Australia Forum banner

2581 - 2600 of 5784 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
They def changed the website drastically :)

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,582 ·
Aha! Thanks for replying so fast. I wasn't sure if it was the earlier date, or now. What's the process after we submit all those documents? And is it just me, or did they change the website drastically since last year?
You wait and eventually you get either an email with their decision or a request for further information.

The website has been changed alot and it is awful! Their IT person needs to be sacked! There is so much stuff that you can't find anymore ☹

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Aha! Thanks for replying so fast. I wasn't sure if it was the earlier date, or now. What's the process after we submit all those documents? And is it just me, or did they change the website drastically since last year?
They've only done it recently, in the last week or so.

They are making attempts at putting more information out there. There's a popup about feedback so if you don't like something or think something is too difficult to find, give them some feedback about it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Since I didn't have many (if any) categories appear for uploading 801 documents, I have uploaded my passport under Travel Documents. Should that be ok?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Since I didn't have many (if any) categories appear for uploading 801 documents, I have uploaded my passport under Travel Documents. Should that be ok?
It doesn't matter where you put stuff as long as you title it clearly. There are a lack of categories, as has been mentioned in previous posts. Most of us have put things that don't fit somewhere under "other" but I am sure IMMI is aware of the issue and takes that into consideration and knows that it could be anywhere. :) Just put them where you best think they fit and if they don't have anywhere to go "other" is what I would recommend.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I applied for my 820/801 on 7th April 2018, and just last Thursday 15th November 2018 did I have my 820 accepted. Over the moon obviously, but now I am unclear of what I have to do.
I am aware that it will be 2 years from application date before i am considered for the 801, but do I have to submit anything else when the time comes? Or will they just contact me when they look at my visa again- April 2020- and tell me if I need to do anything?
TIA.
Amy.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,587 ·
I applied for my 820/801 on 7th April 2018, and just last Thursday 15th November 2018 did I have my 820 accepted. Over the moon obviously, but now I am unclear of what I have to do.
I am aware that it will be 2 years from application date before i am considered for the 801, but do I have to submit anything else when the time comes? Or will they just contact me when they look at my visa again- April 2020- and tell me if I need to do anything?
TIA.
Amy.
At the moment they are sending out emails to remind people lodge the application and supporting documents. However, it is always good to remember when you have to do it incase they change how they do things (for a time they stopped sending the emails).

In the immiaccount you will submit an application for partner visa - stage 2 where you will add all your paperwork. After you submit the paperwork then it may take 12 months or even 18 months to hear something about it - who knows what the processing times will be then.

In the mean time just keep collecting your evidence since the grant of the 820 to have ready for your 801 when the time comes.

Congrats on your 820 grant!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for letting me know that! Do you happen to know what types of evidence I will require.. will it just be updated versions of what I already attached, pictures, messages, written statements etc.?
I am not too sure where to find info of what will be required. I like to plan ahead, sorry😁

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,589 ·
Thanks for letting me know that! Do you happen to know what types of evidence I will require.. will it just be updated versions of what I already attached, pictures, messages, written statements etc.?
I am not too sure where to find info of what will be required. I like to plan ahead, sorry😁
Evidence is the same as the 820 but since the grant of the 820. So you need evidence in all 4 categories - social, financial, household & nature of commitment.

Here is the link: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...a-listing/partner-onshore/permanent-801#HowTo (just expand on the "gather your documents" step and then select the "see how" under each part.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Be aware that many Visa applications are now being outsourced overseas to other Australian embassies in other countries. I was told that this is as a result of the high refugee and immigrant intake. My Visa took 2 years and was processed by some faceless person in Cairo Egypt. The visa was cancelled despite being told by the immigration agent in Sydney that our documentation was superb. I read between the lines and assume the application was rejected because I was getting the agent to put pressure on the people in Cairo. There was no feedback on progress at any time and no request for additional documentation. The other reason may have been someone called immigration and suggested I was paid a substantial sum of money by my wife to sponsor her visa. I was refused access to any documentation regarding the claim and under The Privacy act the name of the person making the akllegation cannot be revealed as I want to sue for defamation of character

·
Registered
63 Posts
Evolution of Processing time for 820 and 801 since March 2015 until now
------------------------
|_8 2 0_ |_8 0 1_|
------------------------
| 75 | 90 | 75 | 90 |
------------------------
| 06 | 08 | 06 | 08 | Mar 2015
------------------------
| 12 | 15 | 12 | 15 | Jul 2015
------------------------
| 12 | 18 | 12 | 18 | Feb 2017
------------------------
| 18 | 20 | 16 | 20 | Mar 2017
------------------------
| 17 | 20 | 15 | 20 | Apr 2017
------------------------
| 17 | 19 | 16 | 21 | Jun 2017
------------------------
| 18 | 21 | 18 | 22 | Jul 2017
------------------------
| 18 | 21 | 19 | 24 | Sep 2017
------------------------
| 19 | 22 | 16 | 22 | Sep 2017
------------------------
| 19 | 24 | 16 | 21 | Oct 2017
------------------------
| 20 | 25 | 16 | 22 | Dec 2017|
------------------------
| 20 | 25 | 15 | 22 | Dec 2017|
------------------------
| 20 | 25 | 15 | 21 | Jan 2018|
------------------------
| 20 | 24 | 18 | 23 | Feb 2018
------------------------
| 17 | 24 | 16 | 21 | Jun 2018
------------------------
| __ | __ | __ | 29 | Jul/Aug/Sep 2018 (Couldn't find these)
------------------------
| 21 | 26 | 18 | 24 | Oct 2018
------------------------

·
Registered
63 Posts
Be aware that many Visa applications are now being outsourced overseas to other Australian embassies in other countries. I was told that this is as a result of the high refugee and immigrant intake. My Visa took 2 years and was processed by some faceless person in Cairo Egypt. The visa was cancelled despite being told by the immigration agent in Sydney that our documentation was superb. I read between the lines and assume the application was rejected because I was getting the agent to put pressure on the people in Cairo. There was no feedback on progress at any time and no request for additional documentation. The other reason may have been someone called immigration and suggested I was paid a substantial sum of money by my wife to sponsor her visa. I was refused access to any documentation regarding the claim and under The Privacy act the name of the person making the akllegation cannot be revealed as I want to sue for defamation of character
Is it for Onshore 801?
I know that they outsource if application is made offshore and the applicant is from High Risk nation.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Is it for Onshore 801?
I know that they outsource if application is made offshore and the applicant is from High Risk nation.
My 820 was processed in Cairo. The CO requested additional documents after 6 months and the visa was finalized within 7 months. I was surprised as I was prepared to wait 16-22 months as per published processing time. I am from high risk country, that maybe why my application was sent there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think the officer still have to finalised your visa based on legislation and I don't think putting pressure on them would be the reason visa was rejected. Did they tell you someone reported you about the money paid by your wife? They would still have to investigate the fact though. I can't imagine they refused the visa just based on the claim. Did you provide the reason why your wife was giving you the money (if any)?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,596 ·
They need to make their decision within legislation and refuse on that basis.

I dealt with the embassy in Cairo when we lodged my husband's PMV and if I am honest I did pester them quite a bit about when it would be finalised (along with a few others too) & none of our visas were rejected.

The complaint could have been made anonymously. However, immigration would have investigated it. Immigration do have the powers to contact banks and obtain all your bank statements. Would the bank statements have revealed anything of concern to them?

Was this for the 820? I was of the understanding that only the first stage was being processed at some overseas posts.

·
Registered
801 Posts
They need to make their decision within legislation and refuse on that basis.

I dealt with the embassy in Cairo when we lodged my husband's PMV and if I am honest I did pester them quite a bit about when it would be finalised (along with a few others too) & none of our visas were rejected.

The complaint could have been made anonymously. However, immigration would have investigated it. Immigration do have the powers to contact banks and obtain all your bank statements. Would the bank statements have revealed anything of concern to them?

Was this for the 820? I was of the understanding that only the first stage was being processed at some overseas posts.
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...processing-times/global-visa-processing-times
For the 801 visa from 18-25 months new times😁😜🤪
For my Thai wife the 100 was processed by London

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm sorry I'm with bad news.And I got into 24 months of waiting.My boy is very sad, he wants to start a school here and we can't get exorbitant international taxes...🤨🤔

2581 - 2600 of 5784 Posts