Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am writing this on behalf of my Son who is an Australian citizen, after returning to Australia from Europe with his fiancee, they married in early January 2015, we lodged an application for Class BS Partner-Residence Subclass 801 on 27.01.2015, she then received a bridging visa, then a temporary spouse visa, The last paperwork we received on 10.01.2018 requesting further information with a time frame to lodge of 28 days. We supplied everything we had in the time frame except we sent it by mail as their PC was malfunctioning. Can anyone give us any idea how long we must wait for a final decision. I checked on the Immi account today and it says Important Information: This application requires additional supporting documentation...I am baffled at the moment :confused

·
Registered
25 Posts
Immigration stopped accepting paper applications last year. Everything needs to be done online now. Did they initially fill out the stage 2 form online and were then asked for further info? Since it is an online application immigration may never have received or accepted any of the info sent in. They should try and call them to see if those files have been received. Otherwise they should upload them asap on their immi account as well. Whatever you do you need to act fast as immigration can make a decision on what is in there at any time.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Your son should put a but of effort in here.

They can make a decision on the information they have, hope at least it was registered mail.

That is like 4 months ago, why was it not also uploaded when PC was working properly or one borrowed or use a Library one in the months after?

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Upload all the documents sent by email through ImmiAccount. If they don’t know how to deal with the further information request, get a professional to deal with it before they decide to refuse the application.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They filled out stage 2 online then they were asked for further info within 28 days, there was no point uploading it after the 28 days expired as we were informed it wouldn’t be accepted.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
They filled out stage 2 online then they were asked for further info within 28 days, there was no point uploading it after the 28 days expired as we were informed it wouldn't be accepted.
Have you got that in writing? The standard requirement is to " respond" within a certain timeframe. No one can tell you what to do without seeing the actual correspondence.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.