Australia Forum banner

2681 - 2700 of 5819 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I Want to say Thank you to all of you guys for all of your useful information especially Mish
I got my 801 Granted not long ago
My time line is
June-2014: 820 Application
September- 2015 : 820 Granted
June- 2018 : 801 Granted
A call from Immigration around 30 mins
To those who still havent got it, just be patient, and good luck to you guys all
High Risk country

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its the best feeling when u get the immi 801 grant email everything will pay off in this email just hold on guys and wait and keep updating evidence when possible it looks like immigration has been calling applicants or sponsors before granting the permanent visa because they called my wife as well yesterday before i got my grant letter .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi guys,

Today we made an offer to buy a house . When we told them that I am on TR, the agent said they cannot add me in the contract since I am a foreigner. They suggested that we should go through FIRB that is a lengthy process by itself. By that time the house is off the market.
Any suggestion that how we can solve this issue?

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Hi guys,

Today we made an offer to buy a house . When we told them that I am on TR, the agent said they cannot add me in the contract since I am a foreigner. They suggested that we should go through FIRB that is a lengthy process by itself. By that time the house is off the market.
Tell the agent you are exempt from FIRB.

https://firb.gov.au/exemption-thresholds/exemptions/

Persons that meet certain criteria do not need foreign investment approval before purchasing residential real estate in Australia. This includes:
Foreign persons purchasing property as joint tenants with their Australian citizen spouse, New Zealand citizen spouse, or Australian permanent resident spouse.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi guys,

May I please ask which state is this property?

We bought a house in October and all went through fine. Only downside was we had to pay extra stamp duty as I am not a PR. This was in Tassie, in NSW they have exemption for 309/820 visa subclass.

I had to sign "Foreign Investor Acquisition Statement" but that was after the house was settled. I would recommend you to get a solicitor to help with buying process.

·
Registered
803 Posts
That's spot on.
However on the flip side there was a crack down by some banks on their lending criteria ( possibly to try and get ahead of the Royal commission). For example with the commonwealth bank when we got our loan if I was to put my wife on it then it would of had to of hombre through a committee for her approval. Even though she wasn't working and just a defendant.

Hi guys,

Tell the agent you are exempt from FIRB.

https://firb.gov.au/exemption-thresholds/exemptions/

Persons that meet certain criteria do not need foreign investment approval before purchasing residential real estate in Australia. This includes:
Foreign persons purchasing property as joint tenants with their Australian citizen spouse, New Zealand citizen spouse, or Australian permanent resident spouse.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks

That's spot on.
However on the flip side there was a crack down by some banks on their lending criteria ( possibly to try and get ahead of the Royal commission). For example with the commonwealth bank when we got our loan if I was to put my wife on it then it would of had to of hombre through a committee for her approval. Even though she wasn't working and just a defendant.
We are paying cash. we couldn't get a loan due to my visa situation. They already rejected us.

Thank you so much Aussie83. It was a great help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
May I please ask which state is this property?

We bought a house in October and all went through fine. Only downside was we had to pay extra stamp duty as I am not a PR. This was in Tassie, in NSW they have exemption for 309/820 visa subclass.

I had to sign "Foreign Investor Acquisition Statement" but that was after the house was settled. I would recommend you to get a solicitor to help with buying process.
V_NorthenBeaches, I am in QLD.
May I know how much you paid for Stamp duty?
I made a calculation, it seems I have to pay $23,000 for it apart from the amount my wife has to pay. Maybe I am wrong :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Want to say Thank you to all of you guys for all of your useful information especially Mish
I got my 801 Granted not long ago
My time line is
June-2014: 820 Application
September- 2015 : 820 Granted
June- 2018 : 801 Granted
A call from Immigration around 30 mins
To those who still havent got it, just be patient, and good luck to you guys all
High Risk country
Hi Buddy
I am on my 25th months of waiting for visa 801.. very frustrated!
Can you share abit about what documents you have submitted ?
Do you have to apply a new police check since 820 granted?
What type of questions from CO before granting visa?
Thank you

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congratulations

Hi everyone, I lodged a complaint one the DHA site on the 30th November and got granted the same day after 23 months of waiting! I don't know if it is a coincidence but I'm very happy!!!! Good luck to everyone else who has been waiting more than 20 months.
I was too busy and didn't check the forum for a long time. Just saw your post and I am very happy for you Martino. Congratulations.

Can you share what you wrote to them? (If you have already, disregard it. I am at the part you announced the grant.)

·
Registered
127 Posts
V_NorthenBeaches, I am in QLD.
May I know how much you paid for Stamp duty?
I made a calculation, it seems I have to pay $23,000 for it apart from the amount my wife has to pay. Maybe I am wrong :(
It is various in different states. In Tasmania we had to pay 3% of my share of the property on top of the normal stamp duty. I think in QLD is now 7%

Calculating AFAD
Additional foreign acquirer duty for transfer duty is based on the foreign acquirer's interest of the dutiable value of the AFAD residential land. The GST-inclusive purchase price is used when determining the dutiable value. The following rates apply:

3% where the transaction's liability for transfer duty arises between 1 October 2016 and 30 June 2018
7% where the transaction's liability for transfer duty arises on or after 1 July 2018.

From: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/ind...s/transfer-duty/investors/afad/assessing-afad

For example, if your house cost $400,000 your share is 50%, you will have to pay extra stamp duty of 14,000 (being 400,000 x 50% x 7%) - remember, this is ON TOP of normal stamp duty. In your case, if this house cost around 650k, 23,000 extra seems to be correct.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all Anyone has been waiting 801 longer than me. I am waiting for more than 27 months already since eligible date. I have updated my evidence very often. My lawyer has contacted immigration about my case 6 months ago, and the officer said no more requirement from my case. But I have still updated evidence 3 months ago and still waiting I do not know what should I do now Any advice would be highly appreciated Thanks

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi all Anyone has been waiting 801 longer than me. I am waiting for more than 27 months already since eligible date. I have updated my evidence very often. My lawyer has contacted immigration about my case 6 months ago, and the officer said no more requirement from my case. But I have still updated evidence 3 months ago and still waiting I do not know what should I do now Any advice would be highly appreciated Thanks
I would probably start in this order:

1. Partner (Permanent) Processing Centres Enquiry Form
2. Compliments, complaints and suggestions
3. Immigration - Commonwealth Ombudsman

You would want to include the TRN for the application or whatever details they can use to actually find your application. Keep in mind that Step 3 will not work unless you've already made attempts to contact immigration and waited for a reply. So best to start with 1 and 2 and document what you've said to them and when you sent it so that if immigration does not reply, you can take that information to the Ombudsman.

For others reading, Step 3 doesn't work if you're still within current Global Processing Times (i.e., doesn't matter what the wait times were when you applied or last month even. It's what they are now and how long you've been waiting now.)

Step 1 worked for me and I got the grant within 24 hours of contacting them. I was still within GPTs too.

Edit: I did not use an RMA. I am not sure what the procedures are for you doing this and not the RMA doing it so best to contact your agent and see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone!

Hoping you’ll be able to help.
My husband (UK) came to Aus on intent to marry visa.

May 2017 - Married
May 2017- 820/801 applied
December 2018 - 820 granted

Now, my question is. Do we need to physically apply for the next stage (801)? Or does it automatically happen and we now just wait for further contact?

I’ve just gotten confused reading on here people applying for 801 after the 2 years of applying for 820. I was under impression it’s all one and they will just check back up on us within 2 years now before they grant the PR 801.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would probably start in this order:

1. Partner (Permanent) Processing Centres Enquiry Form
2. Compliments, complaints and suggestions
3. Immigration - Commonwealth Ombudsman

You would want to include the TRN for the application or whatever details they can use to actually find your application. Keep in mind that Step 3 will not work unless you've already made attempts to contact immigration and waited for a reply. So best to start with 1 and 2 and document what you've said to them and when you sent it so that if immigration does not reply, you can take that information to the Ombudsman.

For others reading, Step 3 doesn't work if you're still within current Global Processing Times (i.e., doesn't matter what the wait times were when you applied or last month even. It's what they are now and how long you've been waiting now.)

Step 1 worked for me and I got the grant within 24 hours of contacting them. I was still within GPTs too.

Edit: I did not use an RMA. I am not sure what the procedures are for you doing this and not the RMA doing it so best to contact your agent and see.
Hi Skybluebrewer,
Thank you for your helpful information.
Im currently waiting 18 months already. Ill try to do step 1, hopefully i can get 801 soon.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi everyone!

Hoping you'll be able to help.
My husband (UK) came to Aus on intent to marry visa.

May 2017 - Married
May 2017- 820/801 applied
December 2018 - 820 granted

Now, my question is. Do we need to physically apply for the next stage (801)? Or does it automatically happen and we now just wait for further contact?

I've just gotten confused reading on here people applying for 801 after the 2 years of applying for 820. I was under impression it's all one and they will just check back up on us within 2 years now before they grant the PR 801.

Thanks
Yes, you need to do Stage 2. You're eligible exactly two years after the date of the 820/801 application (so May XX 2019).

1) You log back into immi.
2) Click on "New application" (although it's not an application but an assessment for PR. Again, the application was made in May 2017).
3) Click "Family"
4) Click "Stage 2 Assessment"

You then do that form, which is very similar to the one you did for the 300 and the 820/801.

You then get to the upload screen where you'll upload the same types of evidences as you did before but now since the grant of the 820.

Other things you need to supple are identity docs for you and sponsor, two new witness statements (F888s), any police checks you hadn't already supplied at the previous stage or for anywhere you've lived other than Australia since the grant of the 820 (so more than 90 days thing again), and a sponsor stat dec form.

See here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys,

Does anyone know that submit applications are from post will take longer to process than online applications? Some post cases that i know, took more than 20 months to grant 801. Im a bit worry.
Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi I applied for partner visa in 2013 and was granted first stage 820 in 2014.

Got my second stage visa 801 refused in 2016 and I applied for review within the time frame.

We were invited for a hearing in November 2017. We attended the AAT hearing and since then there is no reply from them. We emailed AAT soo many time but all the say is its still under process.

However my question is I don’t know why I was given a Bridging Visa E soon after they refused my 801 is there any way to change this because I want to travel to my country for 1 month.

Also if someone can shed some light on how AAT process works and why are they taking so much time when the hearing was done 1 year ago?

This has been a very stressful and mentally exhausting journey, they have no remorse whatsoever I pray they become humans again

2681 - 2700 of 5819 Posts