Australia Forum banner

5701 - 5720 of 5820 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you hear anything back yet? I'm at 2.5 weeks since I sent the enquiry and still nothing. Considering using the complaint form now. Been 41 months since the initial 820/801 and 17 months since the 801 application. I really don't get why it's taking so long. We even got interviewed for the first part and got approved within minutes after. Not sure for anyone else, but this is taking a toll on us mentally. Sending good vibes and positive outcomes to everyone on the forum who's going through it atm 🙂
Hi,

Unfortunately no - it's really frustrating. We're in a same-sex de facto relationship and we're starting to think maybe that could be even one of the reasons. Or we're overthinking but being positive at the same time!
Is the enquiry form and complaint form different?

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Hi,

Unfortunately no - it's really frustrating. We're in a same-sex de facto relationship and we're starting to think maybe that could be even one of the reasons. Or we're overthinking but being positive at the same time!
I've seen some same-sex de facto relationships being processed very quickly.

I am assuming that the enquiry form is to enquire, and the complaint form is to complain that previous requests haven't resulted in anything, or to complain about case officers actions etc.

Enquiry Form
This service is only to be used to contact the Department in relation to a permanent partner application currently being processed.

Complaint Form
Complaints and suggestions helps us to refine and improve our policies, processes and systems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone with any experience with the Processing Centre Enquiry form?
How long did it take for you to hear back from them?
Send en enquiry last Monday and I still haven't heard anything back...
hi simoca, I'm filling out this enquiry form too, could i please ask you, where did you find the client ID and client number? I looked on the immi website, my application, and visa grant notice, just couldn't find the 11 digit number. Could you please advise me? Thank you very much.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I’m jus writing to whinge after days of seeing people getting double grant in less than 2 yrs .. seems like people who applied in 2020 are processing fast

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

I had the same thought as we're also in a same-sex relationship. But yeah I think we're overthinking it.

@milchmehr the ID is on the 820 grant letter and the number is at the top of your application in IMMI next to: "Partner visa application - information for permanent stage processing Reference Number:XXXXXXXX"

To think people who applied in 2020 are getting processed over us who applied in late 2017 is beyond infuriating. Trying to remain positive but this all feels very unfair. Hopefully, this gets sorted shortly and we all hear back with positive news pronto.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same thought as we're also in a same-sex relationship. But yeah I think we're overthinking it.

@milchmehr the ID is on the 820 grant letter and the number is at the top of your application in IMMI next to: "Partner visa application - information for permanent stage processing Reference Number:XXXXXXXX"

To think people who applied in 2020 are getting processed over us who applied in late 2017 is beyond infuriating. Trying to remain positive but this all feels very unfair. Hopefully, this gets sorted shortly and we all hear back with positive news pronto.
Totally agree, its so frustrating seeing these double grants be given so quickly. Theres people on 801 who have now been in relationships longer than those people who are getting double grants, yet 801 applications don't seem to be getting no where near as many processed. I cant see any logic in it what-so-ever. Would love to know from immigration what the reason for this is. You would think they would priorities 801 over 820's and 801 double grants to keep people in the country when so many people left due to COVID

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi there members.

This afternoon I received my 801 grant notification.
I am literally shaking like a leaf.

I wrote to DoHA on Friday lunchtime, through their Compliments/complaints form.
I received a telephone call about an hour ago which lasted just 5 minutes. I was told that I had been assigned a case officer. My partner then received a call and was asked a question, which was about our relationship.
Very shortly after that an e-mail came through with the grant.

This gives us all hope, and perhaps some other posters that have been waiting for a considerable time, might wish to go down the same path with their own enquiries?

820/801 application Sept 2018 -
820 approved June 2020
801 finalised 26/04/2021

JandE. I think that adding into the enquiry form that previous correspondence to DoHA had only been acknowledged with a generic reply may have helped? Who knows, but I wish to thank you for your answers and suggestions. Also, like every other poster on this thread, we read the advice given by paulhand, wrussell and others. So many thanks for their daily contributions.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi there members.

I received a telephone call about an hour ago which lasted just 5 minutes. I was told that I had been assigned a case officer. My partner then received a call and was asked a question, which was about our relationship.

This gives us all hope, and perhaps some other posters that have been waiting for a considerable time, might wish to go down the same path with their own enquiries?

820 approved June 2020
801 finalised 26/04/2021

JandE. I think that adding into the enquiry form that previous correspondence to DoHA had only been acknowledged with a generic reply may have helped? Who knows, but I wish to thank you for your answers and suggestions. Also, like every other poster on this thread, we read the advice given by paulhand, wrussell and others. So many thanks for their daily contributions.
Omg congratz!! Finally someone in this group getting grant! When did u submit ur 801? And what did u write in the form?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Omg congratz!! Finally someone in this group getting grant! When did u submit ur 801? And what did u write in the form?

Hi Pillow.
801 was submitted exactly August 2020.
I won't go into details about my enquiry, other than to say I expressed concern about the length of time it was taking to process, whilst other people were receiving their grants in much less time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Pillow.
801 was submitted exactly August 2020.
I won't go into details about my enquiry, other than to say I expressed concern about the length of time it was taking to process, whilst other people were receiving their grants in much less time.
Congratulations @Topper !! Did you lodge it as a Complaint or a Suggestion?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi there members.

820 approved June 2020
801 finalised 26/04/2021

Congratulations!! If you don't mind could you tell us the link to the form, please? Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congratulations @Topper !! Did you lodge it as a Complaint or a Suggestion?

Cheers simonca.
I used their own complaint/compliment form. At first it wouldn't allow me to submit it, but I persevered and change a small detail, (I think it was to do with choosing 'other' as an option to the final Q.)

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Hi there members.

820 approved June 2020
801 finalised 26/04/2021

Congratulations. Glad to hear you got it.
We had a similar phone call just before my wife's 801 grant. We were together in the house when they rang, so they were able to speak to us both at the same time very briefly.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi there members.

820 approved June 2020
801 finalised 26/04/2021

what was being ask on the phone? I wonder if most 801 get calls? Im so anxious now as I’m not allow phone during work hours :(

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
what was being ask on the phone? I wonder if most 801 get calls? Im so anxious now as I’m not allow phone during work hours :(
They asked me my name and if I was the sponsor. They asked my wife her name and date of birth.

Questions might vary.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there members.

820 approved June 2020
801 finalised 26/04/2021

Congratulations! Must be a huge weight lifted! When you lodged the complaint, what did you use as your client ID? I cant seem to find this number anywhere. Did you just use your application reference?

Thanks!

5701 - 5720 of 5820 Posts