Australia Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 5683 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
801 application/further evidence submitted today! Now the waiting game begins but I'm taking hope from some of you here that have had shorter than average wait times! Best of luck to everyone out there still waiting :)

Reactions: irishzil and khart

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Wish I could celebrate im on an ambulance for 12 hours tonight lol.

My agent sent an email telling them it's a clear cut case on Monday after uploading a couple of extra 888's, they granted it today. No contact, no requests.
This. I used this form to say basically the same thing and got my 801 grant the next day. Supplied all documents as per the checklist from the permanent partner calculator and no contact besides grant. Status was received when I did it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations!!! I've been waiting 22 months and still nothing... :( Could you let us know a bit more about your situation: Kids, length of the relation...

Thanks
22 months? :( I wonder why approvals are so sporadic and aren't in order. Hopefully yours comes through any day now!

Partner and I have been together 6 years, no kids, got engaged last year, own a house together.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Ok, so I was looking through my 801 application and saw that I mistakenly put my son's employment Jun 2017 instead of Jun 2018. Is this something I would use a form to correct? I put the incorrect date in two spots, so will need to correct that, as he wasn't at Uni or working at his current job until 2018.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Ok, so I was looking through my 801 application and saw that I mistakenly put my son's employment Jun 2017 instead of Jun 2018. Is this something I would use a form to correct? I put the incorrect date in two spots, so will need to correct that, as he wasn't at Uni or working at his current job until 2018.
I would. I think there's an online form you can use in immi.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So today I had my first communication with the department of home affairs.. I almost NEVER answer private numbers but my gut told me too.. Damn near wet myself with excitement..
Applied in July 2017 and today was the first contact we've had in 15 months.

At this stage, its just a request for my police checks as a sponsor, nothing further required for my husband just yet.

We had planned to get his FBI checks, AFP and medical done but haven't had an official request for it yet..

I wonder if this is the start of something huge.

I would love to say this is a coincidence, but we applied for our second BVB so he could travel home to the states in 10 days time, so I feel that pushed our name up some kind of list.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Apologies if this is a silly question - but anyone able to point me towards the distinction between high risk / low risk countries? (I found some stuff online regarding TB and medical examinations but I'm not sure).

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Apologies if this is a silly question - but anyone able to point me towards the distinction between high risk / low risk countries? (I found some stuff online regarding TB and medical examinations but I'm not sure).
I always thought it was low risk = ETA eligible countries and high risk = non-ETA eligible countries. That being said, last I saw the term on the immigration website was before global processing times were rolled out. They used to have wait times for each visa based on low or high risk countries with low risk being lower wait times.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
In 2015 the immigration department appeared to have had this:
  • Low risk applies to nationals from countries which issue ETA eligible passports.
  • High risk countries are those which are not ETA eligible.

I am not sure how relevant it is, as I have seen high risk countries (Philippines) getting visas faster then low risk countries (UK) at times.

You mention TB and medical, and I would assume they have a different definition for medical risk areas, based on the medical risks in that country, and in other countries you have visited.

I just saw this on a government website:
an incidence of above 40 tuberculosis cases per 100 000 people to be a high risk or high burden country.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I always thought it was low risk = ETA eligible countries and high risk = non-ETA eligible countries. That being said, last I saw the term on the immigration website was before global processing times were rolled out. They used to have wait times for each visa based on low or high risk countries with low risk being lower wait times.
In 2015 the immigration department appeared to have had this:
  • Low risk applies to nationals from countries which issue ETA eligible passports.
  • High risk countries are those which are not ETA eligible.

I am not sure how relevant it is, as I have seen high risk countries (Philippines) getting visas faster then low risk countries (UK) at times.

You mention TB and medical, and I would assume they have a different definition for medical risk areas, based on the medical risks in that country, and in other countries you have visited.

I just saw this on a government website:
an incidence of above 40 tuberculosis cases per 100 000 people to be a high risk or high burden country.
Cheers thanks you two, wasn't privy to the 2015 info :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Are you awaiting an 820? Sorry was a bit confused.

So today I had my first communication with the department of home affairs.. I almost NEVER answer private numbers but my gut told me too.. Damn near wet myself with excitement..
Applied in July 2017 and today was the first contact we've had in 15 months.

At this stage, its just a request for my police checks as a sponsor, nothing further required for my husband just yet.

We had planned to get his FBI checks, AFP and medical done but haven't had an official request for it yet..

I wonder if this is the start of something huge.

I would love to say this is a coincidence, but we applied for our second BVB so he could travel home to the states in 10 days time, so I feel that pushed our name up some kind of list.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Help

I was contacted by department of immigration on 4th sep to submit
AFP for my husband(sponsor) and continued relationship proof and requested another medical. All done and submitted before 28 days.

Now today got an email asking for updated personal perticular form 80.

I’m not sure what to expect next.. any help will be appreciated.
TIA

·
Registered
345 Posts
Help

I was contacted by department of immigration on 4th sep to submit
AFP for my husband(sponsor) and continued relationship proof and requested another medical. All done and submitted before 28 days.

Now today got an email asking for updated personal perticular form 80.

I'm not sure what to expect next.. any help will be appreciated.
TIA
All you can do is follow their instructions and requests.
Upload the new form 80, try not to stress and think positive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, is this for the second stage of your visa?
When you did submit?
Can I ask which section of the form they asked you for?
We are also at this stage, our case officer asked us back in September for my police check which I have now uploaded it, but nothing about sponsors police check or any forms - I have my fingers crossed for you!

Anna 🙂

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all, can someone pls help me . I am filling in application for partner visa (801). In the part of Supporting Witness Details there is a question “relationship to the applicant” what should I write down ? I am the applicant and my supporting witnesses are my partner’s mum and brother . I’m so confused. Please help me . Thank you

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi all, can someone pls help me . I am filling in application for partner visa (801). In the part of Supporting Witness Details there is a question "relationship to the applicant" what should I write down ? I am the applicant and my supporting witnesses are my partner's mum and brother . I'm so confused. Please help me . Thank you
If I weren't married, I would probably just put "partner's (sponsor) mother/brother". I don't know about the in-law thing you asked earlier when de facto. Sorry!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

We applied for the 820/801 my wife (then-partner) on 9 June 2015 when I was a PR (now citizen), through a migration agent. She was granted the 820 on 12 December 2016. We subsequently lodged the 801 on 13 July 2017 and it has been 17 months since date of eligibility for the 801. Realistically can we expect it to arrive any time now, given the timeframe provided by DIBP? We have not been asked to provide any additional documents.

Understand that it has been discussed a few times on this forum, but can I confirm if DIBP has a practice of discriminating on the basis of country of origin in place when processing partner visa applications, which can affect their processing time? For this purpose, my wife is Vietnamese and I hold dual Australian-Vietnamese citizenships.

What other factors in respect of the applicant/sponsor can also affect visa processing time? Further note that my wife is employed full-time by an established, well-known boutique accounting practice and completed both her undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications in Australia. As for myself, I am working for one of the Big 4 consulting firms.

Therefore, on top of our genuine relationship and apart from our country of origin, overall I can say our profiles are pretty 'low-risk', but not sure how the Department will view our application from their perspective.

Any feedback/comments will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi everyone,

We applied for the 820/801 my wife (then-partner) on 9 June 2015 when I was a PR (now citizen), through a migration agent. She was granted the 820 on 12 December 2016. We subsequently lodged the 801 on 13 July 2017 and it has been 17 months since date of eligibility for the 801. Realistically can we expect it to arrive any time now, given the timeframe provided by DIBP? We have not been asked to provide any additional documents.

Understand that it has been discussed a few times on this forum, but can I confirm if DIBP has a practice of discriminating on the basis of country of origin in place when processing partner visa applications, which can affect their processing time? For this purpose, my wife is Vietnamese and I hold dual Australian-Vietnamese citizenships.

What other factors in respect of the applicant/sponsor can also affect visa processing time? Further note that my wife is employed full-time by an established, well-known boutique accounting practice and completed both her undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications in Australia. As for myself, I am working for one of the Big 4 consulting firms.

Therefore, on top of our genuine relationship and apart from our country of origin, overall I can say our profiles are pretty 'low-risk', but not sure how the Department will view our application from their perspective.

Any feedback/comments will be much appreciated.
My thoughts are that I've seen people from low risk countries wait just as long or longer.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/abou...ner-permanent-processing-centres-enquiry-form

2281 - 2300 of 5683 Posts