Australia Forum banner

3261 - 3280 of 5666 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
If that link doesnt work as it sometimes gets cut when i use a long link, type this into google,

Migration to Australia: a quick guide to the statistics
Updated 18 January 2017

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi guys

hi guys I need help is someone here same as my timeline wait seems quite a bit plus how do i know what is my eligibility date was? how can i find it ?

TypeStage 2 - Permanent Partner Visa Assessment (100,801)
Estimated Processing Time21 months to 26 months
Last updated17 Nov 2017
Date submitted06 Mar 2017

TypeStage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801)
Last updated14 Oct 2016
Date submitted22 Feb 2015

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys,

I haven’t yet pressed the ‘I confirm I have provided information as requested’ button as I haven’t resubmitted my personal ID (passport/driving license) for myself or my partner. They had it in the initial application for the 820 so do you think they’ll want it again in the 801? I don’t want to be repeating myself.

I haven’t had any communication from immigration since I submitted everything June 2018 (my eligibility date) and I don’t know if this is because I haven’t pressed that button or because my application hasn’t been picked up (it still says initial assessment at the progress section)

Thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Today i got bored and started to use the numbers from here to make some % (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2018/fa180900578-document-released.PDF)

I have added each country into brackets.

100-250 days
251-350 days
351-450 days
451-600 days
600days+

After adding each one I added how many 801s they accepted. I then worked out what %chance each of us had of being in that bracket (I have uploaded my worksheet, black is amount of days it took each city, red is the amount of accepted visas)

Here are your chances.
100-250 days - 5.3%
251-350 days - 7%
351-450 days - 54%
451-600 days - 33%
600+ days 1.2%

Please note that these % do not take into account whether someone front loaded their applications, so while Brisbane dealt with 16,622 applications in an average of 482 days i imagine it would be lower if everyone supplied everything and doesnt take into account rejected applications.

:/
Wow, well done- question: How do you know what office is processing your application? I'm from Canada, filed online -while living in Adelaide. Applied for my 801
Cheers :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow, well done- question: How do you know what office is processing your application? I'm from Canada, filed online -while living in Adelaide. Applied for my 801
I don't think you can know as long as it hasn't been granted. I am from Adelaide as well, can I ask when you applied for the 801 and you eligibility date?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thank you :) I see most Australian based officers are around the 400 mark, but the australian one also deals with refusals so I would assume the average is actually around 300. Ild say most people get their visas before 12 months, but the refusals up the average by a year!

·
Registered
106 Posts
No worries, happy to help :D I think if we all front load out application we can probably take a few months off those higher ones :D
I keep seeing people use this term front loading. what constitutes as a front loaded application?
I got all of my attachments up within 3 weeks (most of it was up within a week of applying, i just had to wait for the form 888s and my partners stat declaration). would this count as front loaded? as I applied a month early, I still had everything up a few days before my eligibility date...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Need an answer here guys - Got myself worrying hahaha. Please somebody respond if you read this -

Can I upload everything under my own immi account, or does my partner also need to upload to her immi account (when we did the 820 we both had to use our own accounts, so im a bit confused as to why this time around i have an upload section just for her)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey guys,

I haven't yet pressed the 'I confirm I have provided information as requested' button as I haven't resubmitted my personal ID (passport/driving license) for myself or my partner. They had it in the initial application for the 820 so do you think they'll want it again in the 801? I don't want to be repeating myself.
You need to upload all your personal ID docs again.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
I keep seeing people use this term front loading. what constitutes as a front loaded application?
I got all of my attachments up within 3 weeks (most of it was up within a week of applying, i just had to wait for the form 888s and my partners stat declaration). would this count as front loaded? as I applied a month early, I still had everything up a few days before my eligibility date...
Front loading is all documents uploaded including police and medical, the police and medical may expire (valid 12 months) before your visa is processed.

They might then need to be done again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Front loading is all documents uploaded including police and medical, the police and medical may expire (valid 12 months) before your visa is processed.

They might then need to be done again.
Why do you need a medical cert for the 801? I front loaded (love this term) my application online with a migration agent and was never told to provide any medical certificate (for the 820 I was required). Although, police certificates that are valid for a year were provided for both applicant and partner/sponsor. I am not sure you need to provide a medical one

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,273
Why do you need a medical cert for the 801? I front loaded (love this term) my application online with a migration agent and was never told to provide any medical certificate (for the 820 I was required). Although, police certificates that are valid for a year were provided for both applicant and partner/sponsor. I am not sure you need to provide a medical one
You don't need medicals for the second stage.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Need an answer here guys - Got myself worrying hahaha. Please somebody respond if you read this -

Can I upload everything under my own immi account, or does my partner also need to upload to her immi account (when we did the 820 we both had to use our own accounts, so im a bit confused as to why this time around i have an upload section just for her)

Also - Did you guys provide proof of communication while apart? because we don't spend time apart much, outside of working hours. It's not like i travel away for days/weeks at a time, nor does my partner. i feel like this the only thing i havent provided evidence of, but is it only relevant if you spend time apart?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I added it all under my own. Nothing is under my partners but I’m not sure if I’m correct in doing that. Seeing as everything is somewhat involved with me I assume I’m right. I think the section with your partners name is just for the new system.

When did you apply for your 801 visa? 🙂

·
Registered
106 Posts
I added it all under my own. Nothing is under my partners but I'm not sure if I'm correct in doing that. Seeing as everything is somewhat involved with me I assume I'm right. I think the section with your partners name is just for the new system.

When did you apply for your 801 visa? 🙂
around 2 months ago... when i applied for the 820 though there wasnt a section for her, so all her stuff had to be uploaded under her own immi account.

did you upload any stuff for the 801 for proof of communication? its the only thing i havent

·
Registered
67 Posts
around 2 months ago... when i applied for the 820 though there wasnt a section for her, so all her stuff had to be uploaded under her own immi account.

did you upload any stuff for the 801 for proof of communication? its the only thing i havent
I did, i screenshotted texts, messages and facebook convos when were at work and out, i didnt add much :D like 5 pictures of texts and phone calls etc.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hello everyone - first off apologies to bring this to the waiting room - my initial thread didn't get any responses so hoping for a little more visibility here - and I really value your input - particularly folks who have spent time on the 820 and may be able to corroborate / dispel some of our assumptions below.

Please feel free to PM me / reply directly over here if you don't want to clutter the waiting room: https://www.australiaforum.com/visa...-visa-820-801-student-visa-485-820-801-a.html

This forum has been a great resource as my partner and I do some pre-reading and prepare to lay the groundwork to live and work in Australia permanently.

We have two main pathways ahead of us that we can see, and would really value any and all thoughts / any other pathways we might have missed!

Context:

-PrettyIsotonic is the potential sponsor and onshore.
-Current visa is a 485 (post-study stream) - expiring mid-March 2019.
-Awaiting decision for 190 (state sponsored) - lodged on 21 August 2018. Bridging Visa A inactive. Expected final decision (permanent residency grant) between December 2018 and June 2019 based on DHA global processing times.
-Came to Australia in February 2015 on a student visa that expired (was replaced by the 485) in March 2017.

-Applicant came to Australia in August 2017 on a student visa that is due to expire in March 2020 (expected graduation December 2019).

My partner and I met in January 2018, and our relationship has gradually deepened over the past few months.

We are moving in with each other early October 2018 (both names on lease), and have a joint bank account to which we make regular deposits.

We have ad-hoc evidence we are gathering to fulfill the various criteria of a genuine and ongoing relationship. We intend to slowly develop this body of evidence over the coming weeks / months.

As soon as a decision is made on my 190 visa which will grant me (the sponsor) permanent residency, we also intend to register our relationship.

Pathway 1

-Cohabitation begins early October 2018.
-Relationship registered between December 2018 and June 2019 (after potential sponsors 190 visa decision for permanent residency is finalised).
-Applicant graduates in 2019 (student visa expires March 2020).
-Applicant applies for a 485 visa which would expire around March 2022.
-We apply for a 820/801 visa immediately after 485 visa grant for applicant.

Thoughts we have here:
-Predictable/guaranteed work rights and ability to travel freely till at least March 2022.
-Potential PR for applicant only in 2024 (2+2 years from 485 grant in early 2020).
-Risk of changes to 485 visa (e.g. currently only those who applied for a student visa on or after 5 November 2011 are eligible - what about future changes?).

Pathway 2

-Cohabitation begins early October 2018.
-Relationship registered between December 2018 and June 2019 (after potential sponsors 190 visa decision for permanent residency is finalised).
-We apply for a 820/801 visa immediately after potential sponsor gets permanent residency via 190 visa.

Thoughts we have here:
-Unsure of student visa to 820/801 visa process and transition; don't want to jeopardise degree attainment. We understand 820 has full working and study rights though.
-Likelihood of Bridging Visa A becoming active for applicant after graduation is high given 820 processing times; potentially harder to enter the job market.
-Potential PR for applicant earlier: e.g. by 2022 (2+2 years from grant of 190 visa for permanent residency for sponsor).

--

Thanks for reading team :)
My apology PrettyIsotonic, but I could not find any question in your post. So I guess the section that says "Thoughts we have here" is the question part. If I am mistaken, please feel free to correct me.

Reading your story, reminded me my own story and struggles we had to evaluate and come up with the best decision. I had three pathways: 1. Partner 2.Skilled 3. State Sponsor.
Unfortunately, we chose partner as the immigration website mislead us. If we could go back on time, we would undo it. We are great partners and we love each other. It is just the nature of the visa that causes us uncertainty, missing career and financial opportunities, and the stress it brought with itself.

The transition of student visa to 820 is pretty straight forward. I had a student visa when we applied for 820/801.
The student visa stays valid until its expiration date. If decision is made by then, 820 will be granted and student visa will be cancelled. Otherwise, a bridging visa will be issued and it carries all the rights and conditions of the last visa your partner holds. In either cases, the only thing your partner needs to do is to update the university and things stays the same. His insurance is another thing to consider, since he/she has overseas student insurance. You must apply for medicare instead.

Absolutely. Bridging visa is the worse visa one can have (including me) to join workforce. Even with the work experience and qualifications I have from the past, getting a full time job in the professional field was a big challenge. As one HR told me "the visa is highly risky and the HR job is to reduce risk". I got rejected by many just because of the bridging visa. Still with 820 many hiring agents ask "When will you get your PR" and they reject me on the answer. In addition to that, my partner and I got rejected by banks for joint home loan even I hold 820; worse, when my partner applied for single home loan after the rejections, bank reduced the loan amount dramatically just because of I exist as a partner.

If your partner is lucky, then he/she may get the PR earlier than 2+2. But there are many cases that pass way beyond 2+2. Unfortunately, partner visa is a battle field of politicians at the moment and things can go bad at any time.

Please don't think I am negative about it, but looking at your situation, I think you have better options to consider. For example, looking at visa 190, I am sure you are aware that you can include your partner in the application, and he/she can have the same right once you get your PR (he/she gets the PR as well). Or if your partner qualification is in SOL, skilled immigration may help him to get his PR even faster. Or state sponsor, etc. I think you better consult with an immigration agent (better, multiple agents) to choose the best pathway that gets you PR faster than 2+2.

Good luck
Dear appguy (and lurkers) - hope you get a notification and a chance to read this post:

Thank you so very much for sharing your personal experience, the first-hand experience was essential in us getting some insight into the various bits and bobs of scenario mapping we were doing.

In the end we opted to not go for 820/801 at all, and as you suggested, added my partner to my pending 190 skilled visa application (in Nov 2018 via Form 1436), and we both just got our visas granted yesterday (March 2019), instead of opting for the 2+2 year route and the temporary / bridging visa challenges you highlighted.

Thank you for taking the time to pen down that post that you did my friend, my partner and I are extremely grateful - it was our first exposure to the fact that there might be another pathway worth considering - and we are so relieved and happy it worked out.

We were fortunate to have a MARA agent who guided us in the process as you suggested as well :)

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
104 Posts
Today I browsed though the 801 check list on Home Affairs website and found that I had to fill out a Form 1022 - Notification of changes in circumstances, as I got married after 820. My partner and I both felt the form was quite unnecessary because a marriage certificate would obviously say it all. Anyway I quickly completed the form and uploaded it.

Hopefully no one else has overlooked the form if they got married in between 820 and 801.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys newbie here can anyone please help explain the 820/801 visa process. How long after the 820 is granted does the 801 get granted is this a 2 stage process? I was advised the 801 is granted by 24months after the original application date but after much research it seems no that's your eligibility date to apply for the 801 and it's a further 12months after that.

We are married couple if that makes any difference when we applied.

Timeline

Applied for 820/801 April 2017
Granted 820 August 2018
(Until notified that subclass 801 has been decided or the application is withdrawn)

Thanks

3261 - 3280 of 5666 Posts