Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am currently living in Australia with the 820 visa and I have been asked to apply for the Permanent Resident Visa in January 2016.
I sent my application online on the February 5th and since my "application status" is "received". I understood that I could not call the immigration office but because 9 months passed since I sent my documents I am wondering if it is normal to have no update or feedback since.
Would they contact me if something was missing or it is the normal process?
Thanks for your answer
Sylvain

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi,
I am currently living in Australia with the 820 visa and I have been asked to apply for the Permanent Resident Visa in January 2016.
I sent my application online on the February 5th and since my "application status" is "received". I understood that I could not call the immigration office but because 9 months passed since I sent my documents I am wondering if it is normal to have no update or feedback since.
Would they contact me if something was missing or it is the normal process?
Thanks for your answer
Sylvain
Hi Sylvain,

the processing time is now between 12-15 months, so all i can suggest is to be patient.

normally if they need more information they will send you a Request for Further Information via the preferred contact method you have provided.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to come back a bit late on your reply.
I have the feeling the delay has been extended and it is informal only.
I mean that I have been said 6, 8, 10, 12 and now 15 months maximum.
If I push further my thoughs, could I be waiting 4-5 years after applying to get the PR or there is an official deadline where my case has to be granted or rejected if their is anything wrong?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.