Australia Forum banner

3181 - 3200 of 5666 Posts

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
And you were granted after using the enquiry form? What do you think I could say? I've uploaded pretty much everything and in the most uniform fashion possible. I've only been waiting a month or so but I can't imagine having to wait 22 or so months when others are getting it in half a year
Only about 25% are taking 22 months or more at the moment, the majority are less.

From the grants that have been mentioned in this thread, so far in 2019,
75% took under 19 months, (slightly better than the global 21 months) BUT...
55% took 12 months or under, and 33% of the total took 9 months or under.

I am not sure exactly how they actually decide which get done in under 9 months and which wait longer, but I have seen some examples where they haven't lodged everything required, and are still waiting. (The problem may be that Immigration are still waiting for them to lodge everything correctly.)

Immigration do say: You can minimise the processing time for this application by supplying all supporting documents and responding to any requests for information promptly.

We did use the enquiry form as the IMMI account was saying they were waiting for information requested, and my enquiry was saying I hadn't had any request, and could they tell me what they were waiting for.

We didn't get the email from immigration asking us to submit the 801 updates. We were in the group that they never sent it to.

·
Registered
64 Posts
And you were granted after using the enquiry form? What do you think I could say? I've uploaded pretty much everything and in the most uniform fashion possible. I've only been waiting a month or so but I can't imagine having to wait 22 or so months when others are getting it in half a year
Only about 25% are taking 22 months or more at the moment, the majority are less.

From the grants that have been mentioned in this thread, so far in 2019,
75% took under 19 months, (slightly better than the global 21 months) BUT...
55% took 12 months or under, and 33% of the total took 9 months or under.

I am not sure exactly how they actually decide which get done in under 9 months and which wait longer, but I have seen some examples where they haven't lodged everything required, and are still waiting. (The problem may be that Immigration are still waiting for them to lodge everything correctly.)

Immigration do say: You can minimise the processing time for this application by supplying all supporting documents and responding to any requests for information promptly.

We did use the enquiry form as the IMMI account was saying they were waiting for information requested, and my enquiry was saying I hadn't had any request, and could they tell me what they were waiting for.

We didn't get the email from immigration asking us to submit the 801 updates. We were in the group that they never sent it to.
Your IMMI account was saying they were waiting for information requested? Then what was your state showing ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I applied for my 801 a month ago :) just over a month before my eligibility date. My 820 got granted in 9 months :D so im hopeful my 801 will come in within the new year. Im not very social :(

Here is what i added;
Joint account - daily usage
Joint lease agreements for 3 years
transfers between accounts.
holiday pictures within australia
pictures (5 or 6) of days out
a month by month guide to what we got up to
form 80 (just incase)
a police cert
4 888 certs
4 letters from friends online (we only have online friends)
2 stat decs of the relationship talking about plans for the future etc etc
passport/medicare, driving licence
joint post
bills in his name that i pay for and visa versa (we cant get them in both our names, typical)

I feel like i dont have enough social :( we arent social at all. I think if i add more photos it may help as i only added 5 or 6 good ones (plus holiday ones). Here is my application, does everything look okay?

I start uni early next year :O without this visa i will have to defer for an entire year! D: So i want to make sure my account is perfect for them!

In a few months i will start to send them emails, shpuld i mention i am going to start a course? or will they react badly?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,184
In a few months i will start to send them emails, shpuld i mention i am going to start a course? or will they react badly?
Immigration are probably going to react badly if you contact them so soon after applying and if you keep sending them emails they will get pissed off. I know of someone where immigration actually told them to stop contacting them and told them that them constantly contacting them was taking time away from processing applications.

In the eyes of immigration you have unlimited study rights so it is not a concern for them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What is the difference between 'further assessment' to 'received'? I mean, I have applied before ChelseaPie but mine still says 'received'

·
Registered
104 Posts
What is the difference between 'further assessment' to 'received'? I mean, I have applied before ChelseaPie but mine still says 'received'
I found a lot of people stated their status shows furthur assessment, even right after they have just submitted the application. I am wondering maybe it's a system error. Mine is typical "received".

·
Registered
104 Posts
I applied for my 801 a month ago
just over a month before my eligibility date. My 820 got granted in 9 months
so im hopeful my 801 will come in within the new year. Im not very social

I start uni early next year 😮 without this visa i will have to defer for an entire year! 😧 So i want to make sure my account is perfect for them!

Are you hoping of getting the permanent resident discount on your uni fees? Otherwise you shouldnt have any problems with your nursing placements being a 820 Visa holder.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Your IMMI account was saying they were waiting for information requested? Then what was your state showing ?
I think it was either 'submitted' or 'received', but it changed to 'something assessment' at some point soon after I did the enquiry.

Wish I had taken screen shots to keep tabs on the actual wording now.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I would assume it would be this;

Received or Submitted: Received but not reviewed yet.

This next wording is from the Immigration department:

Initial Assessment: This status will be displayed when a processing officer sends a Request for Information.

Further Assessment: This status will be displayed when a processing officer has received the requested information.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I just checked again, and the status was actually "Initial assessment"

My message to them, in January, was:

We have just logged into the IMMI account and saw this bit: "This application requires additional supporting documentation. Please check correspondence and attach the requested documents."

However, there is no message requesting anything else, and we wonder if you are needing more information.
-
Application status: Initial assessment
!! Important information
This application requires additional supporting documentation. Please check correspondence and attach the requested documents.
As our eligibility date was at the time that they were not sending out emails, I assume it went to "Initial assessment" automatically, and they were waiting for info, but somehow hadn't realised we had submitted it. (In August and December).

I did add a few more photos after that date, of our November trip to Sydney, current joint bank accounts, and screenshot of part of Tax Return showing spouse name on each.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think theres a lot of undercover stuff people dont realise. I know some applications get accepted outside of Australia. My 820 got accepted in Vietnam :) Maybe the different times it takes for people to get accepted depends on which office they get assigned too? and maybe each office has different ways of updating the application (received/initial assessment/further assessment etc)

I need the 801 so I can pay domestic, international is so expensive. I wont send any emails until 6 months after eligibility (around october time). I do find it a little weight my application took 4 days to go to further assessment when i applied 1.5 months early. I would have thought they would have ignored it!

I also think the timeline went up to 21 months because a lot of posts i am reading, people dont know they have to apply for the 801 and so do it late. I think if everyone submitted their application 1 month before with everything the average would be around 1 year. Immi really should give some better timeline estimates.... according to the 2018 spreadsheet most people got theirs within 9 months with no obvious difference between high risk and low risk countries :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Incorrect information. Removed post.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you have your 820 visa, you shouldn't have to pay international fees. However, you won't be commonwealth eligible, so you'd be a full fee paying domestic student. I'm dealing with this with my son, who is currently at university in the US due to having to be a full fee paying student if he were to attend uni here in WA (we're on the 820 waiting for the 801). Once we have the 801, he should be commonwealth eligible. He won't be able to access HECS loans or anything for 2 years, but still has his US financial aid, which is basically the same. If I were you, I'd look into the University that you're wishing to attend and check the 820 visa with regards to fees.
I am also in WA. As far as I know, 820 visa holders don't pay domestic fees.. Have you confirmed with any uni?

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you have your 820 visa, you shouldn't have to pay international fees. However, you won't be commonwealth eligible, so you'd be a full fee paying domestic student. I'm dealing with this with my son, who is currently at university in the US due to having to be a full fee paying student if he were to attend uni here in WA (we're on the 820 waiting for the 801). Once we have the 801, he should be commonwealth eligible. He won't be able to access HECS loans or anything for 2 years, but still has his US financial aid, which is basically the same. If I were you, I'd look into the University that you're wishing to attend and check the 820 visa with regards to fees.
Until you get 801 you are international fees :( I have checked with multiple unis and tafes :(

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Immi really should give some better timeline estimates.... according to the 2018 spreadsheet most people got theirs within 9 months with no obvious difference between high risk and low risk countries :)
Definitely agree that Immi should give better timelines.
The figures they give are actuals from the previous month.
They could easily do it for each 25% group which could end up as something like:
25% between 3 and 9 months
50% between 9 and 12 months
75% between 12 and 21 months.. Etc
The above example would fit with current actual timeframes. 75% under 21 months.

It would be more interesting if they did...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Definitely agree that Immi should give better timelines.
The figures they give are actuals from the previous month.
They could easily do it for each 25% group which could end up as something like:
25% between 3 and 9 months
50% between 9 and 12 months
75% between 12 and 21 months.. Etc
The above example would fit with current actual timeframes. 75% under 21 months.

It would be more interesting if they did...
That would make sense, i do think they didnt do many over xmas and new year. I know they have a quota for the year, like 50,000 per year accepted, i wonder when that resets? or if they can only accept X many per month.

I do think theres people who forget to apply and they up the timeframe quite significantly. Especially people who get their 820s in 2 or 3 years as some people think you have to wait another year after that. I hope o fall int he first 25% :D i am so excited to become a nurse when i think about it i can hardly sleep xD

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Reactions: chelseaspie

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I am also in WA. As far as I know, 820 visa holders don't pay domestic fees.. Have you confirmed with any uni?
I apologise. Most of the universities require a permanent visa for domestic. I did see some who don't, but I just looked again and the big universities state if you are a temporary or provisional resident, then you have to pay International fees. Sorry! I got confused on it. While in secondary school, we don't have to pay tuition for our sons. However, upon further review, Universities are different. I just remember that we knew we needed to wait for the 801 visa for my son to transfer to Murdoch. I'll remove my previous post as I was totally wrong there!

Reactions: chelseaspie
3181 - 3200 of 5666 Posts