Australia Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 6089 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hello!

I'm planning to start my 801 application in the next few days (eligible from 16 January).

Do I just have to upload documents since my 820 was granted (820) or should I include stuff from the whole 2 year period?

How long is the average application taking at the moment? Is it still 18-24 months?

Did they change the citizenship requirements to 4 years from PR in the end? I've been out of touch for a while.

Thanks everyone. Hope you've all had a good Christmas :)

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You are not suppose to submit until 2 months prior at the earliest. They will not look at the application until after your eligibility date and at the moment they seem to be taking around 12 months after eligibility date. Everything is based on the eligibility date so submitting docs early does not help.

Coming on a PMV doesn't matter everything is from the 820 lodgement date.
The website now says not to submit more than one month prior to eligibility date.

"You do not need to wait for us to contact you. You can provide your documents no earlier than one month before that date. Do not send your documents too early." Source

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hello!

I'm planning to start my 801 application in the next few days (eligible from 16 January).

Do I just have to upload documents since my 820 was granted (820) or should I include stuff from the whole 2 year period?

How long is the average application taking at the moment? Is it still 18-24 months?

Did they change the citizenship requirements to 4 years from PR in the end? I've been out of touch for a while.

Thanks everyone. Hope you've all had a good Christmas :)
Since the grant of the 820.

We've seen anywhere from 9 months to the more typical time of 16 months.

I don't believe that has changed as of yet.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I need to start a new application for the 801 right? When I log into my immi account...
Yes :) However, your sponsor doesn't have to like with the 820. They only have to fill out the sponsor stat dec available on the website.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,169 ·

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yes, the 888's are for friends and family to write about your relationship. The sponsor stat dec is writing about your relationship addressing all categories and signing that you are still in a genuine and ongoing relationship. Here is the link to the sponsor stat dec: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/LegacyPagesandAboutUs/Documents/stat_dec_sponsor.pdf
Do I have to fill out something similar online?

Will it be possible to look back over our original application to check dates etc?

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,171 ·
Do I have to fill out something similar online?

Will it be possible to look back over our original application to check dates etc?
The application in the immiaccount is what you fill out which will have the boxes to fill out from your prospective.

If you used the immiaccount for your 820 then you can access it to see what dates you put in for your 820.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone

Have been reading forum for some time now, this is my first post- need some advice! Sorry if the questions have been already answered somewhere..

Was granted 820 in March 2017, eligibility date for stage 2 was December 2017- I did not realise until very recently that I have to submit all the documents again!

We went through the lawyers and paid too much money- exceeding all quotes. Considering doing everything myself this time or changing to another agent. This was such a stressful process; I do want to do everything right though -sure you all know how it feels!)

Q1 : On the immi website it says I cannot import partner visa application into the second account. My lawyers do not want to do any steps to help me importing the initial application. I emailed immigration on 30th November asking how could I get the application for 820 imported in my personal account- no response yet..

Q2: Can I see documents uploaded for stage 1 if I import the application?

Q3: Am I eligible to request all documentation they uploaded from my name (will I get anything??)

Q4: If I sign a new 956 form that they do not represent me, would I be contacted from immigration? How does it work?

Q6: What’s the best way to organise photos- do I need to print them out or could I just copy paste pics in the word document and write a description?

Q7: do I need to certify copies for the stage 2 (or are the coloured scans enough?)

Q8: I there any online form to fill in when filling the application where I can’t go back and change? I am gathering the evidence in a rush but have no grasp yet how much work is to be done.

Q9: I have a dependent child from previous relationship, he has 445 visa and we sent the 1002 form off. Is there anything else I need to do re him for the stage 2?

Q10: I do not need to create a separate account for my partner at this stage, is that right?

Any advice (also on checklist and how to upload) would be very much appreciated!!!

Thanks so much!:)

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,175 ·
Finally today is my day. I got my 801 visa granted this morning. I got interviewed sep 2017 .
Timline
820 applied 23 april 2014
Granted 23 march 2015
Eligible for 801 - 23 april 2016
Applied on july 2016
Granted 9 jan 2018
Congrats!! Finally!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Finally today is my day. I got my 801 visa granted this morning. I got interviewed sep 2017 .
Timline
820 applied 23 april 2014
Granted 23 march 2015
Eligible for 801 - 23 april 2016
Applied on july 2016
Granted 9 jan 2018
Congrats!! Finally!!
Thank you Mish. Feeling stressfree now.
They didnt contact after interviewing me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, I'm seeking for advice. My partner applied 801 July 2016, I got phone interview March last year asked several questions, which I think I answered ok but not good enough I guess, then got doc request from immi Sep last year, we provided the docs. Got nothing after that, question is usually how long we will wait after the final doc request? We've been together man years but we do fight like other couples, the CO found that i didn't fill the onboard ticket with our address I did explain that's because we had fight, I just stayed with my friends, but came back later. Not sure if its the issue they will refuse my partner's case? we have joint account, but her name is not on our home loan. I explained that we will buy second house will be under her name by using first home buyer grant.... anyway, stressful everyday until we get the result!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been waiting on 801 for 12.5 months. I submitted 50 documents online since 5 january 2016. I have been submitting documents regularly every 3 month. I believe I have submitted enough evidence. My Online account still read Äpplication received but not assigned" . I know the published waiting time is 15 to 22 months although in the letter they sent to me inviting me to apply for 801 they stated 6-8 months. I feel I need to contact the department for update. I dont want to phone them. How can I do it online. I cant find a link to write to them either enquiring or complaining. Advice PLZ. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
... I know the published waiting time is 15 to 22 months although in the letter they sent to me inviting me to apply for 801 they stated 6-8 months. I feel I need to contact the department for update. I dont want to phone them. How can I do it online. I cant find a link to write to them either enquiring or complaining. Advice PLZ. Thanks
I have applied for 801 on march 2017.It said 6-8 months waiting time as well.Then changed to 12-18 and now 15-22...This is really frustrating !
Also called over the phone and they told me that I didn't have to upload any evidence after submitting the 801,have I been told a misleading information?
Is there anything I could/should do?
Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have applied for 801 on march 2017.It said 6-8 months waiting time as well.Then changed to 12-18 and now 15-22...This is really frustrating !
Also called over the phone and they told me that I didn't have to upload any evidence after submitting the 801,have I been told a misleading information?
Is there anything I could/should do?
Thanks
If you're talking about updating your application with subsequent information, no you don't HAVE to do that unless specifically asked by DIBP. However, a lot of us do update information just to show that we are in a continuous relationship with our partner. This is a preference of course, if you don't feel like you need to do that then you don't have to :)

Some people have found that their application was processed soon after uploading new info, so in some cases it has helped. It's been less than a year since you applied (10 months) which is much lower than the average wait times. There really isn't anything you can do at this point. Average wait time is around 12-14 months. After that time period, if you're still waiting you can email or call the DIBP. Some people wait a whopping 19 months+ like happy91 or waiting2018.

Reactions: Arzak
1161 - 1180 of 6089 Posts