Australia Forum banner

5581 - 5600 of 5683 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's increased to 16 - 22 months now :(
This week I saw a post on another forum from a migration agent who said that IMMI had just announced that they had set a deadline to process 70,000 partner visa applications by June 2021.

So, I'm not sure why the processing time has gone up. I tried to google some more information about that announcement, but I could not find anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes that's right they decided start off this financial year to up the quota to 70k ish. Before it was around 42k. So that's a big improvement. Now they just got to do it quick haha

It's increased to 16 - 22 months now
This week I saw a post on another forum from a migration agent who said that IMMI had just announced that they had set a deadline to process 70,000 partner visa applications by June 2021.

So, I'm not sure why the processing time has gone up. I tried to google some more information about that announcement, but I could not find anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes that's right they decided start off this financial year to up the quota to 70k ish. Before it was around 42k. So that's a big improvement. Now they just got to do it quick haha
It seems like they have started off by granting a bunch of 820's, so hopefully, they will be moving onto the 801's very soon!

·
Registered
6,124 Posts

Processing times might be higher as they are finalising more, with some being older applications. Consequently some of the faster 75% would have been applied for up to 16 months ago, even though others might have taken just a few months.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your analyzes are always on point and reassuring ! You're a star thanks

Processing times might be higher as they are finalising more, with some being older applications. Consequently some of the faster 75% would have been applied for up to 16 months ago, even though others might have taken just a few months.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Her is a link https://www.titanmigration.com.au/news/the-big-changes-to-partner-visas-in-2021

I amconcerned that it might only apply to stage one, (820) of the application? It would be helpful if it was to include the 801 too Fingers crossed for all of us though.

Slightly concerning is the paragraph, "Australian citizen or permanent resident sponsor will need to lodge their sponsorship. This will need to be approved first before their partner can lodge their partner visa application. This will mean that the time taken to lodge a partner visa application will be delayed by the sponsorship process".

I guess that us, whom are awaiting news for 820/801 are sitting better than those who wish to apply and are affected by the changes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This query is out of context but I would be grateful if can get some info.

If one wants to continue studying,Is there any acedemic fee changes after getting 820 from student visa or no?

TIA

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I amconcerned that it might only apply to stage one, (820) of the application? It would be helpful if it was to include the 801 too Fingers crossed for all of us though.
I think it only applies to 820 and 309 visas.

The 2019-20 Migration program showed 37,118 partner visa outcomes, and only counted the subclass 309 and subclass 820.
This is based on the wording used: "Activity includes provisional (first stage) permanent migration applications only"

The 2020-21 Migration program planning level shows 72,300 partner visas from the Family total of 77,300.

Presumably the extra 40,000 will be the 309 and 820s again.

Reactions: Topper

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think it only applies to 820 and 309 visas.

The 2019-20 Migration program showed 37,118 partner visa outcomes, and only counted the subclass 309 and subclass 820.
This is based on the wording used: "Activity includes provisional (first stage) permanent migration applications only"

The 2020-21 Migration program planning level shows 72,300 partner visas from the Family total of 77,300.

Presumably the extra 40,000 will be the 309 and 820s again.
Well played again, JandE.
I always appreciate your valued input.
Have a wonderful weekend.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
So it is a bad news for 801 applications right? 😞 it's been increased to 16 months now 😞
Not for all the 801 applicants.
74% of those finalised, during February 2021, were granted the 801 in under 16 months. But 26% of those finalised took 16 months or over.

That figure under 16 months includes 801 grants such as a recent one that was processed in 4 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,
I am just hoping you can please help out with my below queries on 801 visa.

Sponsor statutory declaration

4 - "That our relationship began in ________ and we have lived together for
-------"

1 - Is the relationship date the same as the 820 "Date applicant and sponsor
committed to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others" or the date we actually got married on?

It shows spousal relationship commenced in the side footnote (hard to find a clear definition)

2 - Secondly, we lived together ~9 months prior to committing (date we got engaged and wrote in the 820), so im assuming this date will be used.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
118 Posts
my agent say to put began as in the beginning of your relationship.. so it should be the date u both start being together.. and living together is well.. living together..

so example would be our relationship begin in 2015 and we lived together for 3 years..

Hi there,

-------"

committed to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others" or the date we actually got married on?

It shows spousal relationship commenced in the side footnote (hard to find a clear definition)

2 - Secondly, we lived together ~9 months prior to committing (date we got engaged and wrote in the 820), so im assuming this date will be used.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Hi there,

-------"

Thank you in advance
Definitely the date before you got married, as you say you were living together before that. The date you started living together, in the same way that a married couple might, would be a good date. Some people can justify an earlier date.

We used the date we moved in together, and literally put: That our relationship began in 2014 and we have lived together for 4 years.
At that point we had been married for 2 years.

Requirement states:
4. That our relationship began in [Insert the year your spousal relationship commenced.] and we have lived together for [Insert number of months or years.]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Definitely the date before you got married, as you say you were living together before that. The date you started living together, in the same way that a married couple might, would be a good date. Some people can justify an earlier date.

We used the date we moved in together, and literally put: That our relationship began in 2014 and we have lived together for 4 years.
At that point we had been married for 2 years.

Requirement states:
4. That our relationship began in [Insert the year your spousal relationship commenced.] and we have lived together for [Insert number of months or years.]
G'Day JandE.
Whilst reading your reply I paid attention to your timeline below.
You're due the citizenship test tomorrow. Hoping that you take a brolly with you !!!!
Just to wish you good luck and thank you again for your input on this forum.
Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Okay this is some great news!! Congrats!!

62 days since I lodged

QUOTE=Antor;2011697]
Hopefully some good news soon. Let us know how you go 👍🏼
801 granted today, March 25th 2021!

Submitted application December 22nd 2020.

Best of luck with yours, it too is coming soon
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is amazing !! Congrats !
Hopefully they are all done in 4 months. That is giving so much hope, hopefully my turn next month ! Thanks for sharing
Hopefully some good news soon. Let us know how you go 👍🏼
801 granted today, March 25th 2021!

Submitted application December 22nd 2020.

Best of luck with yours, it too is coming soon

5581 - 5600 of 5683 Posts