Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Case Officer - Perspective Marriage Visa

Hello everyone,
I applied for a Perspective Marriage Visa (subclass 300) visa from the USA about 2 months ago in April and haven't gotten a response yet. I know it can take months to get a reply but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it took to get assigned a case officer after applying.
As for the application itself, it is complete and both state and federal police checks were included along with all of our supporting evidence which was quite extensive. The only thing not included with the application is my medical checks.
Any other bits of general information about the visa is welcome!
Thank you!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thank you so much for the quick response Mish! Is there anything we can do to speed it up such as submitting the medical exams? The answer to that question is probably no but I'm hopeful for just about anything xD

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Not likely. Most of it has to due with the fact that there are alot of applicants and they have a specific number of visa's they grant - I believe some embassies are even specific down to the month.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again Mish, you've been a big help :) At least I'm almost half way there lol oh and just one last thing if you have the time, I read on one thread that things such as processing times tend to slow down at the embassies around June because of budget restrictions and pick up again after June. Is that true or just a complete rumor?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Some people have been told by case officers that they have reached the quota for the year. It does not seem to affect all though.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hello everyone, I applied for a Perspective Marriage Visa (subclass 300) visa from the USA about 2 months ago in April and haven't gotten a response yet. I know it can take months to get a reply but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it took to get assigned a case officer after applying. As for the application itself, it is complete and both state and federal police checks were included along with all of our supporting evidence which was quite extensive. The only thing not included with the application is my medical checks. Any other bits of general information about the visa is welcome! Thank you!
We applied at the end of December and first heard from a CO at the beginning of May. So 5 months for us to hear from them.

We have since submitted everything they required (police and FBI checks and medicals) and now we are just sitting tight and waiting. We are hoping to hear something soon!

Reactions: jhaddie and ahudson

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We applied at the end of December and first heard from a CO at the beginning of May. So 5 months for us to hear from them.

We have since submitted everything they required (police and FBI checks and medicals) and now we are just sitting tight and waiting. We are hoping to hear something soon!
Hi Canegirl,

I can't wait to hear back from a case officer, it will be the most exciting day!

Did you get any word on how long it would take to get everything finalized?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi Canegirl, I can't wait to hear back from a case officer, it will be the most exciting day! Did you get any word on how long it would take to get everything finalized?
No, nothing yet! We are just as impatient lol

Reactions: ahudson

·
Registered
18 Posts
You are in exactly the same boat as me; my partner applied for his visa at the start of April (2015) but we haven't heard anything either.
From what I can tell, if you submitted online (we did, and it goes through the Washington office as yours would be going through too if you applied off-shore) sometimes you may not even hear from a case officer unless they need more documents or something else from you.
But as far as health checks go, you have to go to specific places (Australian government certified places) to get them but if you happen to be visiting Australia any time soon you can book your health check while you're here. They can fit you in almost the next day and it's possibly a little cheaper too.

Did you guys apply online or paper?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are in exactly the same boat as me; my partner applied for his visa at the start of April (2015) but we haven't heard anything either.
From what I can tell, if you submitted online (we did, and it goes through the Washington office as yours would be going through too if you applied off-shore) sometimes you may not even hear from a case officer unless they need more documents or something else from you.
But as far as health checks go, you have to go to specific places (Australian government certified places) to get them but if you happen to be visiting Australia any time soon you can book your health check while you're here. They can fit you in almost the next day and it's possibly a little cheaper too.

Did you guys apply online or paper?
Hi Shmiffy,
Oh wow yeah, almost the exact same situation. We submitted ours online through immi :)
I've already looked into the clinic that I have to go to and called about prices and all that. As with everything else involved with this visa the medicals are expensive xD Right now I'm debating on whether or not to get the medicals done before hearing from the case officer or not.

If the case officer requires no additional info will we just receive a confirmation email?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would recommend you get everything up there asap. If they don't have to ask for further information then your car might move faster too. I'm under the impression that when applying online you may not hear back from a co at all, if you have them everything they need they may not contact you till your Visa is granted.
So get everything up there, if you don't have a medium, book one and give them the email for your booking. Then at least you know if you don't hear back it's sort of good news too because they have everything.
If your immi account says "assessment in progress" it means the case has been opened and someone is/will be looking at it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would recommend you get everything up there asap. If they don't have to ask for further information then your car might move faster too. I'm under the impression that when applying online you may not hear back from a co at all, if you have them everything they need they may not contact you till your Visa is granted.
So get everything up there, if you don't have a medium, book one and give them the email for your booking. Then at least you know if you don't hear back it's sort of good news too because they have everything.
If your immi account says "assessment in progress" it means the case has been opened and someone is/will be looking at it.
Awesome! Thanks for the help Shmiffy! I think it's the lack of hearing from them that has me nervous haha! I can't wait to get the medicals done, it's like a 4 hour drive just to get to the clinic! Such a bother lol I take your fiance already gotten theirs done?

·
Registered
18 Posts
He has. He is from. Columbus Ohio, and the closest place for him was across the boarder in Canada. So instead we booked him the appointment when he came to visit me in Australia. Was cheaper by a little and so much faster.
Once you have everything upload the wait becomes easier, since you've done all you can by that point. Just keep loading new documents as time passes.
I give a few copies of emails every month, to show we're in communication often.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh, and book the police check booked soon as you can, that process takes 3 months unless you use a channeller
Oh updating the communication logs, that's a great idea! The FBI checks were made through a channeller and were submitted a few weeks ago and the local police checks have also been uploaded. The only thing left is the medicals :D How much did the medicals cost in Oz if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm new here i don't know where to start but all i wanna ask if were married in the Philippines and my husband is already citizen if we annulled our marriage we still go to Philippines and apply for annulment? and when we get married i was just 17 that time can somebody/someone give me an advice? please need help regarding this matter thank you in advance.Ms clarke

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would be careful with getting the medicals done now. Even though it appears as though most PMV applications from the U.S are hearing from CO's around the 5-6 month mark, the website probably has a different timeline. You just want to be careful that there is no risk that your medicals could expire, although I have read that CO are able to extend them in some cases.

We waited until we had a CO contact us requesting the medicals. We had to wait a few weeks for an appointment but at least we know that there is no risk of them expiring. But I guess everyone is different, so you need to go with what you feel comfortable with. :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.