible - what about future changes?).

Pathway 2

-Cohabitation begins early October 2018.
-Relationship registered between December 2018 and June 2019 (after potential sponsors 190 visa decision for permanent residency is finalised).
-We apply for a 820/801 visa immediately after potential sponsor gets permanent residency via 190 visa.

Thoughts we have here:
-Unsure of student visa to 820/801 visa process and transition; don't want to jeopardise degree attainment. We understand 820 has full working and study rights though.
-Likelihood of Bridging Visa A becoming active for applicant after graduation is high given 820 processing times; potentially harder to enter the job market.
-Potential PR for applicant earlier: e.g. by 2022 (2+2 years from grant of 190 visa for permanent residency for sponsor).

--

Thanks for reading team :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations to start with that is a great news knowing that Con59 and me have been waiting for 22 months and applied a year before you! Could you tell us a bit more about you? Length of relation, kids? They take all of that in account...
22 months, wow! Hopefully the wait will soon be over.

We have been together 4.5 years, I am from the UK so I guess low risk. 11 months ago we had a baby, so at the time of applying for 801 I included that in our evidence. I am sure it helped. I did the application myself after reading all the material and decided I would give it a shot rather than using a migration agent. Applied online and never spoke to anyone during the process, just received the visa via an email notification.

2241 - 2260 of 5666 Posts