Australia Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 5686 Posts

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
My 820 was accepted in Vietnam, does that mean my 801 will be too? I didnt get an email letting me know I have applied for 801 but it does show it is in the final assessment phase (whatever that is) I just wanna know i am not in a dubai queue. xD
Dubai only did 598 out of the 50,000 plus finalisations that year.
Vietnam only did 403.

Australia, with 43,000, gives you better odds...

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,242 ·
Is there a way you can tell what office handles your application?
Not usually. Majority of people do not know it has a case officer until the visa is granted. On this forum we have only seen a handful of 801's done overseas majority seem to be done in Melbourne.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone just a quick update on my application

My case was remitted back by AAT to the department of home affairs for reconsideration with the direction that the applicant (i.e me) meets the following criteria for a subclass 801 (partner) visa.

Just wanted to know if anybody is on the same boat as mine and what is the current processing time for 801 grant and what further documents would they ask for?

I've been living in Australia for past 11 years would they still ask for PCC and form 80?

Thanks

My timeline
Applied : 14/Feb/2013
820 granted : 16/Feb/2014
801 refused : 28/Oct/2016
Lodged AAT : 21/Nov/2016
AAT HEARING : 13/Nov/2017
AAT Remitted Back : 21/Feb/2019
801 : Still Waiting
Hi, may i know what's the reason of your visa refusals?
That's a really long wait to hear from AAT. Are you currently on bridging visa A still??
I hope that u will receive your 801 grant soon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Read about a new Bill passed in Dec'18 for the changes to the partner visa 801/820.
The Bill means sponsorships have to be approved before Partner visas can be lodged.
Have anyone got idea regarding this ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone just a quick update on my application

My case was remitted back by AAT to the department of home affairs for reconsideration with the direction that the applicant (i.e me) meets the following criteria for a subclass 801 (partner) visa.

Just wanted to know if anybody is on the same boat as mine and what is the current processing time for 801 grant and what further documents would they ask for?

I've been living in Australia for past 11 years would they still ask for PCC and form 80?

Thanks

My timeline
Applied : 14/Feb/2013
820 granted : 16/Feb/2014
801 refused : 28/Oct/2016
Lodged AAT : 21/Nov/2016
AAT HEARING : 13/Nov/2017
AAT Remitted Back : 21/Feb/2019
801 : Still Waiting
Hi, may i know what's the reason of your visa refusals?
That's a really long wait to hear from AAT. Are you currently on bridging visa A still??
I hope that u will receive your 801 grant soon
They conducted a site visit in India at my parents residence and the DIBP officers kept questioning my neighbors about my relationship who never met me or saw me before. The interview with my parents went well. However they put more weight on the adverse statements given by my neighbor and reject all my evidence resulting in refusal. I called everyone from my family from India to attend the hearing and a favourable decision was made after 2.4 years of wait. This whole saga took 6-7 years since my initial application.

And still waiting...

Yes with the bridging visas they gave me BVE. I was barred from travelling

I visited status resolution centre in Sydney they said 820/801 is a package refusal of 801 had automatically cancelled my 820 visa.

I was never unlawful in this country, I have always maintained the lawful status. Before applying for a partner visa I was on a student visa which was cancelled for a breach of condition so the BVE stayed when my 801 was refused

Hope that helps

·
Registered
104 Posts
They conducted a site visit in India at my parents residence and the DIBP officers kept questioning my neighbors about my relationship who never met me or saw me before. The interview with my parents went well. However they put more weight on the adverse statements given by my neighbor and reject all my evidence resulting in refusal. I called everyone from my family from India to attend the hearing and a favourable decision was made after 2.4 years of wait. This whole saga took 6-7 years since my initial application.

And still waiting...

I visited status resolution centre in Sydney they said 820/801 is a package refusal of 801 had automatically cancelled my 820 visa.

I was never unlawful in this country, I have always maintained the lawful status. Before applying for a partner visa I was on a student visa which was cancelled for a breach of condition so the BVE stayed when my 801 was refused

Hope that helps
That was stupid to ask your neighbours for information. They could have no idea of you or your relationship. I don't really see my neighbours after moving in our home for 3 years.

If you were previously on a student visa, it was best not to cancel the student visa or stop going to class before it ended. Because you did so, immigration can see you as untrustworthy. I reckon that's why they refused your partner visa.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
127 Posts

And still waiting...

Hope that helps
Oh dear that seems like a long and never ending journey, I feel for you.

The doubt that get the officer to conduct an interview with your neighbor was significant I assume. It seems to be very unusual? Maybe someone reported you and your partner?

Please keep positive and I hope your 801 is on its way!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank you for the kind words 🙂

Just wanted to if anyone's application has been remitted back from AAT recently and how long did it take for the 801 grant?
And
Did immi ask any documents?

Thanks
Hi there,

It is indeed a long journey for you. I believe this channel does not have a lot of people with refusals via AAT so I believe you should post this in the general one for visas and immigration and hoping that a migration agent advises you. All the best.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That was stupid to ask your neighbours for information. They could have no idea of you or your relationship. I don't really see my neighbours after moving in our home for 3 years.

If you were previously on a student visa, it was best not to cancel the student visa or stop going to class before it ended. Because you did so, immigration can see you as untrustworthy. I reckon that's why they refused your partner visa.

Just my opinion.
Hi there,

Usually the partner visa is decided on its own merits, so if you have a genuine relationship and have plenty of evidence, a student visa should not have an impact on a partner visa, but again, with DIBP you never know.... Good luck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
801 times.

Today i got bored and started to use the numbers from here to make some % (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2018/fa180900578-document-released.PDF)

I have added each country into brackets.

100-250 days
251-350 days
351-450 days
451-600 days
600days+

After adding each one I added how many 801s they accepted. I then worked out what %chance each of us had of being in that bracket (I have uploaded my worksheet, black is amount of days it took each city, red is the amount of accepted visas)

Here are your chances.
100-250 days - 5.3%
251-350 days - 7%
351-450 days - 54%
451-600 days - 33%
600+ days 1.2%

Please note that these % do not take into account whether someone front loaded their applications, so while Brisbane dealt with 16,622 applications in an average of 482 days i imagine it would be lower if everyone supplied everything and doesnt take into account rejected applications.

:/

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Today i got bored and started to use the numbers from here to make some % (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2018/fa180900578-document-released.PDF)

I have added each country into brackets.

100-250 days
251-350 days
351-450 days
451-600 days
600days+

After adding each one I added how many 801s they accepted. I then worked out what %chance each of us had of being in that bracket (I have uploaded my worksheet, black is amount of days it took each city, red is the amount of accepted visas)

Here are your chances.
100-250 days - 5.3%
251-350 days - 7%
351-450 days - 54%
451-600 days - 33%
600+ days 1.2%

Please note that these % do not take into account whether someone front loaded their applications, so while Brisbane dealt with 16,622 applications in an average of 482 days i imagine it would be lower if everyone supplied everything and doesnt take into account rejected applications.

:/
Wow really good job. thank you very much! this is really helpful

·
Registered
60 Posts
I haven't been granted yet, but I feel it is close as the officer has just requested for the Statutory Declaration today as I didn't use a proper form before... one year since submitted any. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Guys,

There was an article on SBS about partner visas and delays.

One of the main issues is that mainly Indian and Chinese nationals are marrying family members to obtain partner visas, they are also using fake documents in order to obtain these type of visas. For every application like this, the rest of us, genuine relationships suffer the consequences of HUGE delays.

It was also mentioned that a lot of people are submitting incorrect forms because they do NOT read the instructions properly. This has also a HUGE impact in the current increasing processing times.

Make sure your application is CORRECT, please use the correct statutory form for the sponsor and READ the step by step information on the website and also use this forum to get valuable information, I've seen the sponsor form attached here multiple times.

Cheers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys
My eligibility date for 801 was 04/2017. Its gonna be 23 months mid march. I been waiting so long but i dont wanna complain or send any enquiry. Hopefully, i get result soon. Trying to be patient but its hard when you wait that long

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi guys
My eligibility date for 801 was 04/2017. Its gonna be 23 months mid march. I been waiting so long but i dont wanna complain or send any enquiry. Hopefully, i get result soon. Trying to be patient but its hard when you wait that long
Hi, If I would be you, I would send an inquiry ASAP, it wont hurt and there is nothing wrong with it. 23 months is an abomination and the government should be ashamed. Also, you can contact your local MP, they are always willing to help. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Hi Guys,

One of the main issues is that mainly Indian and Chinese nationals are marrying family members to obtain partner visas, they are also using fake documents in order to obtain these type of visas. For every application like this, the rest of us, genuine relationships suffer the consequences of HUGE delays.

It was also mentioned that a lot of people are submitting incorrect forms because they do NOT read the instructions properly. This has also a HUGE impact in the current increasing processing times.

Make sure your application is CORRECT, please use the correct statutory form for the sponsor and READ the step by step information on the website and also use this forum to get valuable information, I've seen the sponsor form attached here multiple times.

Cheers.
That is a very good point. A lot of the longer waits, 23 months upwards, may include many caught up in some of these actions.

Unfortunately, the longer times spent dealing with these might also mean that genuine applications may also end up being delayed, while staff are busy on the others.

I saw one recently where the applicant was waiting over 20 months, but it turned out that immigration were waiting for the applicant to submit everything required, which they hadn't done, as they were waiting to be asked for it.

Maybe Immigration aren't asking as much these days, just waiting and concentrating on fully completed applications.

9-12 month grants are not uncommon (they may actually be the majority) where everything is submitted correctly, and there are no other complications.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi guys
My eligibility date is not far from yours, 08/2017. Guess we just have to be patient and wait. I feel uncomfortable to send inquiry before the 26 month time is up. Hopefully it is not long to go now. My 820 application was outside the standard processing time 18.5 month.

I uploaded all required documents when submit the application, and have been updating information about our relationship.

Finger crossed, shouldn't be long now.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Guys,

Cheers.
Hi, do you have a link to that article please? I haven't found it.

3241 - 3260 of 5686 Posts