Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My husband received 2 missed call and a voicemail on Saturday from the London Australian Embassy. The voicemail said there is a document missing from our application (partner visa) but didn't say what! We waited out the weekend to call between 1-4pm today, and managed to get through to someone. The guy on the phone had no idea why the phone call was made or what was missing. Argh. He suggested we write a letter and upload to our immiaccount explaining all this, which we've done. I'm just wondering if someone has had a similar experience and what the outcome was? We've triple checked our account and everything is there, including our police checks that they requested in January and we uploaded in February. We submitted original application in November so it's been a long wait and a phone call was exciting, but it's frustrating that we don't know what's going on and they can't seem to tell us much.

Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aaargh how annoying. I'm going to turn the ring volume up on my phone right now!!
Good idea! My husband was showing someone around our house, which we've already put up for sale, so he couldn't answer his phone. The worst timing ever!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
If they call back, don't give any personal information out over the phone. If they need personal info to prove it's you or to talk about your case, get a name and department (or even a transfer code/number) and tell them you'll call the embassy back and ask to be transferred through. Then call the official number (not one the person gives you) back.

Just a personal safety thing I do. Also immigration has warned of scams aimed at visa applicants of phone calls claiming to be immigration. If it is immigration, they won't mind you calling them back on an official line to discuss personal information :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Visa granted this morning. So happy! They called again as I had uploaded one document incorrectly. Timeframe was just short of 5 months and straight to Subclass 100. Thanks all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.