Australia Forum banner

5741 - 5760 of 5820 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Granted!!!

I put in a request as Topper suggested. I was super polite, explained the situation that our case was straight forward. Woke up today to the grant!! Thanks Topper!!

820 - Granted June 2020
801 - Applied for Feb 2021
801 - Granted 70 days later
Hi
Could I please ask what we’re the reason for the form you submitted ?
We started our relationship in 2015 but only put de facto as 2017 as we were traveling around and not always being together. (He was going around Europe a lot). Got my 820 granted June 2020 and applied 801 Jan 2021 and wonder what I can say to them to fast forward my process.
Any advise from anyone would be much appreciated !

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can start filling it out. There will be a question that asks if it has been 24 months since you lodged the 820. If you say yes it will let you proceed. You can then fill everything out and then submit when the time comes. After you submit you can upload the documents.
Hi thanks i found this group. I wonder why I have not receive Any response to my application. As i look at this group everyone attached supporting ducuments and I did not because i thought I will have to wait for the reply from the immigration if they will ask since we provided everything on our 820 and It got granted.

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Hi thanks i found this group. I wonder why I have not receive Any response to my application. As i look at this group everyone attached supporting ducuments and I did not because i thought I will have to wait for the reply from the immigration if they will ask since we provided everything on our 820 and It got granted.
Have you at least done the Sponsors declaration?
They may just be waiting for you to upload what is needed.

I saw one a couple of years ago, who waited about a year to be asked for everything they needed, and granted it immediately after they supplied everything.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone had to get a 2nd health exam because they’ve been waiting 12 months since being granted the 820?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same thought as we're also in a same-sex relationship. But yeah I think we're overthinking it.

@milchmehr the ID is on the 820 grant letter and the number is at the top of your application in IMMI next to: "Partner visa application - information for permanent stage processing Reference Number:XXXXXXXX"

To think people who applied in 2020 are getting processed over us who applied in late 2017 is beyond infuriating. Trying to remain positive but this all feels very unfair. Hopefully, this gets sorted shortly and we all hear back with positive news pronto.
Hey Simonca, have you sent "suggestions" to the immi yet?
Also, I wanted to double-check if the client ID is the same as the application ID?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Granted!!!

I put in a request as Topper suggested. I was super polite, explained the situation that our case was straight forward. Woke up today to the grant!! Thanks Topper!!

820 - Granted June 2020

Yay.
Well done.
I am chuffed to bits for you.
I bet that your head is still spinning.
The relief is like winning the lottery.
We are still celebrating here, and it's my birthday this Tuesday.
It's gonna be another long week of beers.

BTW. Simonca77.
We are a same sex couple too. Ages are sponsor 71, me 58.
We married in a British Embassy in Australia, in 2016. This was befors same sex marriage was legal here.
Being gay ain't gonna hurt your chances.
:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Simonca, have you sent "suggestions" to the immi yet?
Also, I wanted to double-check if the client ID is the same as the application ID?
Yay.
Well done.
I am chuffed to bits for you.
I bet that your head is still spinning.
The relief is like winning the lottery.
We are still celebrating here, and it's my birthday this Tuesday.
It's gonna be another long week of beers.

BTW. Simonca77.
We are a same sex couple too. Ages are sponsor 71, me 58.
We married in a British Embassy in Australia, in 2016. This was befors same sex marriage was legal here.
Being gay ain't gonna hurt your chances.
:)
haha @Topper yes I didn't think so ;) We got our relationship registered in 2017 before same sex marriage was legal here too.

@ngrg my understanding is that if you submit it as a 'suggestion' or 'compliment' instead of a 'complaint' then the Department usually will not issue a formal response (Referring to the text that comes up when you select those options on the form) but maybe it doesn't matter. I submitted it on Saturday as a follow up to the enquiry submitted a month ago through the Processing Centre Enquiry Form which didn't get a reply. I was polite and succinct, mentioning we didn't get a reply to our previous enquiry and that we had provided everything needed upfront. I got a standard feedback acknowledgment email back today. Will give an update if I hear anything further. Hope everyone is having a great start to their week :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
haha @Topper yes I didn't think so ;) We got our relationship registered in 2017 before same sex marriage was legal here too.

@ngrg my understanding is that if you submit it as a 'suggestion' or 'compliment' instead of a 'complaint' then the Department usually will not issue a formal response (Referring to the text that comes up when you select those options on the form) but maybe it doesn't matter. I submitted it on Saturday as a follow up to the enquiry submitted a month ago through the Processing Centre Enquiry Form which didn't get a reply. I was polite and succinct, mentioning we didn't get a reply to our previous enquiry and that we had provided everything needed upfront. I got a standard feedback acknowledgment email back today. Will give an update if I hear anything further. Hope everyone is having a great start to their week :)
Thanks, Simonca. I will send one and see what happens. Goodluck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Granted!!!

820 - Granted June 2020
Can I please ask everyone how long it took to get their grant after putting in the complaint form request?
Also @gkaur we received the same standard response as @anashin on Monday even though we sent it as the applicant (Although we both signed our names as we wrote it together) but still no grant or other feedback since. Fingers crossed it finally comes today. Hope everyone is having a good week!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can I please ask everyone how long it took to get their grant after putting in the complaint form request?
Also @gkaur we received the same standard response as @anashin on Monday even though we sent it as the applicant (Although we both signed our names as we wrote it together) but still no grant or other feedback since. Fingers crossed it finally comes today. Hope everyone is having a good week!
I sent the feedback as the applicant under suggestions today. I didn't receive any response, not even the standard one. I hope you will get yours soon!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Our turn today.
801 Granted after 7 months.

Timeline:
Applied PMV 8/12/17
Granted 7/2/18
Married 7/10/18
Applied 820 12/10/18
Granted ?/5/19
Applied 801 14/10/20
Granted 5/5/21

Fully front loaded all applications including police & medical for PMV. Had plenty of relationship evidence. Sent in an online complaint 2 days ago & the grant came through today.

So happy to never have to do another visa application ever 😂
Thanks so much to everyone who has helped out with advice over the past 3 years 🥰

·
Registered
45 Posts
Our turn today.
801 Granted after 7 months.

Timeline:
Applied PMV 8/12/17
Granted 7/2/18
Married 7/10/18
Applied 820 12/10/18
Granted ?/5/19
Applied 801 14/10/20
Granted 5/5/21

Fully front loaded all applications including police & medical for PMV. Had plenty of relationship evidence. Sent in an online complaint 2 days ago & the grant came through today.

So happy to never have to do another visa application ever 😂
Thanks so much to everyone who has helped out with advice over the past 3 years 🥰
did you use agent for 801 application?

·
Registered
109 Posts
did you use agent for 801 application?
No we did not use an agent for any of our visa applications. All done ourselves with help & advice from this group & friends.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance for all help and info!

Marriage Date: 21 December 18
Application Date: 20 December 19
Bridging Visa A Grant Date: 23 December 19
Medicals: 10 Jan 2020
Police Certificates: 10 Jan 2020
Baby No 1 Birthdate: 11 Nov 2020
CO Assigned: Apr 2021 (Team 4, Temporary Partner Victoria)
Request for more Information: Apr 2021 (Police Checks - Australia & Malaysia)
Resubmit New Police Check: 5 May 2021
Visa Grant: 6 May 2021 (820)

Thank you ALL <3

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, we are experiencing something unusual with our application. We applied for 820 back in June 2018 through our lawyer. We attached a lot of evidence and didn’t hear back at all. In mid 2020 we uploaded more updated information. In Nov 2020 our lawyer asked them for an update, they replied in Dec 2020 requesting heath examination.my partner did this and again we didn’t hear back anything till now and they sent s56 saying my partner owed money to government and we settled this straightaway and sent them proof of payment. Now it has been 35 months since our application. Is receiving s56 request for more info a good sign? Did many people receive positive ourcomes after this request.
We are so confused how people who applied in 2019 already got granted but we have not heard anything! We are in a genuine relationship with alot of proof so how can we not hear from the immigration for 35 months?!? This is really worrying both me and my partner.

5741 - 5760 of 5820 Posts