Australia Forum banner

5801 - 5819 of 5819 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
The complaints section probably do not get involved in individual cases. I assume you used the complaints, compliments and feedback form.

We used the partner visa enquiry form, which goes to the relevant visa department. That probably helped to produced a faster 801 for us.

Some people, who don't get a response from that, then do a complaint about not getting a reply from the visa department, and the complaints section can get involved with that.

The complaints section do say they will not respond to general enquiries about departmental processes.
I have used both. Ignored both times

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
That is the specific question that no one can answer. The minister's office said 'generally' processed in the order received. I asked what generally meant and got stone walled. I asked the same question in the complaint, more specifically 'are they opened' in the order received. No answer. If they are opened and assessed for completeness in the order received, then fine. I do not believe that is the case however.

I disagree that the majority are done in a reasonable time. Over two years is not reasonable by any means for a service that costs over $7000, and in many cases only involves reading a handful of documents.
The majority are done in much less than 2 years. The last figures I saw showed 14 months.

The time it can take is often determined by the number of applications they have, compared to the number of visas they can grant. I feel sure that they will often hold some back for that reason. If fewer people applied they could give grants much faster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The majority are done in much less than 2 years. The last figures I saw showed 14 months.

The time it can take is often determined by the number of applications they have, compared to the number of visas they can grant. I feel sure that they will often hold some back for that reason. If fewer people applied they could give grants much faster.
I disagree with that. There is only around 100k total partner visas in the queue. For 2019-20 and 2020-21 budgets they have increased onshore spots to around 70,000 permanent grants per year to attempt to reach the 160k migration planning levels during covid. They have the ability. There is clearly another reason they are not being transparent about. It's a simple question. Why stone wall their own citizens?

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
I have used both. Ignored both times
When you told the complaints section that your enquiry had been ignored, did they address that?

If that happened to me, I would get a local MP involved on the basis of their backup complaints section not doing the job they get paid to do, ie: follow up on complaints.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
I disagree with that. There is only around 100k total partner visas in the queue. For 2019-20 and 2020-21 budgets they have increased onshore spots to around 70,000 permanent grants per year to attempt to reach the 160k migration planning levels during covid. They have the ability. There is clearly another reason they are not being transparent about. It's a simple question. Why stone wall their own citizens?
Those figures are not quite right.

As at the 30th September 2020, there were 131,291 applicants in the pipeline for the 100 and 801 Permanent Partner visas to be finalised. With no real slowdown of new applications either.

I've not seen any more recent figures.

Australian Migration Program Planning Levels.
Partner Visas Allocation for 2019-20 was 39,799.
Partner Visas Allocation for 2020-21 is 72,300.

Thats about 30,000 less than your figures.

The higher figure was only for 2020/2021, not for 2019/20, which was actually lower than the year before.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When you told the complaints section that your enquiry had been ignored, did they address that?

If that happened to me, I would get a local MP involved on the basis of their backup complaints section not doing the job they get paid to do, ie: follow up on complaints.
I have
Those figures are not quite right.

As at the 30th September 2020, there were 131,291 applicants in the pipeline for the 100 and 801 Permanent Partner visas to be finalised. With no real slowdown of new applications either.

I've not seen any more recent figures.

Australian Migration Program Planning Levels.
Partner Visas Allocation for 2019-20 was 39,799.
Partner Visas Allocation for 2020-21 is 72,300.

Thats about 30,000 less than your figures.

The higher figure was only for 2020/2021, not for 2019/20, which was actually lower than the year before.
Sorry, my mistake i meant to say 20/21 21/22 - 2021-22 has the same number in the partner stream as 2020-21. That covers the numbers

·
Registered
87 Posts

Nothing to do with local MP mate.
they Don’t have power .

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Nothing to do with local MP mate.
they Don’t have power .
I've seen some posts on here where people have done just that, and the MP has contacted the department, as required by the specifications of their job.

According to the Parliamentary Education Office, peo.gov.au
Members of parliament represent the views and interests of Australians.
Members of parliament assist constituents who may be having difficulties with issues such as pensions, migration and taxation.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've seen some posts on here where people have done just that, and the MP has contacted the department, as required by the specifications of their job.

According to the Parliamentary Education Office, peo.gov.au
Members of parliament represent the views and interests of Australians.
Members of parliament assist constituents who may be having difficulties with issues such as pensions, migration and taxation.
Mate I went in person to local MP office and explained my situation she told me she doesn’t have power.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Mate I went in person to local MP office and explained my situation she told me she doesn’t have power.
Maybe she should read the specifications of her job. But what exactly did you ask her to do?

I've been told many things, by many people, only to find out they were wrong. It can be frustrating.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Maybe she should read the specifications of her job. But what exactly did you ask her to do?

I've been told many things, by many people, only to find out they were wrong. It can be frustrating.
I told her I married for 5 years with two Australian kids born here and my wife also Australian by birth and she voted you in election time I told her I’ve lodged my application for second stage but still waiting for my Pr to be grant and I want you to do me a favourite to talk to immigration behalf me just writ the letter to them say something she didn’t even let me finish my sentence she told me listen listen she cut me my sentence stop stop what I want to say to you I don’t have power full stop she said .
I disappointed and walked out .
Botton line:
No one can’t help us only the things we have to do is be patient and follow up the processing time from global it’s changing every month .

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Botton line:
No one can’t help us only the things we have to do is be patient and follow up the processing time from global it’s changing every month .
That does not apply to everyone.

Quite a few, including myself, have used enquiries to get answers, and possibly a grant following enquiries.

Some have used an MP to chase things, with a positive result for some.

Processing times cannot stay the same each month, as they are the actual times for the previous month. These times are actually somewhat meaningless anyway. An example time of '15-21' for example, could include many under 9 months, with a possible average of around 12 months.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That does not apply to everyone.

Quite a few, including myself, have used enquiries to get answers, and possibly a grant following enquiries.

Some have used an MP to chase things, with a positive result for some.

Processing times cannot stay the same each month, as they are the actual times for the previous month. These times are actually somewhat meaningless anyway. An example time of '15-21' for example, could include many under 9 months, with a possible average of around 12 months.
I don’t know your local MP and everyone got different local MP yours could be very helpful good on her/him.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
everyone got different local MP
Correct, which is why I said "That does not apply to everyone." and why I also said "Maybe she should read the specifications of her job".

·
Registered
87 Posts
Correct, which is why I said "That does not apply to everyone." and why I also said "Maybe she should read the specifications of her job".
Absolutely right she knows but I can’t force her totally up to her if she wants to help people with same situation or different .
Never mind mate ,I’ll wait till time comes🙂.
Whenever they grant me Pr I’ll say thank you eventually I’ll receive my grant one day.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Absolutely right she knows but I can’t force her totally up to her if she wants to help people with same situation or different .
Never mind mate ,I’ll wait till time comes🙂.
Whenever they grant me Pr I’ll say thank you eventually I’ll receive my grant one day.
If you keep sending in new relationship proofs every couple of weeks, they may get fed up and give the grant to stop getting your updates...

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you keep sending in new relationship proofs every couple of weeks, they may get fed up and give the grant to stop getting your updates...
I’m updating every week with my bills invitation and mortgage my kids school fees stuff like that even when I do renovating even buying nail I ask to give receipt in two names.

5801 - 5819 of 5819 Posts