Australia Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 5944 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Skybluebrewer, Yes, I agree and understand but when they don't respond on email either, it's really frustrating. I specifically wanted to ask about studying on an 820 visa. I thought my husband was able to pay local fees, rather than international fees. Each institution is saying something different and both TAFE and 2 Universities have stated that I need to get guidance from the DOI in order to know the answer. There are a few other things, but this is a major one atm.

I'm also confused again when he will be eligible to pass for the 801 and how much longer we (generally) need to wait.
this is correct. i have same case like you. the local fee only eligible to citizen or PR and New Zealander . Once you still hold temporary visa (820) . you need to pay international fee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,
my 801 visa eligible date is 28/10/2016, we submitted at 30/102016.
it has been 13 months now, until 14/11/2017, i received a letter (reply with 28 days) for police check for my daughter, (she just pass 18 years old).
does it mean i will get the visa granted soon? we then submitted quickly within 10 days.
we hope it will be quick, and my daughter she will go UNI next year, and we have to pay international student fee with temporary visa as informed.
what can i do to make them quickly processing my application?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,103 ·
Hi all,
it has been 13 months now, until 14/11/2017, i received a letter (reply with 28 days) for police check for my daughter, (she just pass 18 years old).
does it mean i will get the visa granted soon? we then submitted quickly within 10 days.
we hope it will be quick, and my daughter she will go UNI next year, and we have to pay international student fee with temporary visa as informed.
Every case is different. Some people get it soon after and others still wait months.

There was something earlier in the year, maybe around June? How PR holders from 1 January 2018 will no longer be eligible for the Commonwealth Supported Places which means that fees will be more expensive than what they have been and some people have even suggested close to international fees. I am not sure if it needs to go through parliament or not but it might be something that you have a look in to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,

I received my 801 Visa today. Started my journey way back in 2014, feels like ages ago now.

Subclass 300 - Granted April 2014 in Canada
Subclass 820 - Applied 31-Dec-2014, Granted 04-Feb-2015
Subclass 801 - Applied 28-Mar-2017, Granted 08-Dec-2017

I have been updating my application with new documents since March. I forgot the stat dec from my wife. An immigration officer called her at work today asking about it, she answered some questions. A couple hours later the 801 was granted. My application had a lot of pictures(travel, friends, and family), joint bank statement, joint bills, a lot of joint travel evidence since we have traveled a lot domestically and internationally.

I wasn't expecting anything till at least March next year. I was just about to add a few more documents to the application this weekend. A nice surprise anyways. Good luck to you all still waiting.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hello all,

I received my 801 Visa today. Started my journey way back in 2014, feels like ages ago now.

Subclass 300 - Granted April 2014 in Canada
Subclass 820 - Applied 31-Dec-2014, Granted 04-Feb-2015
Subclass 801 - Applied 28-Mar-2017, Granted 08-Dec-2017

I have been updating my application with new documents since March. I forgot the stat dec from my wife. An immigration officer called her at work today asking about it, she answered some questions. A couple hours later the 801 was granted. My application had a lot of pictures(travel, friends, and family), joint bank statement, joint bills, a lot of joint travel evidence since we have traveled a lot domestically and internationally.

I wasn't expecting anything till at least March next year. I was just about to add a few more documents to the application this weekend. A nice surprise anyways. Good luck to you all still waiting.
Hi Dabster, a big congrats on a great holiday present for you and your wife :) I don't feel so bad about uploading my partner's stat dec a month late now ha ha. Processing times are from date of eligibility, so you're just under the 12 month average. Still, much better than the predicted "16-22 months"!

Hope you enjoy your life as a permanent resident!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi all,
They asked for police check for me as well, gave it without 10 days, waited an extra 3 months... Hope you get more luck! But don't expect an answer at the end of the deadline

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello All, I have been a quite follower in the forum. I need a bit of advise on waiting for my 801. My wife and I will be waiting for 12 months by the 29th of December since our eligibility date for 801. We are in the process of buying a business but are scared that the bank might be reluctant because of me being on an 820 visa. I have sent an email to immigration to inform them of our plight but we received no response. We really need this break as it will help my wife and I. I was wondering if there was any advice you could share with me so that I can present our case to immigration. I Know my message might appear stupid but I decided to ask you because someone in this forum might have been through the same problem.
I am open to advise, or even another immigration number I can contact apart from the direct number.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well Christmas came early for my wife and I. Yesterday marked the end of a very long journey, my gorgeous wife has finally had her 801 approved. Almost four years in the making, thank you to all those who helped.

On Saturday the 9th of December we submitted a complaint to immi on Monday the 11th we received the standard acknowledgment letter, then a day later on the 12th it was approved, no communication from immi whatsoever.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations Scott, so happy your wait is over. When was your eligibility date and how did you Lodge a complaint? I am thinking of doing the same. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congratulations Scott, so happy your wait is over. When was your eligibility date and how did you Lodge a complaint? I am thinking of doing the same. Merry Christmas.
Thank you! 1st of September 2016 was the eligibility date, we applied on the eligibility date. We lodged the complaint on the immi website, there is a section for feedback / complaints. The wait time for the second stage (801) was 15.5 months approximately.

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you! 1st of September 2016 was the eligibility date, we applied on the eligibility date. We lodged the complaint on the immi website, there is a section for feedback / complaints. The wait time for the second stage (801) was 15.5 months approximately.
Congratulations! I have the eligible date only 2 weeks later. Hope your luck will continue. Just wondering when you lodge your complaint, did you read that the website said they will not response if your processing time is within the published global standard? Could you please share what you included in your complaint letter?

Thanks for sharing with us and congrats again for you new chapter of life!! Enjoy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi All,

My eligibility date was 11 November 2017, and I haven't submit any paperwork due to busy at work. :(

Also, I was wondering, I also have't received any communications from DBIP on my second stage, not through email or mailed. Was submit my 820 through post. Is this normal that I havent heard anything from them?

Other question, is anyone know if DBIP still accept paper submission?

Thank you all.

regards,
Arum

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi All,

My eligibility date was 11 November 2017, and I haven't submit any paperwork due to busy at work. :(

Also, I was wondering, I also have't received any communications from DBIP on my second stage, not through email or mailed. Was submit my 820 through post. Is this normal that I havent heard anything from them?

Other question, is anyone know if DBIP still accept paper submission?

Thank you all.

regards,
Arum
Hi Arum,

I am not sure if you received your 820 grant yet, if you received it, you can directly proceed to 801 application without receiving anything from DIBP because they won't remind you now.

If you haven't received 820, it's still in the reasonable time frame according to their published global processing time. However you can still proceed your 801 application.

Submit by paper is still available now but I heard some news that they will only accept online submitting from very soon. You d better check on it. By all means, to submit online is easier and more informative during your waiting time.

Hope it help, cheers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Arum,

I am not sure if you received your 820 grant yet, if you received it, you can directly proceed to 801 application without receiving anything from DIBP because they won't remind you now.

If you haven't received 820, it's still in the reasonable time frame according to their published global processing time. However you can still proceed your 801 application.

Submit by paper is still available now but I heard some news that they will only accept online submitting from very soon. You d better check on it. By all means, to submit online is easier and more informative during your waiting time.

Hope it help, cheers.
Thank you Lijing.

Yes I did received my 820 grant on 14 November 2015.

Will start with the online submission then. I hope I can submit before Christmas holiday. Finger crossed!

Cheers.

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi everyone,
I woke up this morning to an email saying I've been granted my 801, I'm totally blown away!
I applied 30th December 2014-like so many of is did back then to avoid the price hike! So it's taken nigh on 3 years to get my visa, it's certainly been worth the wait and I hope those who haven't received theirs yet will get some good news soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone,
I woke up this morning to an email saying I've been granted my 801, I'm totally blown away!
I applied 30th December 2014-like so many of is did back then to avoid the price hike! So it's taken nigh on 3 years to get my visa, it's certainly been worth the wait and I hope those who haven't received theirs yet will get some good news soon.
Hello Penfold. Congratulations to you on such great news on a Friday Monday, what a way to end the week and the year. Champagne on the house. Just wanted to confirm your time like and also if you got contacted by the department at anytime. Could you also share what country you were from as well. Once again wish you all the best for Xmas and many more good news for you.

·
Registered
244 Posts
801 Granted today.

1101 - 1120 of 5944 Posts