Australia Forum banner

141 - 160 of 5909 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

I started a new thread for this but probably should have posted here...

We applied for an onshore Partner Visa in July 2016, however after lodging the application I was offered a very good opportunity to work overseas, so we left the country in November 2016. At the time we added a letter to the application explaining our situation and that my partner would return to Australia to fulfill any requirements to maintain the Visa application. The application is now being assessed and the department has requested a few additional minor documents (AFP check, Health Check) so we are getting close! However the letter we received also contains the below:

Other Requirements
Departmental records show that you have been outside Australia since 26/10/2016 and have no valid visa to return. If you wish to proceed with this application, Regulation 820.411 requires you to be in Australia at the time your visa is granted. Please note you must meet all relevant criteria and that nothing in this letter should be taken that your application is one for approval.
If proceeding with this application, you will need to make arrangements to return to Australia. Refer to the departments’ website and if necessary contact the departmental office closest to you to discuss your visa options.

Questions:
- When we left Australia, my partners BVA became invalid. What visa can she get to return to Australia? Is it ok to travel on a tourist visa to be in Australia when the visa is granted?
- When is it required to travel to Australia? Will the department notify a date, or does she need to travel back and wait indefinitely while the application is being assessed?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Just wanted to write a quick shout out to all of you who've been in the same boat as me for years and years. Finally........my 801 has been granted exactly 5 years after applying for prospective marriage visa, 2 years and 2 weeks after applying for 820, 1 year and 3 months after bringing our son into this world.

I've lived in Australia for four years already on a valid visa. Onto the next one then.......Australian Citizenship. ......Aluta Continua.

I wish all the very best to everyone still waiting.
Congrats!! Must be a great a feeling!!! Enjoy celebrating.

·
Registered
68 Posts
how we count the eligibility. i applied 820/801 on april 2014 and i got 820 in march 2015 .so what is my eligibiliity. lawyer sent mail last year in may 2016 that you are eligible.
please let me know which is right month.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
how we count the eligibility. i applied 820/801 on april 2014 and i got 820 in march 2015 .so what is my eligibiliity. lawyer sent mail last year in may 2016 that you are eligible.
please let me know which is right month.
It is 2 years from when the 820 was lodged (not when you gave the documents to your lawyer/agent but when thet lodged the application).

So if you lodged your 820 on 1 May 2014 your eligibility date is 1 May 2016.

·
Registered
68 Posts
on my 820 visa grant letter has written applied on 23 april 2014. so my eligibility date is 23 april 2016.maybe lawyer forgot to tell me. i didnt know anything about application thats y i used lawyer. really this page gives alot information. thanks mish

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
on my 820 visa grant letter has written applied on 23 april 2014. so my eligibility date is 23 april 2016.maybe lawyer forgot to tell me. i didnt know anything about application thats y i used lawyer. really this page gives alot information. thanks mish
Yes, your eligibility date is 23 April 2016.

They seem to be processing around March/April/May at the moment.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, your eligibility date is 23 April 2016.

They seem to be processing around March/April/May at the moment.
yeah .its a year now. lets see how many more months to wait.i applied paper application. maybe have wait more time. is India high risk or low risk country?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
yeah .its a year now. lets see how many more months to wait.i applied paper application. maybe have wait more time. is India high risk or low risk country?
Did your agent apply by paper too? I know that some people send the docs by paper to the agent and then they scan them and apply online.

India is high risk.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did your agent apply by paper too? I know that some people send the docs by paper to the agent and then they scan them and apply online.

India is high risk.
will it affect the application if m from india. initially we applied paper application then we hire a agent but i dont know how he applied next. i gotta ask him some things

·
Registered
812 Posts
Happy from what you have posted your agent has given you the correct info and done the right thing. there may be 7 days different but they did follow up to say you are eligible in 2016, and from what you have posted only a couple of days out

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 · (Edited)
will it affect the application if m from india. initially we applied paper application then we hire a agent but i dont know how he applied next. i gotta ask him some things
It depends. I have seen alot from India who were on student visas before they lodged the 820 take a long time and even their family in India gets interviewed. However, I have also seen some where the family in India don't get interviewed at all.

There was a court case recently that seems to have made DIBP look more closely at the applications.

It is one of those time will tell things.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Happy from what you have posted your agent has given you the correct info and done the right thing. there may be 7 days different but they did follow up to say you are eligible in 2016, and from what you have posted only a couple of days out
yeah. its 1 year and 6 days now

·
Registered
68 Posts
It depends. I have seen alot from India who were on student visas before they lodged the 820 take a long time and even their family in India gets interviewed. However, I have also seen some where the family in India don't get interviewed at all.

There was a court case recently that seems to have made DIBP look more closely at the applications.

It is one of those time will tell things.
lets see how long takes for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone just wanted to let you know my visa was granted yesterday at 1:00pm I didnt even know it could go through on a Saturday! I applied for my 820 in April 2014, I was eligible to apply for 801 on 23 April 2016 but I applied late on 20 July 2016 and was granted yesterday 29 April 2017. I can finally stop obsessing over my emails it's finally here 12 months 6 days overdue. I have a 1 year old so. And I am married 3 years. No more information was asked or contact made from immigration I just received the email. The very best of luck to everyone, your day of good news will come! Now another four years to apply for citizenship lol we can finally put it all behind us and get on to enjoy life :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
0 recieved

After seeing the above visa approved I thought i'd check my Immi (wishful thinking) and I think there might be an error in my uploaded evidence.

All sections have the green tick however some say '1 received' and the date received with the file name but some are saying ' 0 received' and the date but no file name ?

I've screen shotted the small section that shows received but no file name.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Should I send an email and make sure it's all worked ?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Hi everyone just wanted to let you know my visa was granted yesterday at 1:00pm I didnt even know it could go through on a Saturday! I applied for my 820 in April 2014, I was eligible to apply for 801 on 23 April 2016 but I applied late on 20 July 2016 and was granted yesterday 29 April 2017. I can finally stop obsessing over my emails it's finally here 12 months 6 days overdue. I have a 1 year old so. And I am married 3 years. No more information was asked or contact made from immigration I just received the email. The very best of luck to everyone, your day of good news will come! Now another four years to apply for citizenship lol we can finally put it all behind us and get on to enjoy life :)
Congrats!! They are working on Saturday's now to meet end of financial year target.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 · (Edited)
After seeing the above visa approved I thought i'd check my Immi (wishful thinking) and I think there might be an error in my uploaded evidence.

All sections have the green tick however some say '1 received' and the date received with the file name but some are saying ' 0 received' and the date but no file name ?

I've screen shotted the small section that shows received but no file name.

Should I send an email and make sure it's all worked ?
What does it say down the bottom? Usually it says how may files out of 60 have been received.

DIBP don't seem to answer emails anymore.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
This is what DIBP says about responding to requests for confirmation that documents have been received:

7. Have you received my application and/or documents?
Due to the large volume of correspondence received, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of documents.

141 - 160 of 5909 Posts