Australia Forum banner

5761 - 5773 of 5773 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my 801 approved today!! Happy Friday guys! I am still on the clouds :D
Congratulations!! My partner and I sent a complaint 2 days ago as a sponsor for visa applicant because they did not reply our enquiry 3 months ago and we are seeing so many people which have been together for much less time than us getting the double grant and 801 approved!!!! This is making us feeling not very well honestly.

Unfortunately we just got the below reply:
"Your application is within our published processing times. We can’t provide any updates on your application’s progress"

I really hope we hear some good news today or beginning of next week.

Do you guys think it would be good if we send a complaint as applicant next week if we don't hear from them next week?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, does anyone know if on their application home has "This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required." - does this mean anything? Or is this just the standard that always there?

I can't remember if this was always there before or not, but I put a complaint last weekend and I still haven't heard anything (other than the standard response it's being still within the processing time). I lodged mine 8 months ago and whilst I understand it is still within the processing time it is very disheartening that some people got their 801 granted way faster than mine :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Need some advice, feeling positive about reading some of the stories!!😃

Married for 5 years. Arrived in Australia from Canada, been here for 3.5 years. Used a lawyer to file 820. Lots of evidence and info given.

820 Lodged October 2017
820 Granted July 2018
801 Lodged June 2020.

Current times were 10 months to 16 months. Lodged ourselves, again heaps of info provided.

Still waiting though. Should we hold off on making an inquiry? Any help or advice would be great!

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Need some advice, feeling positive about reading some of the stories!

Married 5 years.
Arrived in Australia from Canada, been here for 3.5 years. Used a lawyer to file first part. Lots of evidence and info given.

820 Lodged October 2017
820 Granted July 2018
801 Lodged June 2020.

Current times were 10 months to 16 months. Lodged ourselves, again heaps of info provided.

Still waiting though. Should we hold off on making an inquiry? Any help or advice would be great.
Did you do the Sponsor declaration. I've heard of a few who didn't, and it slowed down the application.

Reactions: CT0778

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow I feel really upset :( Not only when we filed the 801 online June 2020, forgot to submit partners (sponsors) stat dec and I didn't upload a new police check either 😭
Has anyone not uploaded a stat dec or attached one a year later?

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Wow I feel really upset :( Not only when we filed the 801 online June 2020, forgot to submit partners (sponsors) stat dec and I didn't upload a new police check either 😭
I know one who did the sponsor declaration about a year later, and got the grant within a week after that.

I think immigration had finalised everything but were just waiting for that last bit.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I didn't do a sponsor stat dec at all or police check. Our 801 was finalised before I got a chance to do it.
I don't know whether that was just luck or if Immi aren't that fussed about it

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn't do a sponsor stat dec at all or police check. Our 801 was finalised before I got a chance to do it.
I don't know whether that was just luck or if Immi aren't that fussed about it
Really!? Wow! I have seen mixed comments about it. Did you do a joint 820/801 visa application? What were your wait times like?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes I have seen mixed comments about it too. My wife front loaded everything for the 801 but I was actually waiting to do my sponsor police check. Because I had heard mixed comments about the stat dec I decided to hold off doing it unless asked to do so in a RFI
Our 820/801 was pre covid. Our 820 was granted in 8 weeks and 801 in 11 weeks. Extremely fortunate about that

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations!! My partner and I sent a complaint 2 days ago as a sponsor for visa applicant because they did not reply our enquiry 3 months ago and we are seeing so many people which have been together for much less time than us getting the double grant and 801 approved!!!! This is making us feeling not very well honestly.

Unfortunately we just got the below reply:
"Your application is within our published processing times. We can’t provide any updates on your application’s progress"

I really hope we hear some good news today or beginning of next week.

Do you guys think it would be good if we send a complaint as applicant next week if we don't hear from them next week?

Thank you :)
I wouldn't it's likely to delay you even further

5761 - 5773 of 5773 Posts