Australia Forum banner
6041 - 6060 of 6079 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would you mind sharing what you have written in your enquiry form? Thank you for your reply
Hi there,

I follow Layla also a group member. I was just polite with a nice text like how you write an email with your full name , passport details and current visa number !. And express that it’s now… months. If there is any requirement that we need to submit . Not holding a PR is hard for us to find a suitable property to buy as it restricts a lot.That’s all.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Hi there,

I follow Layla also a group member. I was just polite with a nice text like how you write an email with your full name , passport details and current visa number !. And express that it’s now… months. If there is any requirement that we need to submit . Not holding a PR is hard for us to find a suitable property to buy as it restricts a lot.That’s all.
Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys, this is a late update but I got my 801 granted in June and just sharing my timeline for reference.
Nationality: Chinese; Married - December 2018
Applied for 820 - 18th December 2018
820 granted - 19th October 2020
Applied for 801 - 21st November 2020
Sent enquiry through online form - once in March, again in May, sponsor emailed the processing office in May again. No replies.
801 granted - 24th June 2021
I feel like maybe the enquiries have worked, but only when you chase it up.

Also just want to say that I have really appreciated this forum and the fact that so many people here are sharing their experience has helped so much. It gives people hope because otherwise the whole visa process feels so impersonal - having minimal communication with a faceless agency, after submitting so many personal and intimate details. This community here helped ground me, as well as provide useful information for making the applications. :)))

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys, this is a late update but I got my 801 granted in June and just sharing my timeline for reference.
Nationality: Chinese; Married - December 2018
Applied for 820 - 18th December 2018
820 granted - 19th October 2020
Applied for 801 - 21st November 2020
Sent enquiry through online form - once in March, again in May, sponsor emailed the processing office in May again. No replies.
801 granted - 24th June 2021
I feel like maybe the enquiries have worked, but only when you chase it up.

Also just want to say that I have really appreciated this forum and the fact that so many people here are sharing their experience has helped so much. It gives people hope because otherwise the whole visa process feels so impersonal - having minimal communication with a faceless agency, after submitting so many personal and intimate details. This community here helped ground me, as well as provide useful information for making the applications. :)))
Congrats to you ! I wish I knew this forum earlier . I was eligible to apply for 801 in 1-4-2020 and I submitted in 25/9/2020 . I am just waiting with hope thinking to call them when it passes the 19th months. But yeah today is a good day as the form has worked 🥰🥰🥰!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all,

My wife applied for her 820 on September 2019 and received her 820 visa on July 2020.

Now she is about to start her application for 801 visa.

I remember for her 820 visa I also logged in to my immi account and applied for something on my end. Now my question is, for visa 801, do I also need to do any application from my end (immi account) again?

Would appreciate any help, thanks,
for 801, you - the sponsor - do not have to lodge another application.But you DO need a statutory statement, which is a must for 801. Besides, both of you have to upload ID documents again, and other support documents since the date your wife 820 granted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
for 801, you - the sponsor - do not have to lodge another application.But you DO need a statutory statement, which is a must for 801. Besides, both of you have to upload ID documents again, and other support documents since the date your wife 820 granted.
Thanks a lot for your reply. Do you mean a statutory declaration (form 888)? Does it need to be done only by me? or few more friends and family? and all of these need to be uploaded to my wife's immi account right?

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Do you mean a statutory declaration (form 888)? Does it need to be done only by me? or few more friends and family? and all of these need to be uploaded to my wife's immi account right?
It is not the 888.

It is important to upload the 'Statutory Declaration by the Sponsor', for the second stage of a partner visa application.

This form must be completed and uploaded together with that Sponsors ID; either the personal details page of their most recent passport (showing their signature), or their Australian driver’s licence.

It can be uploaded in the applicants IMMI account.

The Sponsors Declaration form can be downloaded from: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/stat_dec_sponsor.pdf

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys I have just been granted 801 today.Be patient and good luck!

Applied 820:27 Sep 2018
Granted 820:9 Jan 2020
Applied 801:27 Aug 2020
Granted 801:21 Jul 2021

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is not the 888.

It is important to upload the 'Statutory Declaration by the Sponsor', for the second stage of a partner visa application.

This form must be completed and uploaded together with that Sponsors ID; either the personal details page of their most recent passport (showing their signature), or their Australian driver’s licence.

It can be uploaded in the applicants IMMI account.

The Sponsors Declaration form can be downloaded from: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/stat_dec_sponsor.pdf
Awesome, many thanks for the clear explanation JandE!

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
and You also need at least two more of 888 forms.
The sponsor doesn't need those.

But the applicant needs the 888s along with a load more information in their application.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi guys I have just been granted 801 today.Be patient and good luck!

Applied 820:27 Sep 2018
Granted 820:9 Jan 2020
Applied 801:27 Aug 2020
Granted 801:21 Jul 2021
Hey SGgurly! Did u send in any enquiry at all before the grant? And any calls?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I've just been granted 801 on the 24th. I just received news today cause we used an agent

Applied 820: 13 AUG 2018
Request for additional documents: 23 DEC 2019
Granted 820: 20 JAN 2020
Applied 801: 25 NOV 2020 (late due to COVID)
Granted 801: 24 JUL 2021

• Got 2 witnesses for Form 888 when we applied for 820, let's call them M and N
  • Additional documents sent to agent: Form 80, AFP clearances, and further evidence of relationship (we added another witness, A, unsure if agents submitted)
  • We were asked to submit documents for 801 in August 2020 but due to COVID, we delayed submitting til November
  • Got 2 witnesses for Form 888 when we applied for 801, M was asked to sign and N was replaced by R

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys, I've just been granted 801 on the 24th. I just received news today cause we used an agent

Applied 820: 13 AUG 2018
Request for additional documents: 23 DEC 2019
Granted 820: 20 JAN 2020
Applied 801: 25 NOV 2020 (late due to COVID)
Granted 801: 24 JUL 2021

• Got 2 witnesses for Form 888 when we applied for 820, let's call them M and N
  • Additional documents sent to agent: Form 80, AFP clearances, and further evidence of relationship (we added another witness, A, unsure if agents submitted)
  • We were asked to submit documents for 801 in August 2020 but due to COVID, we delayed submitting til November
  • Got 2 witnesses for Form 888 when we applied for 801, M was asked to sign and N was replaced by R
Congrats! I can see everyone all submitted later than me but all got their PR granted like the same time with me. I should have emailed them earlier ha ha!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Currently i am waiting for 801. I have submitted the application on 28-July-2019.
Got 820 granted on 1- May-2021
Submitted 801 application on 29-Jun-2021

After reading the replies in this group i found two imp things which are: atleast 2 888 forms and a sponsor statutory form. Could someone please let me know if i have to add anything else except these two things.
I have already submitted our marriage cert, mortgage and lease document.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

6041 - 6060 of 6079 Posts