Australia Forum banner

5661 - 5680 of 5680 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
What grounds did you explain, in your request for a fast 801?
That our relationship and future plans has developed exactly as we described on initial 820 application 2 years ago (marriage, moved interstate, building a house) but they main focus is that because I'm TR I can't apply for home loan together so PR status would change that and career wise it would benefit me a lot when on PR status and I want to start studying soon again and of course domestic fees are lot less than international etc...

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Many of the recent, apparently fast, 801 grants, were actually late, and should have been granted at the same time as the 820, based on relationship length. Immigration do appear to be a bit more lenient with the normal 2 or 3 years relationship requirement. How long was yours before you lodged the 820?

In February, 75% of the 801s took up to 16 months and 10% took over 22 months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Many of the recent, apparently fast, 801 grants, were actually late, and should have been granted at the same time as the 820, based on relationship length. Immigration do appear to be a bit more lenient with the normal 2 or 3 years relationship requirement. How long was yours before you lodged the 820?

In February, 75% of the 801s took up to 16 months and 10% took over 22 months.
Yeah I'm following FB group too where 95% of the post are double grants atm so not surprised about this.. Hence why I thought I would sent emails just to see if that would make any difference as we did not meet with that long-term requirement at the time of initial 820 lodgment.
It would just have a huge financial impact on us if I would get PR now when my husband is in final stages of getting full approval for home loan instead of later going through refinancing process..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone received a call from DFAT under the number (02) 6261 1111? My partner left her phone today at home and we just noticed we received three missed call from this number? Wondering if it's genuine given I've searched the number around and it feels like a SCAM? 25 Complaints for (02) 6261 1111 in Australia 0262611111 1/2

Do they call through no number normally or through this number? We will call back tomorrow but would be good to know whether this is a SCAM or not..

Incidentally, we did receive an update in our immi account that we need to provide notarised birth certificate (which we did, not sure why they ask this again?). Should we provide the same document or something different?

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Has anyone received a call from DFAT under the number (02) 6261 1111? My partner left her phone today at home and we just noticed we received three missed call from this number? Wondering if it's genuine given I've searched the number around and it feels like a SCAM? 25 Complaints for (02) 6261 1111 in Australia 0262611111 1/2

Do they call through no number normally or through this number? We will call back tomorrow but would be good to know whether this is a SCAM or not..

Incidentally, we did receive an update in our immi account that we need to provide notarised birth certificate (which we did, not sure why they ask this again?). Should we provide the same document or something different?
(02) 6261 1111 is the number for DFAT (Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade)
DFAT provides consular and passport services to Australian Citizens overseas, as well as developing and implementing foreign, trade and development policy.
dfat.gov.au

The Department of Home Affairs administers Australia’s Immigration and Citizenship Programs.
immi.homeaffairs.gov.au

My guess is that the scammer that called you used the wrong department name. They often display a genuine number, but that isn't the number they called you from.

Be aware of scammers who impersonate the Department of Home Affairs by phoning on our behalf or copying one of our websites.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Have a look at this DFAT website

DFAT is aware of a phone scam involving a caller seeking confirmation of immigration status. The caller is asking people to pay money to avoid having their Australian visa cancelled.

Please be aware that DFAT would never ask for payment to be made over the phone. Do not volunteer your details or pay any money in response.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day, just some clarification. Is it necessary to attached 2 Form 888 to sublass 801 application? When I did fill-up the online application for 801 in IMMI it asked me to provide 2 witness. Just did my 801 couples week ago and thinking i will just submit 1 form 888 from our friend plus my husband statutory declaration. Will it affect the process? One of them are way too busy to do it because of her job. And what does it mean when the status is "Further assessment" is a caser officer already into it or its just a standard status for everyone.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Good day, just some clarification. Is it necessary to attached 2 Form 888 to sublass 801 application? When I did fill-up the online application for 801 in IMMI it asked me to provide 2 witness. Just did my 801 couples week ago and thinking i will just submit 1 form 888 from our friend plus my husband statutory declaration. Will it affect the process? One of them are way too busy to do it because of her job. And what does it mean when the status is "Further assessment" is a caser officer already into it or its just a standard status for everyone.
If you only submit one form 888, the process may be delayed until you submit the 2nd one required. They may eventually request it from you, at some later date.

From what I have seen, "Further assessment" for the 801 is automatic, from the eligibility date. But I don't trust those status things, as we had one at submitted, even after getting the grant once.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The processing times are normally calculated from the date 2 years after the date you applied for the 820.

The times they show are actual times for the previous month.

For example:
  • Feb 2021: 16-22 = 75% took up to 16 months. 10% took over 22 months.
  • Jan 2021: 12-21 = 75% took up to 12 months. 10% took over 21 months.
  • Dec 2020: 11-20 = 75% took up to 11 months. 10% took over 20 months.
and last year:
  • Feb 2020: 11-22 = 75% took up to 11 months. 10% took over 22 months.
  • Jan 2020: 12-20 = 75% took up to 12 months. 10% took over 20 months.
  • Dec 2019: 12-19 = 75% took up to 12 months. 10% took over 19 months.
Thanks for this but I'm a little confused.

820 - Granted June 2020
801 - Applied 5th Feb 2021 (was eligible from 25th January)

Still waiting. Is it up to 16 / 22 months from 5th February 2021 (the date I applied for 801)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for this but I'm a little confused.

820 - Granted June 2020
801 - Applied 5th Feb 2021 (was eligible from 25th January)

Still waiting. Is it up to 16 / 22 months from 5th February 2021 (the date I applied for 801)?

Yes, that's correct. 16-22 months processing time started from the date you submitted your 801 application
I applied for 801 three weeks ago and still waiting too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, that's correct. 16-22 months processing time started from the date you submitted your 801 application
I applied for 801 three weeks ago and still waiting too.
Thanks, I thought so but i was previously told by a migration agent that 801 processing time runs along side the 820? I wasn't expecting such a long wait after the 820.

Submitted 820 Feb 2019
820 Granted June 2020
801 Submitted Feb 2021

70 days since 801 submission. Front loaded with bills, 4 * 888 decs, tons of evidence.

So I could be waiting up to another 22 months for the 801 to be processed? Seems totally unfair when I've been in a relationship with my partner as long (if not longer) than people who are now getting double grants.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks, I thought so but i was previously told by a migration agent that 801 processing time runs along side the 820? I wasn't expecting such a long wait after the 820.

Submitted 820 Feb 2019
820 Granted June 2020
801 Submitted Feb 2021

70 days since 801 submission. Front loaded with bills, 4 * 888 decs, tons of evidence.

So I could be waiting up to another 22 months for the 801 to be processed? Seems totally unfair when I've been in a relationship with my partner as long (if not longer) than people who are now getting double grants.
It’s very unfair. I’ve been waiting 12 weeks today for my 801. Seeing two 801 grants on Facebook this morning gave me some hope, both granted in 3 months.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Submitted 820 Feb 2019
820 Granted June 2020
801 Submitted Feb 2021

So I could be waiting up to another 22 months for the 801 to be processed? Seems totally unfair when I've been in a relationship with my partner as long (if not loonger) than people who are now getting double grants.
Totally agree with you, one of my friends got double grants on de-facto relationship and just after around 18 months of waiting. This was like frustrated me completely hahaha.

I applied also around the same time as you.
820/801 lodged on March 2019.
820 granted December 2020
801 submitted on 30 March 2021. Still waiting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It’s very unfair. I’ve been waiting 12 weeks today for my 801. Seeing two 801 grants on Facebook this morning gave me some hope, both granted in 3 months.
Thanks for sharing. I too have hope that we could get PR grant in around 3 months but let's see.
Image below gave us good reference regarding processing time. I got it from here disclosure logs

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have passed my 3 months mark last week after applying for 801 early this year and trying to keep my hopes up !!

·
Registered
31 Posts
These are the official times quoted by Australian Immigration, for the subclass 801 Partner Visas finalised in each month.
  • Mar 2021: 13-21 = 75% took up to 13 months. 10% took over 21 months.

·
Registered
117 Posts
These are the official times quoted by Australian Immigration, for the subclass 801 Partner Visas finalised in each month.
  • Mar 2021: 13-21 = 75% took up to 13 months. 10% took over 21 months.
meaning 75% took less than 13 months?

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
meaning 75% took less than 13 months?
Yes, and based on other processing time examples, the average might have been about 9 months.

An example of times for a 15-19 period for visa processing showed an average of 11 months, with 25% taking under 9 months.

5661 - 5680 of 5680 Posts