Australia Forum banner

3141 - 3160 of 5666 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats everyone who got theirs
I cant wait for mine to come through, i want to be a nurse and have been accepted into a placement but i need this visa before i can start >.< This is so FRUSTRATING! &#128539;

820 applied march 2017
820 granted 2nd jan 2018
801 applied Jan 2019 (2 months early)
801 granted - waiting

And the timeline went up, i assume its due to a large amount of people applying over xmas ... Most people on the spreadsheet get theirs in 8ish months, so hoping for a new years present in my email box
Which state are you in?? I am already doing nursing. I am waiting for the Visa so I can apply for graduate program...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats everyone who got theirs
I cant wait for mine to come through, i want to be a nurse and have been accepted into a placement but i need this visa before i can start >.< This is so FRUSTRATING! &#128539;

820 applied march 2017
820 granted 2nd jan 2018
801 applied Jan 2019 (2 months early)
801 granted - waiting

And the timeline went up, i assume its due to a large amount of people applying over xmas ... Most people on the spreadsheet get theirs in 8ish months, so hoping for a new years present in my email box
Which state are you in?? I am already doing nursing. I am waiting for the Visa so I can apply for graduate program...

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Just received the 801 PR grant today. 3 months earlier than we expected.

801 Eligible date: 14 May 2018
801 Grant: 20 Feb 2018

801 Processing time: 9 months and 1 week.

So it is inside the official Processing Times of:
75% of applications: 20 months
90% of applications: 26 months

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi guys,

I need a bit of advice here... so my partner and I have been together for 4.5 years, he proposed to me last year and we are getting married this year (overseas). Before we go overseas we would like to register our marriage here in Australia because it is a hassle to register overseas through Australian authorities.

My questions are;

1. Would it effect our application if we get marriage because we applied 820/801 de facto not marriage. Do we need to change the type of application??

2. Do we need to inform them about change in circumstance?

3. Should we attached marriage certificate once we are married (on paper) in a few months time??

4. Would you recommend me to change my last name then or wait until my 801 is granted? My partner is pretty old school and he would like it changed lol

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

My timeline

Applied 820 - 2/08/2016
Requested info - 28/02/2017
820 approved - 26/03/2017
Applied 801 - 5/08/2018
Waiting - 6 months 15 days

·
Registered
404 Posts

Great news for you - well done.

But so disappointing for the process - we applied nearly a year before you guys and nothing.

I note that the acknowledgement of her application said

In order to ensure a fair and equitable outcome for all our clients we process applications in
the order in which they are received
That's clearly a lie.

So great for you guys, so sucky for those on the losing side of the equation.

·
Registered
9 Posts

But so disappointing for the process - we applied nearly a year before you guys and nothing.

In order to ensure a fair and equitable outcome for all our clients we process applications in
the order in which they are received
That's clearly a lie.

Completely agree, really happy for those who have their 801 - awful for those of us who applied way before.

We have started to take legal advice, as per ombudsman reports like the below - it is clear that it's a dogs breakfast behind the scenes. Unless people start actioning this type of behaviour nothing will ever change. For us - we are a legit couple so no fear of the dept becoming 'unhappy' with our legal approach. At the best part of $8k it's a farce.

https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/__data...tizenship-own-motion-investigation-report.pdf

·
Registered
37 Posts
I completely agree with you, this process is a big joke, their system is a shame, the home affairs department is a big waste of time. Everyone needs to complaint, send letters, contact their local MP's - 20 to 26 wait times months is unacceptable.

Guys, Remember this visa is not free, its nearly 10K, world's most expensive yet we receive a disgraceful treatment and wait times but meanwhile home affairs - Peter Dutton is granting visas to criminals with drug and child abuse charges so this leaves you thinking WTF?

That's clearly a lie.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Completely agree, really happy for those who have their 801 - awful for those of us who applied way before.

We have started to take legal advice, as per ombudsman reports like the below - it is clear that it's a dogs breakfast behind the scenes. Unless people start actioning this type of behaviour nothing will ever change. For us - we are a legit couple so no fear of the dept becoming 'unhappy' with our legal approach. At the best part of $8k it's a farce.

https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/__data...tizenship-own-motion-investigation-report.pdf
Good on you! We need to DEMAND a change, this needs to stop, we will also start going legal. It is very clear that home affairs is playing games and sitting around scratching their bellies!

·
Registered
6,106 Posts

That's clearly a lie.

It has made me wonder about the timelines, and how they decide who goes first and who waits.

In reality I was expecting a much longer wait, but hoping for only 12 months, as I felt our situation would not be a normal straightforward one.

This afternoon I spent time thinking about the positives of our situation, that immigration might have considered, rather than the negatives, which I have been considering. (ie: did I add enough proof, photos, ID's etc., things that we all no doubt consider, and worry about for ages).

Why did we get granted the 801 in just 9 months from eligibility date?.... (we lodged 3 months AFTER we were eligible)

This is my second sponsorship of a Filipina partner. That marriage lasted over 20 years. Proof of stable relationships with an overseas partner?

We have been living together full time for 4 years and 6 months, at the time of grant, but have been in a relationship for 5 years. (That's almost as long as my first marriage. This is my 3rd)

We submitted change of Passport name to married name in December 2018.
We submitted ATO Tax assessments showing combined names, in January 2019, under "Declaration of relationship with government authorities"
We changed the Medicare name to married name in December 2018.
Maybe these triggered a new look, and processing?

Maybe these things could have had some influence, but who knows for sure.

I know they can only grant so many per month, or year. Did we just get lucky?

They do say: The assessment will take longer to process if:
  • you don't include all the documents we need
  • we need more information from you
  • it takes us time to verify your information
Maybe they considered we had given them sufficient after all.. And it was easy to prove.

Passport, Driver Licence, Medicare, Bank accounts, etc., all in the Married Name.

I also contacted them recently asking why her immiaccount status still showed "received", and what else they needed.

A lot of the 2018 grants were under 9 months according to the 801 Waiting spreadsheet.

Reactions: Dooda

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Hi can I ask which country are you from ? How many years in relationship?
From the Philippines.

We have been living together full time for 4 years and 6 months, at the time of grant, but have been in a relationship for 5 years.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It has made me wonder about the timelines, and how they decide who goes first and who waits.

In reality I was expecting a much longer wait, but hoping for only 12 months, as I felt our situation would not be a normal straightforward one.

This afternoon I spent time thinking about the positives of our situation, that immigration might have considered, rather than the negatives, which I have been considering. (ie: did I add enough proof, photos, ID's etc., things that we all no doubt consider, and worry about for ages).

Why did we get granted the 801 in just 9 months from eligibility date?.... (we lodged 3 months AFTER we were eligible)

This is my second sponsorship of a Filipina partner. That marriage lasted over 20 years. Proof of stable relationships with an overseas partner?

We have been living together full time for 4 years and 6 months, at the time of grant, but have been in a relationship for 5 years. (That's almost as long as my first marriage. This is my 3rd)

We submitted change of Passport name to married name in December 2018.
We submitted ATO Tax assessments showing combined names, in January 2019, under "Declaration of relationship with government authorities"
We changed the Medicare name to married name in December 2018.
Maybe these triggered a new look, and processing?

Maybe these things could have had some influence, but who knows for sure.

I know they can only grant so many per month, or year. Did we just get lucky?

They do say: The assessment will take longer to process if:
  • you don't include all the documents we need
  • we need more information from you
  • it takes us time to verify your information
Maybe they considered we had given them sufficient after all.. And it was easy to prove.

Passport, Driver Licence, Medicare, Bank accounts, etc., all in the Married Name.

I also contacted them recently asking why her immiaccount status still showed "received", and what else they needed.

A lot of the 2018 grants were under 9 months according to the 801 Waiting spreadsheet.
So when you have contacted them, did they say anything in regards to your status question?

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
So when you have contacted them, did they say anything in regards to your status question?
No. They didn't reply.. At least not until the visa grant. Although the status had changed by the next time we logged in, to 'submitted'.

I never saw any further change, until 'finalised'.

·
Registered
64 Posts
No. They didn't reply.. At least not until the visa grant. Although the status had changed by the next time we logged in, to 'submitted'.

When did you contact them ? And you use online enquire form or email ?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I do believe they work on the squeaky wheel principle.

I want to submit an enquiry on behalf of my wife, but am fearful of triggering the opposite response, although - no visible action after 20 months - immiaccount still showing "received" must be a valid enquiry.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
When did you contact them ? And you use online enquire form or email ?
I used the online enquiry form, mentioned in this thread, about 4 weeks ago I think.

Reactions: S.B

·
Registered
44 Posts

Does submitted differ to received? Cause in my case it has been received:confused::confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't think anyone really knows how they process the applications and what the quota and its time frame are..
The unknown is the annoying part.
Personally, I'm not even sure if the countdown is from the eligibility date or the lodgement date.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I don't think anyone really knows how they process the applications and what the quota and its time frame are..
The unknown is the annoying part.
Personally, I'm not even sure if the countdown is from the eligibility date or the lodgement date.
Processing time for subclass 801 Partner (permanent) visa and 100 Partner (permanent) visa is from date of eligibility (2 years after the 820/801 or 309/100 application is lodged) to finalisation.

They say there is no quota, but with these official figures, it is hard to believe:
2017/18: 47,732 Family Visa Grants
2016/17: 47,825 Partner Visas Grants
2015/16: 47,825 Partner Visas Grants
2014/15: 47,825 Partner Visas Grants

3141 - 3160 of 5666 Posts