Australia Forum banner

5721 - 5740 of 5820 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there members.

This afternoon I received my 801 grant notification.
I am literally shaking like a leaf.

I wrote to DoHA on Friday lunchtime, through their Compliments/complaints form.
I received a telephone call about an hour ago which lasted just 5 minutes. I was told that I had been assigned a case officer. My partner then received a call and was asked a question, which was about our relationship.
Very shortly after that an e-mail came through with the grant.

This gives us all hope, and perhaps some other posters that have been waiting for a considerable time, might wish to go down the same path with their own enquiries?

820/801 application Sept 2018 -
820 approved June 2020
801 finalised 26/04/2021

JandE. I think that adding into the enquiry form that previous correspondence to DoHA had only been acknowledged with a generic reply may have helped? Who knows, but I wish to thank you for your answers and suggestions. Also, like every other poster on this thread, we read the advice given by paulhand, wrussell and others. So many thanks for their daily contributions.
'
It says the Client ID should be on the top of your visa grant, but I cant find any number at the top of any of my visa grants... help!

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
They asked me my name and if I was the sponsor. They asked my wife her name and date of birth.

Questions might vary.

yup.
Name was asked and then if we are still in the relationship.
Still buzzing here, but also mindful of the stress others are having daily. I wish you all well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same thought as we're also in a same-sex relationship. But yeah I think we're overthinking it.

@milchmehr the ID is on the 820 grant letter and the number is at the top of your application in IMMI next to: "Partner visa application - information for permanent stage processing Reference Number:XXXXXXXX"

To think people who applied in 2020 are getting processed over us who applied in late 2017 is beyond infuriating. Trying to remain positive but this all feels very unfair. Hopefully, this gets sorted shortly and we all hear back with positive news pronto.
I feel ya! Have you tried using the complaint form? I am thinking to use it since I haven't heard from them still.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Guys, I've lodged my 801 application on Nov 2020 and the status is still received. Still a bit early in the waiting game but hopefully will get processed soon enough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Finally got my 801 approved.
Timeline:820 lodged March 2018
820 granted: September 2019
801 lodged: March 2020
801 granted: April 2021

·
Registered
126 Posts
Finally got my 801 approved.
Timeline:820 lodged March 2018
820 granted: September 2019
801 lodged: March 2020
801 granted: April 2021
wow rundleyan you've waited for more than 12 months for it since 801 lodgment! did you get any calls or did you write in to ask about ur application?

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
wow rundleyan you've waited for more than 12 months for it since 801 lodgment! did you get any calls or did you write in to ask about ur application?
12 months is probably about average.

In 2018/19 the average for the 801 was 14.4 months. I am not sure it has got much faster.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Granted!!!

I put in a request as Topper suggested. I was super polite, explained the situation that our case was straight forward. Woke up today to the grant!! Thanks Topper!!

820 - Granted June 2020
801 - Applied for Feb 2021
801 - Granted 70 days later

·
Registered
126 Posts
Granted!!!

I put in a request as Topper suggested. I was super polite, explained the situation that our case was straight forward. Woke up today to the grant!! Thanks Topper!!

820 - Granted June 2020
congratulation!! damn i lodge 801 with agent in march 2021 so i dont even know if i should be writing anything behind the agents back! :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
congratulation!! damn i lodge 801 with agent in march 2021 so i dont even know if i should be writing anything behind the agents back! :(
I applied end of Jan with agent. Think I’ll wait for 4 months and then ask my agent for advice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I applied end of Jan with agent. Think I’ll wait for 4 months and then ask my agent for advice.
it does seems like theres a start of the 2019 stage 1 lodgement / 2021 stage 2 lodgement starting to get their 801 grant recently.. or im jus imagining things... update us if u ask ur agent! i know mine will get annoyed for some reason...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Granted!!!

820 - Granted June 2020
Interesting. It's just been two months since you lodged your 801, what sped up the process?
I did the same thing as what Topper did, under "suggestions" however their response was im still within the global processing time (kinda their template response). My reason was we recently bought a property and since im not PR yet, we were only limited to three banks. More bank options would help us better with our home loan financing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
it does seems like theres a start of the 2019 stage 1 lodgement / 2021 stage 2 lodgement starting to get their 801 grant recently.. or im jus imagining things... update us if u ask ur agent! i know mine will get annoyed for some reason...
seeing lots of grants for 801 under 4 months so I’ll just wait for now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Interesting. It's just been two months since you lodged your 801, what sped up the process?
I did the same thing as what Topper did, under "suggestions" however their response was im still within the global processing time (kinda their template response). My reason was we recently bought a property and since im not PR yet, we were only limited to three banks. More bank options would help us better with our home loan financing.
Replying to myself.. OMG I got my 801 grant today!
Just a day after they told me im still within the processing times.

820 - Dec 2018 lodged
820 grant - Apr 2019
801 - Nov 2020 lodged
801 grant - Apr 2021

No further document requested. This is such a huge relief.

Reactions: kph and aussiesteve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Granted!!!

820 - Granted June 2020
Congratulation!.

Just wanted to share my experience. I submitted both Inquiry form and Complaints yesterday and received only generic response.
Replying to myself.. OMG I got my 801 grant today!
Just a day after they told me im still within the processing times.

820 - Dec 2018 lodged
820 grant - Apr 2019
801 - Nov 2020 lodged
801 grant - Apr 2021

No further document requested. This is such a huge relief.
Congratulation!

Would you mind sharing the response you received after submitted complaints?

I submitted the complaint yesterday and received response today morning saying:

"The Department of Home Affairs has received your feedback on 29 April 2021.

The Feedback Form enables us to respond to clients who provide us with suggestions, compliments and complaints about the service the department provides. As the matter you raise is a general enquiry/status enquiry that is within the departments published processing times, it is not possible for the Global Feedback Unit to assist you with this matter.

If you have a question regarding visa, citizenship, travel or trade, including bringing goods in and out of Australia please see the information on our website at www.homeaffairs.gov.au"

I think not much I can do, just have to wait from now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congratulation! I am very happy for you. Yes, this is such a huge relief.

Would you mind sharing the response you received after submitted complaints?
Thank you! Hopefully yours will get triggered as well.

Here was the response I got from DoHA complaints. (I chose suggestions category though)

The Department of Home Affairs has received your feedback on 29 April 2021. Feedback on our processes and services is important and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Your application is within our published processing times. We can’t provide any updates on your application’s progress. If you lodged your application online, you can check the status of your application through ImmiAccount.

You may find the following information helpful:

Processing times
You can view current processing times on our website on the page for visa subclasses or citizenship types. Global processing times will be updated monthly. You should check regularly to ensure you remain aware of the current processing times.

Two processing times are displayed in calendar days, indicating how long it is taking to finalise 75 and 90 per cent of applications submitted globally. Estimates of processing times are provided as a guide only. Individual processing times may vary from the published estimates.

Circumstances that affect processing times
We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
· whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
· how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information (remember to check your junk folder, as our correspondence may auto-filter into spam)
· how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
· for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program
· for citizenship applications, the time taken to attend a Citizenship Ceremony or receive a Citizenship Certificate.

Your correspondence will be sent to the relevant processing area for information.

We hope this information has been helpful to you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you! Hopefully yours will get triggered as well.

Here was the response I got from DoHA complaints. (I chose suggestions category though)

The Department of Home Affairs has received your feedback on 29 April 2021. Feedback on our processes and services is important and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Your application is within our published processing times. We can’t provide any updates on your application’s progress. If you lodged your application online, you can check the status of your application through ImmiAccount.

You may find the following information helpful:

Processing times
You can view current processing times on our website on the page for visa subclasses or citizenship types. Global processing times will be updated monthly. You should check regularly to ensure you remain aware of the current processing times.

Two processing times are displayed in calendar days, indicating how long it is taking to finalise 75 and 90 per cent of applications submitted globally. Estimates of processing times are provided as a guide only. Individual processing times may vary from the published estimates.

Circumstances that affect processing times
We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
· whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
· how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information (remember to check your junk folder, as our correspondence may auto-filter into spam)
· how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
· for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program
· for citizenship applications, the time taken to attend a Citizenship Ceremony or receive a Citizenship Certificate.

Your correspondence will be sent to the relevant processing area for information.

We hope this information has been helpful to you.
Thank you so much anashin.

Yeah we received a different message. Probably because of what I wrote in the form. I'll try again after few months. :D
Congrats again and happy Friday!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank so much you anashin.

Yeah we received a different message. Probably because of what I wrote in the form. I'll try again after few months. :D
Congrats again and happy Friday!
Granted !!

We applied for our 801 in April 2021 and sent a compliant form/enquiry today morning and received the grant letter 2 hours after that.

@WatermelonSugar Your response is different because of the reason that you submitted the form from applicant point (my partner submitted a form in Feb and got the similar response as yours).Today i submitted the form as a Sponsor and i got the similar response posted by anashin (you can choose the option in the complaint form as Sponsor).

Timelines:

820-Applied April 2018
820 Granted-September 2019
801 Applied-April 2020
801 Granted-April 2021

·
Registered
16 Posts
Granted !!

We applied for our 801 in April 2021 and sent a compliant form/enquiry today morning and received the grant letter 2 hours after that.

@WatermelonSugar Your response is different because of the reason that you submitted the form from applicant point (my partner submitted a form in Feb and got the similar response as yours).Today i submitted the form as a Sponsor and i got the similar response posted by anashin (you can choose the option in the complaint form as Sponsor).

Timelines:

820-Applied April 2018
820 Granted-September 2019
801 Applied-April 2020
801 Granted-April 2021

Congratulation! and Thank you for your input.

5721 - 5740 of 5820 Posts