9,033 Posts
Reactions: Jamesy

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Hi everyone,
My submitted date for 820: 13 nov 2014
And 820 granted on 15 feb 2016
I sent an email to asked whether I eligible to apply for my 801 visa last year Sept 2016. They replied me that I had to wait for the 2 years email. But until now April 2017 I haven't heard anything from the immigration yet?
Can anyone tell me why?
You do NOT have to wait for their email (it's likely at this point that it wound up in your spam folder, they had the wrong email address, or something else happened). You are eligible to apply for the 801 exactly two years after you APPLIED for the 820, so for you that was November 2016. You are well past your eligibility date at this point - you can definitely go ahead and apply!

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
2 Posts
You do NOT have to wait for their email (it's likely at this point that it wound up in your spam folder, they had the wrong email address, or something else happened). You are eligible to apply for the 801 exactly two years after you APPLIED for the 820, so for you that was November 2016. You are well past your eligibility date at this point - you can definitely go ahead and apply!
As I applied through online immi account, do you have any idea how to I open a new application or continue the next stage of my application?

·
Registered
9 Posts
A question for those who have recently been granted their 801 (PR).

When my 820 come through, i got the email at 5.47pm Perth time and it come from a letter generator email address.

I read somewhere that they process all the 801's over in Melbourne so was wondering what times people have been receiving the email that the visa has been granted?
Hi,

My wife got hers late afternoon at about 4:30pm, an hour after I had a call from immigration. We hadn't heard anything for 15 months and boom, got a call and grant within an hour of each other. Her past grant came through at 7:30am though lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi,

My wife got hers late afternoon at about 4:30pm, an hour after I had a call from immigration. We hadn't heard anything for 15 months and boom, got a call and grant within an hour of each other. Her past grant came through at 7:30am though lol
Wow, that's great. At least they are clearing up some people who have been waiting too long. But it must have been a nice surprise to wake up to.

Champagne breakfast anyone?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow, that's great. At least they are clearing up some people who have been waiting too long. But it must have been a nice surprise to wake up to.

Champagne breakfast anyone?
Yeah lol. If I recall correctly the CO actually remarked that the dept was having issues with a backlog. The 801 came through at 4:30pm and 820 at 7:30am. The 801 did a number on our nerves as when they tried to call initially neither of us had a phone turned on, so my wife got an email about them wanting to chat asap. I called them and they asked a few standard questions, said they were finalising and an hour later BOOM! 801 GRANT! We were and still are crazy excited :D

Celebrated by ordering pizza haha!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Everyone,
When I applied for 820 visa one of the required documents was statement regarding the history of our relationship, and I have used ordinary writing paper and detailed our relationship history since we have first met till we applied for 820.
Now I am in the process of applying for 801 visa and based on the DIBP website one of the required documents is Statutory Declarations from Applicant (not required for online applications) and another from Sponsor
I have found this form from DIBP website and I will use it:

https://www.border.gov.au/LegacyPagesandAboutUs/Documents/stat_dec_sponsor.pdf

and as you can see it ask to describe the following
financial commitments
nature of your household
the social aspects of your relationship
the nature of your commitment

So, there is no need to describe the history of the relationship for this stage?
Do you have any ideas or keyword for the above topics, I know every relationship is different and I have evidence for all aspect of relationship but I am struggling on putting them in proper English, should they be a paragraph or just a list of things?

Thanks in advance

=====================
PMV Applied: Jun 2013
PMV Granted : May 2015
820 Applied : Jun 2015
820 Granted: Jul 2015

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
As I applied through online immi account, do you have any idea how to I open a new application or continue the next stage of my application?
You just log into your same ImmiAccount and look for the application called something along the lines of Partner visa application - information for permanent stage processing. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll log into mine and see if I can give you more detailed navigation instructions, but I remember it being pretty easy to find. :)

Reactions: lilpenguinlost

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I was preparing for my application and I accidentally clicked 'Submit' (on 08/04/2017). However, my eligibility date is on 25/04/2017. I got the Generic Letter inviting to apply for the second stage visa in February 2017,

I am wondering whether I need to withdraw the application and do it again? or should I advise someone in writing?

The application is ready to go. However I have yet submitted any further documents to support my application. I thought if I hit "Submit" I could start adding documents to my application prior to eligibility date but the application has now been submitted to the department.

Help :-(
Shayne.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone I am a first time poster.
I am wondering if there's anyone else in my situation
I was eligible to apply for my 2nd stage partner visa 801 in April 2016 but due to a complicated pregnancy and having my first baby in may it delayed my application and I applied in July 2016 does anyone know is it a 16-20 month delay with processing from application or eligibility. I really hope my visa is granted soon as my contract in work is due for renewal in two months and within my work it costs a lot of money for the training required to keep me there and without permanent residency I'm not sure they will see me as an investment and more of a risk. Very stressed and counting the days :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
After 4 years of unemployment by husband was offered a really good Government (lol) job this afternoon at about 3.30 pm.

As a joke I checked Vevo at 4.

Our 801 was granted today.

Applied 26 June 2016.

Feeling light headed at the moment.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Our eligibility date was 25 June 2016, we submitted the application on 26 June 2016. Approved today, 11 April 2017, so about 9 and a half months.

All we can think of that made our assessment a bit quicker was we never updated the information once it was submitted. Once the application was in, we never sent anything else to DIBP. We are also low risk, married 3 years, together 7 years now so all the dots joined together for one happy afternoon.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Hello everyone I am a first time poster.
I am wondering if there's anyone else in my situation
I was eligible to apply for my 2nd stage partner visa 801 in April 2016 but due to a complicated pregnancy and having my first baby in may it delayed my application and I applied in July 2016 does anyone know is it a 16-20 month delay with processing from application or eligibility. I really hope my visa is granted soon as my contract in work is due for renewal in two months and within my work it costs a lot of money for the training required to keep me there and without permanent residency I'm not sure they will see me as an investment and more of a risk. Very stressed and counting the days :)
Quoted times are from eligibility date, not application date. Good news for you! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
After 4 years of unemployment by husband was offered a really good Government (lol) job this afternoon at about 3.30 pm.

Applied 26 June 2016.

Congratulations!! That must have been a moment of disbelief there for a second while it sank in, really pleased your husband can get that great job :)

·
Registered
32 Posts

Applied 26 June 2016.

Such great news J&F!!! That's reassuring to know. I am more hopeful that the wait will be over soon. :)

Hope you're having a great night celebrating!

Reactions: J&F

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Guys, after searching on google for some time, I think that I have finally found a good forum to find answers to questions regarding 820 visa for my wife. I am a Permanent resident here (189 visa) and got married after I got PR. My wife has been with me in Australia on Visitor's visa for nearly 4 months.

Since most of you guys have already gone through 820 visa stage, I think you might be the right people to answer my following questions:
1. Are there separate waiting queues for people from different nationalities for 820 visa?
2. Does DIBP waive off waiting period for 820 visa for any special case if we explain them?

21 - 40 of 5755 Posts