Australia Forum banner

5621 - 5640 of 5683 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
The processing times are normally calculated from the date 2 years after the date you applied for the 820.

The times they show are actual times for the previous month.

For example:
  • Feb 2021: 16-22 = 75% took up to 16 months. 10% took over 22 months.
  • Jan 2021: 12-21 = 75% took up to 12 months. 10% took over 21 months.
  • Dec 2020: 11-20 = 75% took up to 11 months. 10% took over 20 months.
and last year:
  • Feb 2020: 11-22 = 75% took up to 11 months. 10% took over 22 months.
  • Jan 2020: 12-20 = 75% took up to 12 months. 10% took over 20 months.
  • Dec 2019: 12-19 = 75% took up to 12 months. 10% took over 19 months.
Thanks a ton for clearing things out! Now im not confused anymore haha, regardless I applied in Dec 2020 I should stick to the latest estimated processing time of February right?

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Thanks a ton for clearing things out! Now im not confused anymore haha, regardless I applied in Dec 2020 I should stick to the latest estimated processing time of February right?
I think its best to work with those times, and all the better if it is done earlier. The average is less than the first figure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I got my 820 last month. Now for 801, should I apply via the immiaccount page (creating new application) or I should wait till they let me know,

Thanks
Mel,

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Hi,
I got my 820 last month. Now for 801, should I apply via the immiaccount page (creating new application) or I should wait till they let me know,

Thanks
Mel,
You should start the 801 second stage application anytime after 23 months from the date you applied for the 820.

We never received a notification to submit. We just did it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should start the 801 second stage application anytime after 23 months from the date you applied for the 820.

We never received a notification to submit. We just did it.
Thanks for your reply. Regarding that it's 14 months after my application, do you suggest I open the new application NOW and upload new documents?
Cheers
Mel,

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Regarding that it's 14 months after my application, do you suggest I open the new application NOW and upload new documents?
Cheers
Mel,
I assume you mean 14 months after the subclass 820 application date.
That would be pointless, as they say you can't apply until after 23 months from the date you applied for the 820.

If you do try, you will enter some information and then you will reach a point where that application will be stopped, and you will need to start again after 23 months from the date you applied for the 820.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I assume you mean 14 months after the subclass 820 application date.
That would be pointless, as they say you can't apply until after 23 months from the date you applied for the 820.

If you do try, you will enter some information and then you will reach a point where that application will be stopped, and you will need to start again after 23 months from the date you applied for the 820.
Thanks for it. Yes, it's 14 months after my application for 820. So I need to wait another 7 month till I open the application for 801. Is that correct in your idea?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I’ve been back reading and I had somehow answered my question but just wanted someone to confirm it.haha

so I lodge my application for 820 last Feb 2019
And got granted Jan 25, 2021. Do I have to wait for any case officer to email me to lodge my 801 or I could just go ahead and do it on my own?

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Hi! I’ve been back reading and I had somehow answered my question but just wanted someone to confirm it.haha

so I lodge my application for 820 last Feb 2019
And got granted Jan 25, 2021. Do I have to wait for any case officer to email me to lodge my 801 or I could just go ahead and do it on my own?
You don't need to wait, you can lodge now, in fact anytime from January 2021 (23 months after the 820 was lodged) would have been OK.

We didn't wait for a request, and lodged at about 26 months after the 820 was lodged. We never received a request.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Processing times might be higher as they are finalising more, with some being older applications. Consequently some of the faster 75% would have been applied for up to 16 months ago, even though others might have taken just a few months.
Hi,

My partner and I have been waiting for 16months now since we applied 801. We have been reading the posts and seems like most of them have theirs granted within a few months. Has anyone been waiting for more than 16months at all?

Thank you!

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Hi,

My partner and I have been waiting for 16months now since we applied 801. We have been reading the posts and seems like most of them have theirs granted within a few months. Has anyone been waiting for more than 16months at all?

Thank you!
The ones you are seeing might be those who had the 100 granted quickly as it was eligible at the same time as their 820. This is normally done the same day, but sometimes a week or so later, if it was missed on the grant day.

In February, 25% of the finalisations took over 16 months. 75% took up to 16 months.

I would guess there are still quite a number waiting over 16 months.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would be so sad if i have to wait 16 months to be honest. My partner and I have been together for 3 yrs when we lodge our 820 application back in 2019. Did not receive a double grant but did get our 820 after 13months. And now two years is up we finally submitted our 801. We are now together for 5 years + and if we gotta wait for 16 months or more it would be so unfair.. I have seen people who were on the facebook groups getting double grants in less than 2 years. Not married no wills no relationship registration no kids.. what can we do to eventually speed up the process? in case i dont get it in 12 months or so? sigh

The ones you are seeing might be those who had the 100 granted quickly as it was eligible at the same time as their 820. This is normally done the same day, but sometimes a week or so later, if it was missed on the grant day.

In February, 25% of the finalisations took over 16 months. 75% took up to 16 months.

I would guess there are still quite a number waiting over 16 months.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
My partner and I have been together for 3 yrs when we lodge our 820 application back in 2019. Did not receive a double grant but did get our 820 after 13months.
Did you submit a request for the 100 consideration after you got the 309?
Sometimes they miss it, and need a reminder.
Maybe you could mention it now?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I became eligible on same date and submitted my application a bit over a week ago. Today decided email my case officer to see if that would speed up thinks. lol

That's awesome!

I have question though because I'm thinking to send them email as well.
Did you send an email to case officer who granted your 820? Or you just sent general "Partner (Permanent) Processing Centres Enquiry Form" through Immi website?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone

I just received s56 request for more information from the department regarding my partner visa onshore application. They asked for my health examination and mor evidence on my relationship prior to lodgement. Health examination was already booked, however for more evidence I already uploaded every single document that is required, I satisfied every aspect.

Do they mean updated evidence? Because I can upload updated evidence, I have it all. But it's frustrating that it goes "evidence prior to applying for this visa" in their mail.

I don't know what to do at this point. I'm open to any professional help from migration agents and ready to work with them.

If someone can help me asap, as I only have 28 days to upload these documents.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's awesome!

I have question though because I'm thinking to send them email as well.
Did you send an email to case officer who granted your 820? Or you just sent general "Partner (Permanent) Processing Centres Enquiry Form" through Immi website?

Thanks.
Hey! Last Friday I sent an email directly to case officer (email came from his personal work email address) who granted my 820, back then my visa got approved within 24hrs after sending that email. However this time around I haven't heard back regards granting 801 visa. I emailed this morning general address: [email protected] if that would be faster or something...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello everyone

I just received s56 request for more information from the department regarding my partner visa onshore application. They asked for my health examination and mor evidence on my relationship prior to lodgement. Health examination was already booked, however for more evidence I already uploaded every single document that is required, I satisfied every aspect.

Do they mean updated evidence? Because I can upload updated evidence, I have it all. But it's frustrating that it goes "evidence prior to applying for this visa" in their mail.

I don't know what to do at this point. I'm open to any professional help from migration agents and ready to work with them.

If someone can help me asap, as I only have 28 days to upload these documents.

Thank you in advance

Hi BlueberryCutInHalf,

I completely understand it's a very frustrating process for partner visa. May I know, they requested info for your 801 application?
As per my understanding, "more evidence on my relationship prior to lodgement/evidence prior to applying for this visa" They would want to see more evidence regrading your relationship from when your relationship with your partner started until the date you lodged your 820/801 application in more details. My idea of evidence would be:
  • joint trips (hotel booking, invoices, flight tickets)
  • communications between you two (WhatsApp, email, messages)
  • photo together, with friend/family
  • statement describe how you guys knew each other, how relationship develop, print and signed by you and your partner.
  • put them together in word, in year order from when your relationship started to date of lodgement.

I believe you did provide above evidence already, however; you could go deeper in details.
I hope this could help you a bit.
Please note I'm not migration agent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey! Last Friday I sent an email directly to case officer (email came from his personal work email address) who granted my 820, back then my visa got approved within 24hrs after sending that email. However this time around I haven't heard back regards granting 801 visa. I emailed this morning general address: [email protected] if that would be faster or something...

Hi, thank you so much for sharing.
I'm thinking to send to both partner.temporary.qld@homeaffairs.gov.au (in my case) and enquiry form. I will share with you guys whether I heard anything back from them or not.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Did you submit a request for the 100 consideration after you got the 309?
Sometimes they miss it, and need a reminder.
Maybe you could mention it now?
No i didnt request for 801 when i got my 820 because i applied through agent and my agent didnt mention it. He simply said sometimes you just dont get double grant. Therefore we waited for 2 yrs to be up and den pay my agent again to apply for stage 2. So now its been 1 month since we applied for 801.

How do i mention it and who do i actually contact?

5621 - 5640 of 5683 Posts