Australia Forum banner

5661 - 5666 of 5666 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
What grounds did you explain, in your request for a fast 801?
That our relationship and future plans has developed exactly as we described on initial 820 application 2 years ago (marriage, moved interstate, building a house) but they main focus is that because I'm TR I can't apply for home loan together so PR status would change that and career wise it would benefit me a lot when on PR status and I want to start studying soon again and of course domestic fees are lot less than international etc...

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Many of the recent, apparently fast, 801 grants, were actually late, and should have been granted at the same time as the 820, based on relationship length. Immigration do appear to be a bit more lenient with the normal 2 or 3 years relationship requirement. How long was yours before you lodged the 820?

In February, 75% of the 801s took up to 16 months and 10% took over 22 months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Many of the recent, apparently fast, 801 grants, were actually late, and should have been granted at the same time as the 820, based on relationship length. Immigration do appear to be a bit more lenient with the normal 2 or 3 years relationship requirement. How long was yours before you lodged the 820?

In February, 75% of the 801s took up to 16 months and 10% took over 22 months.
Yeah I'm following FB group too where 95% of the post are double grants atm so not surprised about this.. Hence why I thought I would sent emails just to see if that would make any difference as we did not meet with that long-term requirement at the time of initial 820 lodgment.
It would just have a huge financial impact on us if I would get PR now when my husband is in final stages of getting full approval for home loan instead of later going through refinancing process..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone received a call from DFAT under the number (02) 6261 1111? My partner left her phone today at home and we just noticed we received three missed call from this number? Wondering if it's genuine given I've searched the number around and it feels like a SCAM? 25 Complaints for (02) 6261 1111 in Australia 0262611111 1/2

Do they call through no number normally or through this number? We will call back tomorrow but would be good to know whether this is a SCAM or not..

Incidentally, we did receive an update in our immi account that we need to provide notarised birth certificate (which we did, not sure why they ask this again?). Should we provide the same document or something different?

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Has anyone received a call from DFAT under the number (02) 6261 1111? My partner left her phone today at home and we just noticed we received three missed call from this number? Wondering if it's genuine given I've searched the number around and it feels like a SCAM? 25 Complaints for (02) 6261 1111 in Australia 0262611111 1/2

Do they call through no number normally or through this number? We will call back tomorrow but would be good to know whether this is a SCAM or not..

Incidentally, we did receive an update in our immi account that we need to provide notarised birth certificate (which we did, not sure why they ask this again?). Should we provide the same document or something different?
(02) 6261 1111 is the number for DFAT (Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade)
DFAT provides consular and passport services to Australian Citizens overseas, as well as developing and implementing foreign, trade and development policy.
dfat.gov.au

The Department of Home Affairs administers Australia’s Immigration and Citizenship Programs.
immi.homeaffairs.gov.au

My guess is that the scammer that called you used the wrong department name. They often display a genuine number, but that isn't the number they called you from.

Be aware of scammers who impersonate the Department of Home Affairs by phoning on our behalf or copying one of our websites.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Have a look at this DFAT website

DFAT is aware of a phone scam involving a caller seeking confirmation of immigration status. The caller is asking people to pay money to avoid having their Australian visa cancelled.

Please be aware that DFAT would never ask for payment to be made over the phone. Do not volunteer your details or pay any money in response.

5661 - 5666 of 5666 Posts