Australia Forum banner

3061 - 3080 of 5666 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
First time post: Hi guys. I'm just in the middle of my stage 2 application online but I'm experiencing some constraints in terms of form80. I currently have 18 pages with the file size of 11.7MB and the total allow Is 5MB. Does anyone know how to go about this? Should I attached each pages separately as a single file? Your advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Try website called smallpdf.com

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ok guys - I've uploaded a lot of document attachments since applying for the 801 a few weeks ago - I am just waiting on my partner to finish her document, as well as one other 888 form... As soon as I have these I'll upload them.

Also, I noticed that my status went from Initial Assessment to Further Assessment tonight, after I clicked the button at the bottom of the attachments page saying "I confirm I have provided information as requested"...Is this any indication of good news?

Here is a screenshot of all documents I've uploaded so far, and how I've presented it.
Can you suggest any other documents I should be uploading? It would be greatly appreciated. Should I do a form 80? I never did one for the 820...

Cheers

Good work, looks very neat :)

Now I feel more worried... My documents are definitely not enough :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can't seem to get the timeline thing right so will just write out what our situation is

Husband is from Tanzania - have been in a relationship for about 10 years - known each other for 22 years. Lived together in Tanzania for 12 months a couple of years before applying.

Applied for PMV in November 2014 - granted in June 2015
Married November 2015 in Australia
Applied 820 February 2016 - granted July 2016
Started online 801 application in July 2018 - not realising could have started in Feb!!
Dec 2018 - got email from Immi asking us to complete application (we were gathering info)
Jan 2019 - lodged 801 online - tried to make it as decision-ready as possible. Checked by visa agent prior to lodgement
February 7th - application status now as Further assessment

Our waiting times for both the PMV and the 820 were relatively short, so am hoping that we have the same kind of luck for the 801.

It is a very stressful process the 820/801 - the waiting and the uncertainty about the future. It is hard to make statements about the future when it is so up in the air!

Anyway just wanted to share

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
First time post: Hi guys. I'm just in the middle of my stage 2 application online but I'm experiencing some constraints in terms of form80. I currently have 18 pages with the file size of 11.7MB and the total allow Is 5MB. Does anyone know how to go about this? Should I attached each pages separately as a single file? Your advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Have you tried to shrink the PDF. (pdfcompressor.com is one option or smallpdf.com/compress-pdf).
Ours came down to under 1Mb. (951kb)

However, I did have a problem uploading that, and ended up creating three .jpg images each with 6 pages in each image, using PAINT, and uploaded as 3 files.

Could do the same with a PDF split.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok guys - I've uploaded a lot of document attachments since applying for the 801 a few weeks ago - I am just waiting on my partner to finish her document, as well as one other 888 form... As soon as I have these I'll upload them.

Also, I noticed that my status went from Initial Assessment to Further Assessment tonight, after I clicked the button at the bottom of the attachments page saying "I confirm I have provided information as requested"...Is this any indication of good news?

Here is a screenshot of all documents I've uploaded so far, and how I've presented it.
Can you suggest any other documents I should be uploading? It would be greatly appreciated. Should I do a form 80? I never did one for the 820...

Cheers

Your application looks good.

If you have joint bill i.e. electricity bills, water bills you can also add those.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks guy. The pdf compressor worked magic. But I just found out that compressing a file is not allowed while lodging online applications. Has anyine ever done this before without having it rejected by the immigration?

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Thanks guy. The pdf compressor worked magic. But I just found out that compressing a file is not allowed while lodging online applications. Has anyine ever done this before without having it rejected by the immigration?
I know that some people have done it, including myself.

Maybe some compressors are not done in the right way?

Which one did you use? Maybe worth trying another?

I used either smallpdf.com/compress-pdf or pdfcompressor.com last month, (not sure which I did in the end) and it uploaded OK.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used the smallpdf and it worked perfectly. Just a slight difference but if you dont see the original, you cant distinguish between the two. Thanks Jand E. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys I just filled in my application for stage 2 today. I was suprised to see the immi account page where we upload documents looks different from 821. I fon’t have si many categories of relationship to upload documents like I did for 820. It is just some recomended documents and “orher”. I can’t find any proper checklist. Does the sponsor need to fill out again the spinsordhip form? Do we need to upload id documents again?
Much appreciated if you could shed some light.. cheers

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Hey guys I just filled in my application for stage 2 today. I was suprised to see the immi account page where we upload documents looks different from 821. I fon't have si many categories of relationship to upload documents like I did for 820. It is just some recomended documents and "orher". I can't find any proper checklist. Does the sponsor need to fill out again the spinsordhip form? Do we need to upload id documents again?
Much appreciated if you could shed some light.. cheers
Check it again tomorrow, and all the categories will appear.

I had the same, but uploaded everything into other. Then, the next day all, the categories appeared.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi guys,

I am currently waiting a decision on the 801. I will soon be travelling back home for about 4 weeks and my partner will join me for two weeks, to meet with my family. Do I need to notify Immi that I am leaving the country for 4 weeks? If so, how? I have never left for so long so I dont know what to do in this instance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, There is absolutely no problem in compressing files as long as your documents are clear and readable, also there is nowhere that says that this is not allowed, I have read the instructions on the partner visa step by step and it does not mention anything at all. So let's not spread fake news. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey, in my case the categories never appeared, not even the next day or the week after, so i uploaded everything under other documents but clearly labelled. So This should not be a problem.

I had the same, but uploaded everything into other. Then, the next day all, the categories appeared.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very good question, My case is that my partner and I are going on a 3 month trip around the world and they require an address but we wont have one due to all the travels. Does any one knows what to do in this case?

Hi guys,

I am currently waiting a decision on the 801. I will soon be travelling back home for about 4 weeks and my partner will join me for two weeks, to meet with my family. Do I need to notify Immi that I am leaving the country for 4 weeks? If so, how? I have never left for so long so I dont know what to do in this instance.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Hi, There is absolutely no problem in compressing files as long as your documents are clear and readable, also there is nowhere that says that this is not allowed, I have read the instructions on the partner visa step by step and it does not mention anything at all. So let's not spread fake news. :)
I don't think it is fake news.

Some PDF files that have been compressed are rejected by the upload process.

It is something to do with the variations in PDF format. I have had the same issue, and had to switch to jpg to upload.

There is another statement where immigration do not accept compressed files, but that relates to compression into zip format. ZIP compressed files are not accepted.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Very good question, My case is that my partner and I are going on a 3 month trip around the world and they require an address but we wont have one due to all the travels. Does any one knows what to do in this case?
I was overseas at time of application, and I just gave my daughters address. You could give any family members address.

Reactions: BAQ

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, in my case the categories never appeared, not even the next day or the week after, so i uploaded everything under other documents but clearly labelled. So This should not be a problem.

Thank you so much for your reply. I called them up and they told me to upload under whatever category comes up. As long as they received the files they are fine... weird though but I ll do what they've said.
Thank you.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Thank you so much for your reply. I called them up and they told me to upload under whatever category comes up. As long as they received the files they are fine... weird though but I ll do what they've said.
Thank you.
It is good to know what they said, as I uploaded the first days uploads under 'Other' and have wondered about it ever since. People have said it is OK, but it's good to hear that Immigration said it too.

3061 - 3080 of 5666 Posts