Australia Forum banner

5021 - 5040 of 5757 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all

On the topic of the 820/801 'staged' application/granting system:

I recall being advised that if the applicant meets certain relationship requirements (i.e. shared finances, household) for 3 years from the time of processing of their 820, they become eligible for fast tracking to 801.

Does anyone have information about this? This is in my consultation notes from a migration agent I saw for one appointment in the lead up to my 820 submission, over 2 years ago.

My partner and I have been together since Nov 2016, and have lived together since Mar 2017. Our 820 was applied for in Apr 2018 and granted in Nov 2019. I have submitted the 801 application this month, but am wondering if there is a recourse to draw attention to the duration of our continuing relationship in order to fast-track assessment of the 801?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

It seems that we got assigned a different officer in 801 from 820. Do we need to upload the documents we have uploaded in 820 in the 801 application? Could we re-used the 888 form uploaded in 820 application so we don't have to bother our friends again?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I have a question! I have my partner visa 820 for 2 years and I received the email from immigration that I can now apply for permanent residency, but my partner doesn't want to help me with papers because he thinks I will leave him after I "get my permanent visa". He is using my visa status as a way of complete manipulation!

How long can a person stay in Australia on an 820partner visa without applying for 801 visa?

Thank you

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi! I have a question! I have my partner visa 820 for 2 years and I received the email from immigration that I can now apply for permanent residency, but my partner doesn't want to help me with papers because he thinks I will leave him after I "get my permanent visa". He is using my visa status as a way of complete manipulation!

How long can a person stay in Australia on an 820partner visa without applying for 801 visa?

Thank you
The point of applying for a partner visa is to live with your partner in a genuine and ongoing relationship. The visa you apply for is a Partner Visa and it's final outcome is permanent residency.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We got our approval for 801 today. Applied without an agent.

Here is our timeline

820 Applied - 31 Dec 2017
820 Granted - 24 July 2018
801 Applied - 31 Dec 2019
801 Granted - 7 May 2020

Thank you everyone who interacted with us and provided answers when needed. Cheers.:)

·
Registered
6,181 Posts

Thank you
I saw one who had a reminder after about a year, and given a few weeks to update before they decided the refuse or grant the 801.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi I applied 820/801 in one application in May 2018 and still waiting after 24 months.....used agent to lodge my application....all evidences are well updated including April 2020 bills...what do u think...thankd

·
Registered
10 Posts

Here is our timeline

801 Granted - 7 May 2020

Thank you everyone who interacted with us and provided answers when needed. Cheers.
Many congratulations 🎉!! Thank you for sharing your timeline. What's your nationality?

·
Registered
10 Posts

Here is our timeline

801 Granted - 7 May 2020

Thank you everyone who interacted with us and provided answers when needed. Cheers.
Many congratulations 🎉!! Thank you for sharing your timeline. What's your nationality?

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Hi,

It seems that we got assigned a different officer in 801 from 820. Do we need to upload the documents we have uploaded in 820 in the 801 application? Could we re-used the 888 form uploaded in 820 application so we don't have to bother our friends again?

Thanks
The 888s are to confirm your current relationship, from the grant of 820 to the current date.

So are some other required documents, proof that your relationship has continued past the 820, and is still current.

It is normal to have different case officers at different stages of a visa.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Woohooo, granted 801 this morning.

Timeline:

Applied 801/820 11/05/2018
CO asks for more details 11/07/2019
Granted 820 29/08/2019
Granted 801 11/05/2020

So a nice quick 2 year grant. Those saying how did you get so quickly, I work for WA gov. I sent a couple emails from my work email asking for fast processing due to covid situation. My job couldn't offer me perm work unless i was 801, and I was on my last extension so was a little nervous of employment after extension finished.

Got an email back saying they couldn't grant early as no regulations for my situation. Come this morning I find this grant sitting there in my inbox.

Good luck all those still waiting. I have a feeling there will be many more coming soon.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Timeline:

Granted 820 29/08/2019
Granted 801 11/05/2020

So a nice quick 2 year grant. Those saying how did you get so quickly, I work for WA gov. I sent a couple emails from my work email asking for fast processing due to covid situation. My job couldn't offer me perm work unless i was 801, and I was on my last extension so was a little nervous of employment after extension finished.

Got an email back saying they couldn't grant early as no regulations for my situation. Come this morning I find this grant sitting there in my inbox.

Good luck all those still waiting. I have a feeling there will be many more coming soon.
Congrats..so happy for u

·
Registered
80 Posts

Timeline:

Granted 820 29/08/2019
Granted 801 11/05/2020

Congrats to you. Have a good day

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats....do you because you work for WA gov that os why they give you.
I don't think its primarily for that reason, however circumstances and proof/evidence offered in my application probably were the main reason. It probably helped, but I doubt it was "oh he works for gov, grant the visa"

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is great...can you give us a hint of what type of evidence do u think it helped.thanks
I have been a volunteer firefighter out in rural WA for a year and a bit now which I sent in evidence of, and uploaded my job contracts to prove I needed quick processing. Just applied for a mortgage to buy/build a house with my partner so uploaded that documentation. Basically without realizing until my application, I have actively been part of my community and contributed . A large part of getting early grants is I currently live out Bush about 9 hours out of Perth and finding work is difficult unless you know people. Uploaded proof of a wedding venue booking/deposit.

These are some of the things I uploaded and documented.

·
Registered
89 Posts

Timeline:

Granted 820 29/08/2019
Granted 801 11/05/2020

Congratulations, exactly 2 years from application. It is as though they saw everything checked out and set a reminder and granted it the day you became eligible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations, exactly 2 years from application. It is as though they saw everything checked out and set a reminder and granted it the day you became eligible.
Yes this is exactly how I read it too. I think last month when I emailed them, that was when the application was looked at, but due to regulations they couldn't actually grant at that time

5021 - 5040 of 5757 Posts