Australia Forum banner
6001 - 6020 of 6079 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,
Long time lurker, first time posting.

We just received 801 grant today!!! Hurray!! We were so eagerly waiting for this day and it's finally here.
My timeline:
The relationship started: Late 2016 (2years dating - not defacto and 2+ years married)
820/801 Application submitted: February 2019
820 granted: June 2020
801 application submitted: February 2021

On 8 June 2021, I submitted an enquiry via the immi website Partner (Permanent) Processing Centres Enquiry Form, received the standard automatic response email including the option to request priority processing.
Request for priority processing submitted to [email protected] on 22 June 2021. Reasons cited were my relationship for 4+ years , buy a new home and seeking to want to work with the federal government.
Never received a response to this, but 801 granted: 9 July 2021 !!
Not sure if this is a coincidence or application was processed due to my email.

We didn't use a lawyer, but submitted every single document we could - sponsor stat dec, 2 x 888 form, photos from our holidays, records of joint travel etc.

Please let me know if there are any questions...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi All,

We just received 801 grant today!!! Hurray!! We were so eagerly waiting for this day and it's finally here.
My timeline:
The relationship started: Late 2016 (2years dating - not defacto and 2+ years married)

On 8 June 2021, I submitted an enquiry via the immi website Partner (Permanent) Processing Centres Enquiry Form, received the standard automatic response email including the option to request priority processing.
Request for priority processing submitted to [email protected] on 22 June 2021. Reasons cited were my relationship for 4+ years , buy a new home and seeking to want to work with the federal government.

We didn't use a lawyer, but submitted every single document we could - sponsor stat dec, 2 x 888 form, photos from our holidays, records of joint travel etc.

Congrats -

what date did you apply for your 801

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello everyone
I do not post as I had nothing and know nothing about partner visa .Now I can talk about my application .My wife and I have been together for 11 years in Thailand .I am an Australian and lived in Melbourne (the greatest city in the world ..hehe) before coming to Thailand .We got a Lawyer in Sydney to do all our paperwork cost was very reasonable less than $3000 .On Friday 9/07/ 2021 he summited our application .On the 11/07/2021, he send an email to me telling us the application has started and needed some new pictures as we had to wait 6 months to pay the fee as I needed 3 operastions to pay for. He said he never seen this quick response before.The Australian immigration sent all the forms to us and where to go to get health checks .The topic we cannot understand they want my wife's children to get police checks and health checks as well. We are NOT taking them to Australia. Is this normal? We will have to pay for the police reports and health checks done at a authorized hospital in Bangkok (long way from their home )I , we cannot understand this .
Can anyone help ...
So now I can help others in the coming months and will upgreade our application when we hear .The lawyer is saying it might be done it 6 months!!!
Thanks Everyone

·
Registered
8 Posts
I juz got my visa 801 granted today after did enquiry last week
Apply 820 : May 2018
820 granted Sep 2020
Apply 801 : April 2020
No asked any envidences
801 granted today ( 3 years + 2 months )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

My timeline:

I have exactly the same Timeline as yours.
just 2 weeks later.

DOL 801:
Date submitted
22 Feb 2021

I didn't get my PR as yet..
Any hint ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
820 granted Sep 2020
No asked any envidences
Congratulations - Did you lodge your 801 with an agent?

·
Registered
30 Posts
820 granted Sep 2020
No asked any envidences
Really happy for you i did in june 2018 they not give me 820 yet so may be i have to wait little more like 1 month thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
820 granted Sep 2020
No asked any envidences
Wow! Congrats! Your application time frame is similar to mine.
820 :1/4/2018
Granted : 5/2019
Apply 801 . I submitted in Sep 2020 ( I was lazy and busy with work, should have submitted in April 2020 :()
Still waiting . May I ask if you called fo enquire or you send an enquire form?
Did they require to you go for a medical check ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
No, they didn't request any further info.

I uploaded 29 documents in total for the 801 application

4 x 888 forms
Sponsor Self Declaration form
Joint Bank Statements
Joint Credit Card Statements
Joint Car Insurance Policy
Document with evidence of our shared new puppy with photos
Joint lease agreement
Joint pre-approval for a mortgage
Updated police certificate for myself
Document with pictures of us since the grant of the 820 (about 20 in total)
Document with an itinerary, pictures and joint expenses of a road trip we took in February 2021
Hi there, may I ask did they require you to do a health check ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow! Congrats! Your application time frame is similar to mine.
820 :1/4/2018
Granted : 5/2019
Apply 801 . I submitted in Sep 2020 ( I was lazy and busy with work, should have submitted in April 2020 :()
Still waiting . May I ask if you called fo enquire or you send an enquire form?
Did they require to you go for a medical check ?
We did give them a call but they keep saying waiting...then we sent the complaint through email for the reason we wanna to get the house...
No medical check...no police check...they did not ask any thing from the day submitted 801...

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Hi there, may I ask did they require you to do a health check ?
The 801 medical is done during the original 820 application. The 2nd stage 801, does not require another.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We did give them a call but they keep saying waiting...then we sent the complaint through email for the reason we wanna to get the house...
No medical check...no police check...they did not ask any thing from the day submitted 801...
That’s very good to know. I did send a enquiry form on 1/7. Haven’t heard of them. And sent another one yesterday . Hopefully there are some good news

6001 - 6020 of 6079 Posts