Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and would love if I could clarify a few issues I have been having with me partnership application. I'll give a bit of background to my situation...

Originally from Ireland, came to Australia in September 2016 and met my partner my first night here. I was originally over to spend time with friends but after I met my partner I decided to stay. We moved in together in December 2016, we have spent at most maybe four days apart since. We adopted a dog, I now have a full time job and he has his own carpentry company. We have spent a month together in Ireland, my parents came over to visit and we have been on 4/5 holidays together. I have evidence on social media, photos, lease, joint bank statements, vet bills etc and have collected evidence such as travel documents.

My question is, do I honestly need a migration agent? I have been in contact with one who basically said I would be rejected as we have only been together two years, our age (24) and the fact that when I first moved in with my partner he lived with one of his friends. I am unsure whether to trust this as I feel like we have quite a solid case. Can anyone let me know if they have done the process on their own and if so, how long you were together with your partner?

We have registered our relationship in April 2017. Thanks in advance for any input anyone can provide :) :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.