Australia Forum banner

3201 - 3220 of 5666 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would assume it would be this;

Received or Submitted: Received but not reviewed yet.

This next wording is from the Immigration department:

Initial Assessment: This status will be displayed when a processing officer sends a Request for Information.

Further Assessment: This status will be displayed when a processing officer has received the requested information.
That's sort of correct. This info is from another thread:

Submitted Your application has been successfully submitted to the Department.
Received Your application has been received by the Department and will be assessed.
Initial assessment The application has gone through the initial checks. Please check correspondence for any additional information you may need to provide.
Further assessment The application is currently being assessed. The Department will contact you if further supporting documentation is required.
Approved For citizenship applications, this indicates that the application has been approved. In most cases, the applicant(s) will not become Australian citizens until they attend a citizenship conferral ceremony.
Finalised Your application has been decided. Refer to correspondence for details of the outcome.

However, I believe it is an error as ChelseaPie' application would not be assigned to a CO a monthe after lodgement. Nope?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Let's keep a track of it and se what happens. I can see you went through the WHV pathway. What was your first status when you lodged it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Let's keep a track of it and se what happens. I can see you went through the WHV pathway. What was your first status when you lodged it?
No idea, i didnt check i just got an email :) I also didnt apply for 820 myself so no idea :S I really think the status of the application is based on which country your application gets sent too. I got sent to vietnam, maybe they further assessment it when they receive it but other countries dont?

so confusing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I remember someone in this thread said their application went straight into further assessment after submission before they even had a chance to upload supporting documents??

I would think that is definitely a system error.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No idea, i didnt check i just got an email :) I also didnt apply for 820 myself so no idea :S I really think the status of the application is based on which country your application gets sent too. I got sent to vietnam, maybe they further assessment it when they receive it but other countries dont?

so confusing.
Sorry but what do you mean sent straight toVietnam? Isn't it all being assessed in Australia?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Sorry but what do you mean sent straight toVietnam? Isn't it all being assessed in Australia?
No, not all are processed in Australia.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Nice! Yea, just in the waiting game now. Only been 4 months from eligibility so far. I'd be happy with a May approval! LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a question about Police checks and going overseas. I will also add to the Ask Mark but he's a busy guy and you lot may have first hand knowledge.

When I applied for 801 I uploaded a Police check I had got for employment purposes but now need to go to England for a few months and have applied for an up to date one for work purposes there. I chose the Immigration option on the application form and will upload when I receive it but it may take 3 weeks

I intend to let Immi know of my trip and that I do not have a fixed date of return.

Questions:
1) Will they let me know if they are about to make a decision so i can return like they would have for my 300 a few years back?
2) Should I be sure that I have my Police check before even booking my flight? I really need to go by mid March.
3) Flexible return flights are expensive. Any one know if it will be an issue if I buy a single with the intention of buying another single to return when i know what my return date is?

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
It would be fantastic as I need it for further studying (uni fees). My agent told me she had an 801 visa approved within 4 months but nothing here.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It would be fantastic as I need it for further studying (uni fees). My agent told me she had an 801 visa approved within 4 months but nothing here.
Looks like a lot of people are on the same boat. What are you going to study ? Hope you dont mind me asking.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Questions:
1) Will they let me know if they are about to make a decision so i can return like they would have for my 300 a few years back?
2) Should I be sure that I have my Police check before even booking my flight? I really need to go by mid March.
3) Flexible return flights are expensive. Any one know if it will be an issue if I buy a single with the intention of buying another single to return when i know what my return date is?

Thanks
1) You can be outside of Australia when they approve the 801. However, hopefully someone corrects me if I'm wrong, if you get a denial and aren't in Australia, not sure if you can go to tribunal.
2) Did you supply a police check with the 820 application? If so, according to the Immi website, another police check isn't needed unless you have been in a different country for 12 months.
3) Shouldn't be an issue with your flights at all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks like a lot of people are on the same boat. What are you going to study ? Hope you dont mind me asking.
Accounting, Qhat about you?

I have finished an advanced diploma through TAFE which gives me a year and a half credit in uni and a guaranteed admission. Now in order to complete it I need another year and a half of uni but the tuition for international students are far from reality.

·
Registered
141 Posts
1) You can be outside of Australia when they approve the 801. However, hopefully someone corrects me if I'm wrong, if you get a denial and aren't in Australia, not sure if you can go to tribunal.
2) Did you supply a police check with the 820 application? If so, according to the Immi website, another police check isn't needed unless you have been in a different country for 12 months.
3) Shouldn't be an issue with your flights at all.
1) Yep, that's what I'm concerned about. I'm not likely to get a decision so soon and there's no reason for a denial but......
2) No. I supplied a UK Police check for 300PMV but didn't need one for 820 because it was soon after. Pretty sure I need one for 801
3) Thanks. Always scared to put a foot wrong.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
1) Yep, that's what I'm concerned about. I'm not likely to get a decision so soon and there's no reason for a denial but......
2) No. I supplied a UK Police check for 300PMV but didn't need one for 820 because it was soon after. Pretty sure I need one for 801
3) Thanks. Always scared to put a foot wrong.
Yes, you need one since you didn't supply one with the 820. No worries. We're always second guessing and worrying...after all, this is our lives we're talking about. :)

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
According to the [Department of Home Affairs, 2018 (RF21855.01)]

There were 43,287 Permanent Partner visas (801 & 100) finalised in Australian offices in 2017/18
There were 7,035 Permanent Partner visas (801 & 100) finalised in Overseas offices in 2017/18

I had also assumed that all 801's were done in Australia, and the 309's maybe overseas.

Vietnam processed 1,216 Temporary visas (820 & 309) and 403 Permanent Visas (801 & 100) in 2017/18.

3201 - 3220 of 5666 Posts