Australia Forum banner
6021 - 6040 of 6079 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
The 801 medical is done during the original 820 application. The 2nd stage 801, does not require another.
Oh that’s good to know . I thought we have to do twice. Yeah then I did my one already. Already 15 months since 1/4/2020 :((. Nothing from them for my 801.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all, a bit off topic.

My sister in law is sponsoring my brother. They are currently working and both living with us. They are paying every fortnight and we pay every fortnight. Their name are not under the house contract.

At the moment , we have a cousin who can not rent a house as he got a cash in hand job, and he asked if my brother and sister can help him rent a unit ,he will pay them cash a bit weekly extra for helping.

Not mention about my cousin’s reliability. I want to ask if that’s The case will it mess up my brother’s application or he has to change all the address to that house ?.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,

My partner (sponsor) received the call from a private number at 9.05 AM saying he is from immigration office asked if I'm home and if we are still together. I was out to buy coffee and food when she got the call. Immigration officer asked if we are still working and why I go out so earlier.... and that's it. I found it's quite odd as they didn't ask my partner to verify our personal details...and the call is from a private number. He didn't even give us any further information at all just hang up.
Has this ever happen to you guys?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys,

My partner (sponsor) received the call from a private number at 9.05 AM saying he is from immigration office asked if I'm home and if we are still together. I was out to buy coffee and food when she got the call. Immigration officer asked if we are still working and why I go out so earlier.... and that's it. I found it's quite odd as they didn't ask my partner to verify our personal details...and the call is from a private number. He didn't even give us any further information at all just hang up.
As far as I know they use private number to call

·
Registered
8 Posts
As far as I know they use private number to call
thx.
I called my immigration lawyer and told him all the details. Lawyer said they normally will leave a number for us to call back or they will say they will call back sometime today... But the officer didn't give us any instructions at all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
thx.
I called my immigration lawyer and told him all the details. Lawyer said they normally will leave a number for us to call back or they will say they will call back sometime today... But the officer didn't give us any instructions at all.
Sounds very Odd. When did you apply for your 801?

·
Registered
16 Posts
thx.
Uhm. I think myself is on your shoes now too. I have been waiting for 15 months since I am eligible to be accessed for my 801. This morning I check VEVO. It says my current 820 visa reference number is not valid. I got a very high hope my 801 is granted. But I don’t want to email my immigration lawyer yet. Just wait for him in case it is not true :(. And I got missed private call at 10 am this morning lol. finger cross for all of us

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Hi guys,

Something very similar happened to us, but we were both in. They granted the visa that day.
Private numbers are normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Uhm. I think myself is on your shoes now too. I have been waiting for 15 months since I am eligible to be accessed for my 801. This morning I check VEVO. It says my current 820 visa reference number is not valid. I got a very high hope my 801 is granted. But I don’t want to email my immigration lawyer yet. Just wait for him in case it is not true :(. And I got missed private call at 10 am this morning lol. finger cross for all of us
finger crossed!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Something very similar happened to us, but we were both in. They granted the visa that day.
Private numbers are normal.
Thanks for that. We shall stay home the whole day till we get another call from them. lol
Hopefully we will get the visa granted soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all,

My wife applied for her 820 on September 2019 and received her 820 visa on July 2020.

Now she is about to start her application for 801 visa.

I remember for her 820 visa I also logged in to my immi account and applied for something on my end. Now my question is, for visa 801, do I also need to do any application from my end (immi account) again?

Would appreciate any help, thanks,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh my dear! I JUST GOT MY F* CKING VISA 801 NOW. JUST NOW! YES YES’
Hi Vy,
Congratulations :)
You should be actually able to reply to my question which I asked earlier, did your partner (sponsor) have to lodge a separate application for visa 801 on his/her end (you can have a look at my question few post above if not clear :) )?

Thanks,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Vy,
Congratulations :)
You should be actually able to reply to my question which I asked earlier, did your partner (sponsor) have to lodge a separate application for visa 801 on his/her end (you can have a look at my question few post above if not clear :) )?

Thanks,
Hi there,

I got help from an agent. So i’m not quite sure. But as far as I know every lodgement will be separate .I am sure you can use the same log in account. Since you passed your first visa. Maybe to be 100% smooth and safe.Maybe get help from an agent ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi there,

I got help from an agent. So i’m not quite sure. But as far as I know every lodgement will be separate .I am sure you can use the same log in account. Since you passed your first visa. Maybe to be 100% smooth and safe.Maybe get help from an agent ?
Thanks for your reply. yeah not sure. Hopefully someone who has applied without an agent would reply to my question

6021 - 6040 of 6079 Posts