Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy

My partner just had her 309 Temp residency approved. (only 5 months wait yewww)

I just had a question about approval time of temp visa to permanent resident. I believe its about 2 years give or take??

Anyway, my question is, if we leave the country at any time just for holidays, does this have any effect on waiting time. We were told by a previous applicant from a long time ago, that anytime spent outside of Australia, adds on to residency wait. Is this true?

This may have been an old rule, but looking at Visa grant, it states she leave country multiple times etc. I cant find any info on this, so wanting to know if anyone knows about it

Thanks peeps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This has since been answered elsewhere. Thanks but please disregards question. Not sure how to remove it

·
Registered
838 Posts
FYI there was some wrong information in the reply to your question.
2 years from your initial application of the 309/100 you are eligible to supply further evidence for the 100, they now longer send out the reminders to apply.
the current official processing times are 75 % within 22 months and 90% within 28 months.
you can come and go no worries however if there is limited time within Australia then you may have a hard time proving intent to remain settled in Australia.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the additional info. I was researching more on the Immigration site, and it says they will send notification when eligible, however you say no, so has this change recently, or are they just getting slack.

Also, I was just confused about your last part about limited time, do you mean if they have advised of restriction or something on the TEmp Visa?

·
Registered
838 Posts
one of the sticky posts at the top is from a rma talks about them stoping it, I do get things wrong but would definitely trust them.
all I meant was if you have only been in the country for a month or 2 then it might be hard to prove you intend to settle here.
holidays and trips obviously not a problem just mean basically if you move to live in another country.
seems odd I know but you read the forums long enough you see all sorts of weird and wonderful situations!
out if curiosity in your grant letter does it mention they will contact you? just curious if they updated it.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
^ as per the sticky and ausssies comment, they have stopped sending the reminder email, you need to track your 2 year anniversary to send your supporting documents in.

Going on holiday adds on to the residency wait - no not true.

However if you intend to apply for citizenship then having large amounts of time out of the country will potentially delay that.

Oh and if you want some really good advice - don't take what's written on immigrations website as anything more then a rough guide, some of the information on there is misleading at best and in certain circumstances just plain wrong. Likewise their call centre will tell you there's 13 months in a year if you ask the question on a Tuesday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Aussie 83, I'm not very good with this site, and wouldn't have a clue where the sticky note is. Anyway, no her grant has no info on it. I found that on the information section of Australian immigration site etc. But we will be well and truly ready for the 2 years to apply. Excellent, well wife will living here fulltime, but we may go for holidays etc so was just unsure if that effects.

Thnks Mania, I take most things on here with a grain of salt hahaa. It gives me enough to know what I need anyway. Just happy visa approved and wil just live our normal life and wait for 2 years to apply for resident. Yes I did read you have only a certain amount of travel allowed when going for Citizenship, as more then allowed can go against you, but this wont be problem in our case.

Thanks so much both of you, much appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.