Thank you so much! Me and my partner still cannot believe it but we are so happy!!
Are you applying for an offshore visa or onshore visa?
We made sure we had all the information they needed, except for medical. We had to wait until a case officer asked me for it, as they provide us with a HAP ID number that your doctor will need.
Jake - Sponsor Partner
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of his current Lease Agreement
- Copy of Drivers License
-Copy of his Police Extract
- 40sp - He does it online on your immi account. You must submit and pay for the visa before he can fill out his 40sp.
Me - Applicant
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of current Passport
- Copy of Swedish and Australian Police Extract . I provided both since I am not allowed to have any criminal records of my own country and I had been living in Australia for 4 years before applying for our offshore de facto visa.
- Copy of current Lease Agreement
- Copy of Drivers License + my international license
-80 filled out - takes ages
-47sp - you do in online on your immi account, once you have submitted your visa.
- Joint Bank account - Evidence of;
- Bank statements of rent money
- Money going in and out of joint account
- Joint Lease agreements - make sure to get a copy of all places you have stayed together at. even if you have been on a holiday together and had 2 nights at a hotel or hostel. But make sure both your names are on it.
- Joint invites (e.g birthday parties, weddings, dinners etc. Make sure they are addressed in both your names)
- Postcards addressed to both you
- Travels together - photos, bookings of accommodation
- Photos of both you together with families and/or friends.
All together me and my partner provided 6 statutory declarations from friends and family and then you have to write one yourself.
4 - Form 888 ( have to be Australian citizen/or permanent)
2 - Written statutory declaration from my dad and my non permanent friend who lives in Australia.
1 - Statutory Declaration from the sponsor
1 - Statutory Declaration from the applicant
Evidence of communication:
- Saved messages and phone call extracts during periods of being apart.
It seems a bit excessive I know, but trust me it is worth using it all. Proves that you are really committed to each other.
This is the most important things you need to use or find out about. Some things I have not gone into details about as you'll learn as you go. But ill send you this link that is really good to read through before you start, or use whilst in the process of providing all your information.
Be patient. it does take time. I have spent 12 hours/day some days. Onc you start its hard to put it aside as you just want it to be done with. But it is all worth it in the end to put that extra effort into what you both want. To be able to live and spend the rest of your lives together.
Do not hesitate to ask more questions I you have any. More than happy to help. Hope what I have written so far does.