Australia Forum banner
6101 - 6120 of 6131 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys,

I just got granted for the 801 visa like 5 minutes ago. I would update my timeline here as well so people can get the data.

2018 Dec - Came to Australia & got married
2019 Jan - Applied 820/801 visa with Agent
2020 Oct - Got granted 820 visa
2021 Jan - Apply 801 visa by myself
2021 Aug - Got granted 801 visa ( No call from officer just received the email with grant )

I did try using the inquiry form in 2021 May but I only get the reply that my application was within timeline.

Thank you all very much! This forum is very helpful and I was able to know more about that process. Hope everyone got their visa ASAP!
Hi,
congratulations on your visa that is amazing. I have just been granted my 820 visa on 31st of July and just wanted to ask you if anyone else told you that you had to lodge your 801 at the 2 year mark? that seems to be what the department and the agent has been telling me but nearly everyone here has lodged their 801 between 1 month-1 year of being granted their 820. Really appreciate any help.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

congratulations on your partner and permanent visa being granted, that's so amazing.
I have just received my 820 visa on 31st of July 2021 after having lodged it in October 2019, I have been told that I cannot apply for my 801 any sooner than one month before the two year period from when my 820 was granted, but you have mentioned that you lodged your 801 a month after you were granted your 820, when you say at the two year mark does that mean from the initial lodgement of 820 application? and could you kindly tell me what suggestion you sent through if possible? this is all new to me as the agent I used to lodge my visa was so neglectful and absolutely screwed me over with the uploads and timing of replies from the CO.

Cheers
I reckon the timing is 2 years after lodgement of 820 not granting of 820. So, say you have lodged the initial visa on July 2020, then on July 2022 (or a month before it) you can apply for your 801. I think that's what I understood from the process if I am not wrong.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I have been told that I cannot apply for my 801 any sooner than one month before the two year period from when my 820 was granted,
You have been told incorrectly.

You can begin to apply for the 801, one month before the two year period from when the 820 was applied for.

Reactions: hmainzer

·
Registered
4 Posts

You can begin to apply for the 801, one month before the two year period from when the 820 was applied for.
so If I lodged my 820 on 27th of October 2019, I can apply for my 801 from 27th of October 2021? That is such a relief thank you so much for clarifying that, can't even count the number of times I have asked my agent or called up the immigration department (5 minutes ago) and have been told I can only apply for my 801 two years from now when my 820 was granted!

·
Registered
4 Posts
so If I lodged my 820 on 27th of October 2019, I can apply for my 801 from 27th of October 2021? That is such a relief thank you so much for clarifying that, can't even count the number of times I have asked my agent or called up the immigration department (5 minutes ago) and have been told I can only apply for my 801 two years from now when my 820 was granted!

also whilst I have you, since you seem to be an absolute star with all the helpful replies, could you kindly tell me a bit more about the suggestion form and what it's used for (how would I draft y request) when you have the time, I'm basically going back and reading through all your replies within the whole forum :)

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
so If I lodged my 820 on 27th of October 2019, I can apply for my 801 from 27th of October 2021?
You will probably get an email on 27 Sept 2021 telling you that you can start the 801. (Not everyone gets one, but you can still start it.) It will be looked at after 27 Oct 2021.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
could you kindly tell me a bit more about the suggestion form and what it's used for (how would I draft y request) when you have the time,
That depends on your reasons for needing a review. It is normally for those who have been waiting too long.

Sometimes used by those with a 3 year relationship at time of 820 application, but who did not get the 801 grant automatically with the 820.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hy to all i got email today after age's.
I got email to link sponsorship nomination to immi account and attach all documents. i done paper visa back 2018 on 820/801 so what documents should i attached now .i link immi account and fill sponsorship nomination forms and now what paper should i attach again???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,
congratulations on your visa that is amazing. I have just been granted my 820 visa on 31st of July and just wanted to ask you if anyone else told you that you had to lodge your 801 at the 2 year mark? that seems to be what the department and the agent has been telling me but nearly everyone here has lodged their 801 between 1 month-1 year of being granted their 820. Really appreciate any help.

Cheers
Sorry for late reply. Yes, 2 years after you first lodge your 820/801 visa - remember it's the same application but two steps. You'll get email (some people don't get it) after 23 months from your 820/801 application that you are eligible to apply for 801.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We got our 801 just 10 days from our 820 without application being put in for 801.
Those that interested with our timeline:

Partner: NZ (resident in Australia)
Me (visa applicant): Malaysian

Dec 2018 - started our relationship (online)
Jan 2019 - meet at Brisbane, fly back Malaysia, re-enter in Mar-May, exit and come back May
Aug 2019 - officially applied Onshore Partnership visa
July 2020 - book in for Bupa health assessment, submit both police clearance (with no trigger), submit yearly updates
Aug 2021 - we got 820! (around 23 months)
Aug 2021 - we got 801! (just over 24 months and 5days)

Documents:
  • we prepare timeline of relationship, and separate all story according to category (love story, joint finance, joint social, joint commitment, joint household)
  • adding both names into car ownership
  • we actively using joint accounts for all expenses and income
  • joint medibank
  • my partner has kids (photos together whenever school holiday visit), we haven't meet each other parents yet due to covid (NZ & Malaysia)
  • Update in FB (June 2021 he proposed) changed status to engaged
  • recently due to redundancy, my partner updated me as his partner in Centrelink and i have to acknowledge it (not sure if this is the trigger) but we got the good news 2 days after
  • added 2 more 888 + 2 written testimony from close friend and cousins (total 5 x form888)
  • All information was front-loaded, Health test close to 1 year (because we was reading it takes time and we do not want to risk it get expired and retake that), we uploaded both police check again (after 1 year). No contact was made from Immi. We do spend lots of time putting in photos and writing the timeline.
Additional comment:
1) We did apply through migration agent
2) When our agent update us on our 820 (good news) and then they ask our permission to "TRY to see if I can ask for you to be prioritised to permanent visa seeing as your visa was granted so close to your 2 year since the lodging of the application. To do that I would have to send an email to the department and attach your grant letter." They did that, and boom we got our 801 - 10days apart from our 820.

I thought you guys would like to know that, and exactly to whom and how she wrote, we can't share because it was submitted on behalf.
Again, this is huge relief for us.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We got our 801 just 10 days from our 820 without application being put in for 801.

Jan 2019 - meet at Brisbane, fly back Malaysia, re-enter in Mar-May, exit and come back May
July 2020 - book in for Bupa health assessment, submit both police clearance (with no trigger), submit yearly updates

Documents:
  • we prepare timeline of relationship, and separate all story according to category (love story, joint finance, joint social, joint commitment, joint household)
  • joint medibank
  • my partner has kids (photos together whenever school holiday visit), we haven't meet each other parents yet due to covid (NZ & Malaysia)
  • recently due to redundancy, my partner updated me as his partner in Centrelink and i have to acknowledge it (not sure if this is the trigger) but we got the good news 2 days after
  • added 2 more 888 + 2 written testimony from close friend and cousins (total 5 x form888)
  • All information was front-loaded, Health test close to 1 year (because we was reading it takes time and we do not want to risk it get expired and retake that), we uploaded both police check again (after 1 year). No contact was made from Immi. We do spend lots of time putting in photos and writing the timeline.
Additional comment:
2) When our agent update us on our 820 (good news) and then they ask our permission to "TRY to see if I can ask for you to be prioritised to permanent visa seeing as your visa was granted so close to your 2 year since the lodging of the application. To do that I would have to send an email to the department and attach your grant letter." They did that, and boom we got our 801 - 10days apart from our 820.

I thought you guys would like to know that, and exactly to whom and how she wrote, we can't share because it was submitted on behalf.
Congrats for it! Sounds quick timearound!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just finished uploading all documents for 801. Heres to hoping for a speedy grant!

My partners Thai passport is expired and we can't travel to ACT to renew it so does anyone know if having an expired passport will affect the application?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Just finished uploading all documents for 801. Heres to hoping for a speedy grant!

My partners Thai passport is expired and we can't travel to ACT to renew it so does anyone know if having an expired passport will affect the application?
It can be done most capital cities and during normal times the consulate does travel around.
Can't say for sure if it will affect the application, I would imagine it should be okay. Obviously update passport details once you have a new one

·
Registered
43 Posts
It can be done most capital cities and during normal times the consulate does travel around.
Can't say for sure if it will affect the application, I would imagine it should be okay. Obviously update passport details once you have a new one
Yes unfortunately we missed the last time it came to Melbourne and due to COVID it's been so infrequent that it has not happened anytime recently.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello,

I am happy to share the news that my '801 got granted' last week. This forum was so helpful with the doubts/queries that were lingering in my mind.

After sending an enquiry email, my 801 visa got granted the right next day!! I felt like I could have done this a few months ago. Yes, enquiry email works!!!!!

820 Submitted: Nov 2018
820 S56 Request: Apr 2020
820 Granted: May 2020
801 Submitted: Dec 2020
801 Granted: Aug 2021

Thanks!
Hi! What is the e-mail for enquiries?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Documents:
  • joint medibank
Additional comment:

Congratulations to you both!

Our application took 29 months in total. I met my wife (also Malaysian =D) on Mar 2018. I proposed Oct 2018 and we married Feb 2019. Submitted 820/801 visa application Mar 2019. We included in our application:
  • Marriage certification
  • Joint bank statement
  • Details of how our relationship developed
  • Family and friends
  • Stat dec
  • all other relevant forms

I gathered all the evidence and submitted the application myself. I did not upload anything after the initial application with the exception of Australian and Singapore police certificates, a health check and changes of address along the way.

On 18 August 2021, I uploaded her Singapore police check (after months of waiting). On 19 August 2021 she was granted 820 and 801 within a minute of each other. I was dreading having to supply evidence of our continued relationship over the last 2 and a half years but I'm so glad I don't have to do that now XD.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,

In the current NSW COVID lockdown, I was wondering how to certify the Statutory Declarations (888 and partner)? Do JP's provide online service? Has anyone got any recent experience doing this?

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone !

I am new to this forum and I have a question regarding my future 801 application.

Do immigration ask about the employment history from the last 10 years all over again like in the 820 application or just from the last 2 years (since lodgement of subclass 820)?

Also, a bit confused on what to write in the development of relationship section since the grant of the temporary visa as we have been in lockdown for a big part of the year and nothing much has happened since haha
If someone could tell me what they wrote for this section, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks !

·
Registered
258 Posts
An update for all, though I’ve not been here much as of late.

Applied for 820 (onshore, from PMV)- January 2019
Granted- June 2019
Applied for 801- January 2021, updated through about March after the birth of my son
Granted- September 4, 2021

hoping for speedy grants for all those still waiting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My wife and I are in process of applying 801 ourselves.
Would you be able to share any links for referring to evidences? We have just submitted comprehensive list of evidences in January 2021 during 820 processing.

Our major concerns are:
1. Do we need to write all relationship statements again?
2. I submitted 4 888s and additional stat decs from our parents. However, due to covid restirctions, I might not be able to get all of them to provide same again. Would that be fine?

Thanks!

6101 - 6120 of 6131 Posts