Australia Forum banner

2261 - 2280 of 5666 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats!!
Did you keep uploading your evidence as you go?
If you could share a list of your documents it would be much appreciated.

Thanks and enjoy your life in AUS!!
I applied for 820 and submitted all the evidence within a week of applying except I did the medical and police check a little later but within a few months. I did not upload any additional evidence after that.

Having gone through the pain of getting the 820 evidence together I ensured I collected everything ready for 801 application. I was ready to submit everything a few weeks before you are supposed to but decided that I would go ahead anyway, so I uploaded all evidence at the same time with the exception of a police check. I then decided I would get the police check done (even though I don't know if you need it) and uploaded that about 4 months later.

My evidence included (majority with both names clearly stated):
- House purchase
- Gas, Elec, Water, Council Tax bills
- Joint bank account statements
- Photos of us together/with friends/with baby
- Super Fund beneficiary
- Travel documents (i.e. flights back to the UK to visit family and friends)
- Car and house insurance docs
- Our baby documentation (passport, birth certificate)
- Family health insurance
- Some large purchases that we had made (Kitchen, car, TV etc.)
- Friends wedding invitations and thank you cards
- 2 x 888 forms for both the 820 and 801 application using the same 2 people
- Event tickets that we had been to together (gig tickets, sporting events etc.)

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
22 months, wow! Hopefully the wait will soon be over.

We have been together 4.5 years, I am from the UK so I guess low risk. 11 months ago we had a baby, so at the time of applying for 801 I included that in our evidence. I am sure it helped. I did the application myself after reading all the material and decided I would give it a shot rather than using a migration agent. Applied online and never spoke to anyone during the process, just received the visa via an email notification.
Thanks I hope so... Effectively having the baby would have help a lot. Enjoy your residency!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does anyone know if I have to update immigration about my baby's passport details after having the 801 granted?

Here is my timeline:

Feb 2016: applied for 820
Jan 2017: granted 820
Feb 2018: submitted evidence for 801 (incl. AFP check)
April 2018: uploaded extra evidence (photos of my mum visiting australia and ultrasound documents and pictures for our then unborn baby)
August 2018: uploaded extra evidence (baby birth certificate and other relevant baby docs)
September 2018: applied for and received baby's Australian passport
October 5th 2018: 801 granted (what a surprise!! and no contact from immigration)

How do i go around updating immigration about my baby's passport? Do i have to? If so, can i still use the "update us" section or whatever it's called in my 801 application online even if my visa is granted? Is my baby even part of my application as a dependent child even if he wasnt born when i originally applied? I will try to contact immigration on Monday but any help from you guys is much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
Does anyone know if I have to update immigration about my baby's passport details after having the 801 granted?

Here is my timeline:

Feb 2016: applied for 820
Jan 2017: granted 820
Feb 2018: submitted evidence for 801 (incl. AFP check)
April 2018: uploaded extra evidence (photos of my mum visiting australia and ultrasound documents and pictures for our then unborn baby)
August 2018: uploaded extra evidence (baby birth certificate and other relevant baby docs)
September 2018: applied for and received baby's Australian passport
October 5th 2018: 801 granted (what a surprise!! and no contact from immigration)

How do i go around updating immigration about my baby's passport? Do i have to? If so, can i still use the "update us" section or whatever it's called in my 801 application online even if my visa is granted? Is my baby even part of my application as a dependent child even if he wasnt born when i originally applied? I will try to contact immigration on Monday but any help from you guys is much appreciated!
An Australian Citizen, can't be granted a visa, so there is no need to inform anyone of your baby and his new passport.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Multiple pathways

Thoughts we have here:
-Unsure of student visa to 820/801 visa process and transition; don't want to jeopardise degree attainment. We understand 820 has full working and study rights though.
-Likelihood of Bridging Visa A becoming active for applicant after graduation is high given 820 processing times; potentially harder to enter the job market.
-Potential PR for applicant earlier: e.g. by 2022 (2+2 years from grant of 190 visa for permanent residency for sponsor).
My apology PrettyIsotonic, but I could not find any question in your post. So I guess the section that says "Thoughts we have here" is the question part. If I am mistaken, please feel free to correct me.

Reading your story, reminded me my own story and struggles we had to evaluate and come up with the best decision. I had three pathways: 1. Partner 2.Skilled 3. State Sponsor.
Unfortunately, we chose partner as the immigration website mislead us. If we could go back on time, we would undo it. We are great partners and we love each other. It is just the nature of the visa that causes us uncertainty, missing career and financial opportunities, and the stress it brought with itself.

The transition of student visa to 820 is pretty straight forward. I had a student visa when we applied for 820/801.
The student visa stays valid until its expiration date. If decision is made by then, 820 will be granted and student visa will be cancelled. Otherwise, a bridging visa will be issued and it carries all the rights and conditions of the last visa your partner holds. In either cases, the only thing your partner needs to do is to update the university and things stays the same. His insurance is another thing to consider, since he/she has overseas student insurance. You must apply for medicare instead.

Absolutely. Bridging visa is the worse visa one can have (including me) to join workforce. Even with the work experience and qualifications I have from the past, getting a full time job in the professional field was a big challenge. As one HR told me "the visa is highly risky and the HR job is to reduce risk". I got rejected by many just because of the bridging visa. Still with 820 many hiring agents ask "When will you get your PR" and they reject me on the answer. In addition to that, my partner and I got rejected by banks for joint home loan even I hold 820; worse, when my partner applied for single home loan after the rejections, bank reduced the loan amount dramatically just because of I exist as a partner.

If your partner is lucky, then he/she may get the PR earlier than 2+2. But there are many cases that pass way beyond 2+2. Unfortunately, partner visa is a battle field of politicians at the moment and things can go bad at any time.

Please don't think I am negative about it, but looking at your situation, I think you have better options to consider. For example, looking at visa 190, I am sure you are aware that you can include your partner in the application, and he/she can have the same right once you get your PR (he/she gets the PR as well). Or if your partner qualification is in SOL, skilled immigration may help him to get his PR even faster. Or state sponsor, etc. I think you better consult with an immigration agent (better, multiple agents) to choose the best pathway that gets you PR faster than 2+2.

Good luck

Reactions: PrettyIsotonic

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello I am new here

I just want everyone to know my situation

I applied 820/801 with agent: 17 Feb 2016
Granted 820: 04 Aug 2016
Applied my 2 daughters Temporary 445 Visa with agent: 18 September 2017
1st daughter Temporary 445 Visa Granted: 13 October 2017
2nd daughter Temporary 445 Visa Granted: 25 October 2017
2 daughters arrived Australia: 19 November 2017
Applied 801 without agent: 01 Feb 2018
801 decision: Still waiting

I have a situation about my 2 daughters temporary 445 visa I didn't know that I have to lodge a form 1002 for their PR once they arrive Australia until I read it last night on here.

I am sending the 1002 forms to the Depertment of Immigration where they process our partner visas here in Australia tomorrow at the post office I hope I don't get decision on my 801 before my kids PR. I am worried now.

Anyone here that has or had the same situation as mine?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hello I am new here

I just want everyone to know my situation

I applied 820/801 with agent: 17 Feb 2016
Granted 820: 16 Aug 2016
Applied my 2 daughters Temporary 445 Visa with agent: 18 September 2017
1st daughter Temporary 445 Visa Granted: 13 October 2017
2nd daughter Temporary 445 Visa Granted: 25 October 2017
2 daughters arrived Australia: 19 November 2017
Applied 801 without agent: 01 Feb 2018
801 decision: Still waiting

I have a situation about my 2 daughters temporary 445 visa I didn't know that I have to lodge a form 1002 for their PR once they arrive Australia until I read it last night on here.

I am sending the 1002 forms to the Depertment of Immigration where they process our partner visas here in Australia tomorrow at the post office I hope I don't get decision on my 801 before my kids PR. I am worried now.

Anyone here that has or had the same situation as mine?
Did you do your 801 online or by post? If online, upload it to your immi accpunt as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone.
I sent my 801 application by post March 2017. I am waiting now for 19 months.

I do not know what is happening now on my application as I cannot send updates or see the status of my application coz I don't have immi account.

Is it ok to call them or it is just waste of time? Email them?

I wanna know if I'm in a queue or they already look at my application. We are planning to visit my country next year.

What do you suggest?

Thanks for your help in advance 🙂

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi everyone.
I sent my 801 application by post March 2017. I am waiting now for 19 months.

I do not know what is happening now on my application as I cannot send updates or see the status of my application coz I don't have immi account.

Is it ok to call them or it is just waste of time? Email them?

I wanna know if I'm in a queue or they already look at my application. We are planning to visit my country next year.

What do you suggest?

Thanks for your help in advance 🙂
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/abou...ner-permanent-processing-centres-enquiry-form

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone,
My name is Alex . I am from United States.
Partner Application dates:
820 Apply: July 11, 2016
820 Granted: May 25th, 2017
801 Apply: July 11, 2018
Question: Am I supposed to send more information at this time? It says the processing time is 18-25 months. is it gonna take another 18-25 months

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello everyone,
Question: Am I supposed to send more information at this time? It says the processing time is 18-25 months. is it gonna take another 18-25 months
Hey Alex,

It means 75% of all application will be processed within 18 months and 90% will be processed within 25 months.

Your waiting time can fall into any time frame from a couple months to over 25 months. Some get the grant faster than others but don't ask me what are the criteria they use to determine who get the grants and when. I have no idea because I have seen people get finalised around 6-8 months while some in this forum have been waiting for over 20 months.

I think the best thing you can do is to provide as sufficient evidence as you can and hope for the best.

If you are using Immiaccount you can supply more evidence as you go.

V.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi everyone!

I was granted my permanent residency today and I am SOOO excited!! I applied for PR in March so I am a bit shocked to receive it so soon. I honestly wasn't expecting to be granted for another year.

This forum has been so helpful through all the years of applying and gathering paperwork. Wishing everyone still waiting a speedy approval time

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello everyone,
Hi Alex, Like V said It depend a lot of things and every application is different. It depend the length of the relation, if you have kids or not, house together and much more.... Myself, I've been waiting 22 months now as you can see on my signature... So keep uploading and hope for the best! Regards.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi everyone!

I was granted my permanent residency today and I am SOOO excited!! I applied for PR in March so I am a bit shocked to receive it so soon. I honestly wasn't expecting to be granted for another year.

This forum has been so helpful through all the years of applying and gathering paperwork. Wishing everyone still waiting a speedy approval time
Congratulations!!! I've been waiting 22 months and still nothing... :( Could you let us know a bit more about your situation: Kids, length of the relation...

Thanks

2261 - 2280 of 5666 Posts